“Best hotel away from the crowd”

El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in El Nido
Reviewed 27 April 2014

we stayed here for 3d 2n.
we had our own itinerary. the prices were too high but i felt that it was all worth it.

the resort had its own buffet in board meals. it was great. the food choices varied from 1 day to another. the service crew was great. every meal was a buffet.

the sights to see were excellent. A++++++
the resort had its own kayak available to use, so you can kayak from one island to another. the water was clear. they had their own life vests which were quite new.

towels were available for use. they do not charge for extra towels.
snorkeling materials were also available for use.
they had their own souvenir shop which i found cheap items to buy.

the sad part was when we had to leave the island.
the best resort i've stayed to so far.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ihawari01

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I, together with our daughter stayed in Miniloc Island Resort for 3D2N. I've got to say that staying in Miniloc was the best decision we've made. Everything was arranged for us, all we needed to do was hop in the boat. All requests were immediately granted. I just wish we could've stayed longer.

I love that upon our arrival, staff welcomed us with fresh buko juice, a necklace, and a song.. This is definitely a little piece of heaven. :)

Here are my thoughts with the resort:

Deluxe Seaview Room- Clean, Spacious, Cold A/C, Big Bathroom, Big Balcony, Great View of the Bacuit Bay. Although, I would prefer to stay in the Beach Room or Seaview since it's closer to where the beach ground is..

Staff- Very accommodating and friendly. It made our stay extra amazing because of it. Tour guides were also very nice, would extend and offer their services just to keep us happy. Excellent service! :)

Food- Awesome! Everything was served in buffet. All selections were delicious! One of my reasons why its best to stay in Miniloc. :)

Outdoor Activities- I love it so much that everything was readily available to use. I was able to do paddle boarding, kayaking, hobie catting, snorkeling, jack fish feeding.. There were many other activities that we weren't able to do since we were already caught up with the things we did. :)) Bottom line: You'll never get bored!

Tour- The highlight of our stay. They brought us to the Small and Big Lagoon, Dinuluan Island for lunch, Cudugnon Cave, Lagen Island Resort and Entalula Island--which was my favorite! Crystal clear water, dramatic cliffs, and an awesome view.Then we went snorkeling and kayaking around the lagoons.

I would highly recommend you stay in Miniloc Island, everything is arranged and included. Great food, place, and people. We'll definitely go back to Miniloc! It was indeed a great experience. :)

Room Tip: *Seaview Rooms have great views and is closer to the dining area, deck and beach ground *Deluxe Roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Annikev
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here during my honeymoon in Philippines. Initially was looking at other places in Palawan but this seemed too beautiful to ignore. This place is even more beautiful than in the photos, it was a dream staying here.

The location of the resort could not have been any better. The rooms have a slight rustic feel to them but we actually liked that. There are no TVs in the rooms and we loved that about this resort because there is so much more to this island.

The activities were plentiful and we did not get bored at all. The activity manager was very friendly and she planned our daily activities.

The staff at the island are the best ever. Having travelled to a lot of places around the world, I've rarely seen such a friendly staff. No request was too much, they were always smiling.

Eventhough we were vegetarians we had plenty of choices. Chef Benjo was very kind to make customised vegetarian rice/noodle dishes for us.

Room Tip: Cliff cottage has a long flight of stairs to get to it. Should consider that if you have older peopl...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank parth_1987
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed in Miniloc Island for 3 nights and 4 days in 2008. It was my first experience staying in an exclusive resort and 2 days was too short to enjoy all the amenities. I needed to get away from the stresses of work and this vacation was the answer to that because for three whole days I was incommunicado! The beach wasn't that great in Miniloc and it was a little crowded but the other islands were beautiful especially Pangulasian. which at that time was not yet developed. My wish list is to be able to go back but this time to Pangulasian Island. Over-all: food was good and staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. Please check out my blog post: http://www.iamhangingtough.com/2012/03/el-nido-resorts-palawan.html

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank merlmd
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Cottages - Always cleaned and made-up by housekeeping staff while we had our activities and island trips

Staff - Most friendly, accommodating and always go extra mile with their service. Amazing!

Buffet restaurant and Bar - You can choose whatever you want.... Clean, fresh and hot with very nice staff

Activities - Staff can give you different sorts of activities with the boat rides...

The Manager - Very accommodating and close to his staff.

I wanna come back and bring friends, family and recommend this to people ... My most relaxing and memorable paradise experience so far! All in one package. Before you come here you gotta save a lot money first... It's still a worthwhile experience for all ages!

Room Tip: Get a garden cottage and book ahead if you only have a lil saving, good to share with friends!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jcwideeyedwanderer
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived, my two friends and I, and we were stuffed into a TINY cottage. After having stayed at their sister resort in Apulit we were taken aback by the smallness of their 3-person cabin. Our luggage is on the floor and desk just to make room for us to walk through to the WC.

This resort is also overrun with children which makes it very difficult to find any peace and quiet. I imagine this to be a great option for families but is a big no no for folks traveling without children who want to relax.

Finally the massage cabana is sandwiched next to the family cabins and the dining hall. Certainly not relaxing with kids screaming off the beach towards home or for the cooks smoke breaks/service staff clanging dishes between meals. Far from relaxing.

If you find yourself traveling in the area without kids I suggest trying out Lagen Island or Apulit Island instead.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jessica N
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've been here before and it was the most unforgetable experience of my life. the service was good, the food was exquisite..! Words are not enough to discribe from arrival to departure..clap clap clap to all you..:)

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo