Our return trip to Miniloc Island at El Nido reminded me again of why we love this place so much. Yes the facilities can be "painted" or spruced up but that to me would be missing the point of the whole experience. If you are looking for more modern accommodations then Lagen and Pangalusian Islands in their group maybe more suited for you. For me and my family though the best value and venue for us is Miniloc Island. I have been reminded that the resort has been around for 30+ years and it has, save for some new structures pretty much stayed the same visually - which for us we love.
The kids loved the place the first visit and again fell more in love this time around and still with not a TV in sight anywhere in the resort! The food was still great - nothing fancy nor extravagant but done well every meal. The service and ability to do the right thing for guests is what sets this place apart - yes it is not a "sophisticated" level that you may find in a Four Seasons BUT the staff here seems to be very empowered to do what is right by the guest - and the pride you see in them for the place they work at and the brand they represent is amazing. Many 5 Star hotels in the region can learn a lot from the El Nido folks. Miniloc is not perfect it does have its drawbacks and challenges but for us its the #1 beach destination and resort in the Philippines. And we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miniloc Island is a rustic and charming hideaway reminiscent of a coastal village. Miniloc Island is located in El Nido, in northwestern Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila to get to El Nido or a 6-hour travel by land from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City).Miniloc Island Resort is tucked within a beautiful cove surrounded by towering limestone cliffs and a vibrant coral reef. It is a gateway to popular activity sites in a breath-taking location known for its high biodiversity. The resort has 50 cottages and rooms built in traditional Filipino design over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by garden and limestone cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Hotel El Nido
- Hotel El Nido
- Resort El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island Palawan Island