My boyfriend and I with two other friends stayed here for 4 nights. It was a great resort with plenty of activities. Food was surprisingly good, especially the marinated BBQ beef! SO GOOD!! I read the review before booking the resort and stayed at Deluxe Sea View which is the most expensive room type. I like the room but next time I'd probably try Water Cottage which looks very nice from the outside (that photo on the homepage of the Miniloc Resort webpage is actually water cottage NOT deluxe seaview)
Going into the city would be a pain and I am not under the impression that the resort offer free transportation for that so we didn't bother. However, in addition to Miniloc, you can take the resort's shuttle boat to Lagen (around 40mins boat ride and there's a fresh water pool) or two other beach clubs. We only went to the nearest beach club and had lunch there - it was only around 20 mins boat ride form Miniloc and has beautiful white sand beach. Lunch there was lovely although not too different from what they serve at the resort.
Lots of activites to do around the resort - highly recommend snorkling and kayaking around the resort. Feeding jackfish and swimming with them is also lots of fun! Two of us did discovery dive which was a great experience and lots of of; the other two went through the whole open water PADI program in 3 days to become certified - friends have lots of fun and said it's not hardcore at all.
A very family friendly resort. The only downside is everything is basically closed at the resort at around 10pm (and when I say everything I meant the (only) little bar by the beach)..so if you are a group of young people - best bring some additional night time entertainment. We regretted not having brought pokers with us! Also we were a little shock that despite being on a sizable island, the resort itself is actually quite small so you can't really hike up the hill or walk around outside of the resort.
Be careful if you are taking ITI flight - I strongly suggest not to take the last flight of the day (3pm) to El Nido and the 2nd flight of the day from El Nido (1pm) during low seasons - they're often cancelled and with not much warning! That was the only thing that we could complain about the trip but once we discovered that the resort/ ITI immediately took great care in fixing the situation so we really don't have much complain over this. Last the not the least - we love the staff at this resort! Everyone seems genuinely happy and very attentive to every guest. I never said this but I actually think people at this resort was also part of the highlight of our trip! Definitely plan to come back at some point!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miniloc Island is a rustic and charming hideaway reminiscent of a coastal village. Miniloc Island is located in El Nido, in northwestern Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila to get to El Nido or a 6-hour travel by land from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City).Miniloc Island Resort is tucked within a beautiful cove surrounded by towering limestone cliffs and a vibrant coral reef. It is a gateway to popular activity sites in a breath-taking location known for its high biodiversity. The resort has 50 cottages and rooms built in traditional Filipino design over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by garden and limestone cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Hotel El Nido
- Hotel El Nido
- Resort El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island Palawan Island