El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbig lagoonbig macel nido resortsjack fishgarden cottagewater cottagessister resortentalula beach clubmaniocfull board mealsactivity coordinatorrock climbingbuffet stylefish feedingresort staffboat ridebuffet lunch
Reviewed 29 September 2013

There are just three things that need to be noted:
1) food isn't that great, and I have this pet peeve with crooked/old spoon & forks
2) Miniloc is an old property, the water cottage isn't nice and the bathroom kinda scares me; the morning view is spectacular though
3) all boat rides take so long
Other than that, this place has made me love the beach. There are so many things that you can do and enjoy. I would like to name Simon who's very sincere and always checks how things were with us, and the guy from the island where we did windsurfing (forgot his name so sorry). He turned me into a Pro!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RM M
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I'd always dreamed of staying in one of those resorts with bungalows over the water and I wasn't disappointed! El Nido resorts have about 4 or 5 properties on Palawan and while we had planned on staying at their Pangalusian resort, I'm glad it was full.

Miniloc Island Resort offered the friendliest people, beautiful scenery and exceptional attention to the customer's needs when it came to activities.

We stayed during rainy season, but that didn't dampen our fun in the least!(no pun intended). We were caught in heavy rain on our first day there and yet we were still snorkeling and paddle boarding...the water was so warm, just like bath water! The staff thought we were nuts! Haha

While not a fan of buffet style eating, it was fine for this place because they offered enough local options to not bore me as well as give me a taste of local filipino cuisine.

If I had to say something negative, there's only 1 small bar on the property and really just one small gift shop with hardly any options for purchasing drinks or souvenirs. And the drinks they do sell are mini bar prices, so it's not like you're gonna save money buy buying there and drinking in your room. I stuck with Happy Hour.

The rooms were clean and we got a nightly story and Palm leave with a message on it left on our step...which was a very nice touch. By the end of the trip, everyone knew our name.

If you're into nightlife and partying, this place is not for you...but if you want sheer tropical beauty and relaxing splendor...I highly recommend it. Getting massages in the bungalow by the water wasn't too shabby either.

El Nido handles everything, from their own chartered aircraft, to boat transfers from airport and inter-resort day trips once there. And if it was good enough to house the crew from SURVIVOR: Palawan (which incidentally was shot around that exact area), it was good enough for us!!

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Damian V
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Loved everything about Miniloc Island Resort! From its private and cozy airport lounge in Manila, the scenic plane ride to El Nido, the native Filipino snack at the El Nido airport, the refreshing boat ride to Miniloc Island, the warm welcome dance and smiles of each staff, the ROOM (Deluxe SeaView), the food at Entalula Beach Club, the amazing Big and Small lagoon, the unbelievable underwater community right in front of the resort, the pockets of white sand beaches, the very clear water, the enormous limestone cliffs,and the genuine hospitality, all this and a lot more makes Miniloc Island Resort my favorite place in the world (after home)!

Will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Avoid the farmost Deluxe Seaview Room as sometimes, the boats delivering goods to the resort blocks the view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank chanch17
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Pros:
- amazing location, this is one of a lifetime experience to sleep in the middle of the palawan
- bungalows are spotless, though small ( no tv in the room)
- inluded activities are incredible, beach lunch on white sand beach, kayak in pristine turquoise water, coconut hat making,...
- friendliest staff ever, everyone know your name, what is your schedule,... Very profesionnal.
- monkeys as neighboors
- charter flight from private hangar and landing on palawan is magic
- welcome and farewell music is memorable

Cons:
- food is average plus, a bit repetitive...
- exclusivity has a price.

Overall:
A lifetime experience at miniloc in one of the most beautiful place on earth! Pricey but Worth every cent. You will never forget it, as you will remember the incredibly friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard N
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was there for a trip with my extended family after a wedding in Manila, and once you arrive at this place you'll agree it's pretty close to perfect. If you want peace and quiet and the most stunning views, coupled with amazing service, then go there. Mealtime featured service I don't even get in 4 start restaurants back home in NYC. Definitely coming back!

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center, but you don't miss them. You workout is snorkeling or scubadiving, and who needs a pool when you have this amazing sea at your doorstep. The place is so small all rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family