Miniloc Island is a truly beautiful place and the El Nido resort lived up to the location.
We had one of the overwater cottages and it was a delight to go to sleep listening to the water lapping below and to wake up to a wonderful view across the bay.
The snorkelling in the lagoon in front of the resort is great - made even better by the daily appearance of giant trevally who are fed from the jetty and a large school of small fish (Oxeyes?) who appear to be permanently located off the end of the jetty.
We had a special celebration for two of our party and booked a private dinner for five at the Big Lagoon beach. It was really special - the staff decorated the table for the occasion, and the food and wine service was very good, even though everything had come by speedboat from the resort.
The excursions from Miniloc are great also - Big Lagoon and Small Lagoon are must-see's and lunch at the Beach Club is also great. Plus there's diving and snorkelling trips to be had.
The only thing that was slightly less than excellent was the food. It's included in the tarriff (which is good) but the buffet was a bit average in quality and selection.
The staff, on the other hand, were outstanding; friendly and very helpful.
We had a great time and would happily go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miniloc Island is a rustic and charming hideaway reminiscent of a coastal village. Miniloc Island is located in El Nido, in northwestern Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila to get to El Nido or a 6-hour travel by land from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City).Miniloc Island Resort is tucked within a beautiful cove surrounded by towering limestone cliffs and a vibrant coral reef. It is a gateway to popular activity sites in a breath-taking location known for its high biodiversity. The resort has 50 cottages and rooms built in traditional Filipino design over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by garden and limestone cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Hotel El Nido
- Hotel El Nido
- Resort El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island Palawan Island