My husband and I came back after a 4-day stay in Lagen Island Resort on June 1-4, 2012. It was a wonderful and fabulous experience although the weather was cloudy and at times rainy. We were still able to enjoy the activities we planned. The good thing is, the lodging price includes activities in the area including snorkeling, island picnic lunch, nature trail hiking, kayaking, and boat trips to see the other islands. There is an Activities Coordinator who helped us schedule the activities we wanted for our entire stay.
RESERVATION PROCESS - Pretty good. I communicated mostly via email and they are quick to respond. Each time in less than 24 hours including the price quote. I was able to pay online which is quite efficient.
SERVICE - Excellent. The staff in the resort are very helpful and courteous, and always available. Our snorkeling guide, who deserves special mention, swam with us the whole time.
BEACH AND NATURAL SURROUNDINGS- Excellent. Spectacular even. Water is calm and somewhat warm that lends to a great swimming, kayaking and snorkeling experience. This is an eco-friendly resort and they mean to preserve the local wildlife. I was able to take pictures of the animals in the area including birds and fish. The limestone cliffs are amazing. Experiencing the Big and Small Lagoons are a must.
ACCOMMODATION- Excellent. We stayed at a water cottage. Our room was clean, the bathroom was of a convenient size. The bathroom fixtures are in great shape and seem relatively new. There were colorful fish under our cottage that I had immense fun feeding. The views were beautiful.
FOOD-Pretty good. We availed of the meal package. The meals at Lagen, Miniloc and Entalula and some other places were "interchangeable" with no extra fee. So we lunched once at Entalula Beach Club, once at Miniloc. One picnic lunch was included with our stay. Not a multi-national buffet reaching gastronomic heights each time, though it seems the chef tried to include some Asian, American and Italian cuisine in separate occasions. It's not a "Wow!" but I liked the food enough.
ACTIVITIES- Excellent. We chose to do kayaking, snorkeling, and boat trips to different islands and a cave. Visiting the sandbar at Snake Island (Vigan Island) is a must. There is a swimming pool in Lagen although I didn't find the time to go there. Too many other things to do in El Nido! My husband was looking for a gym though and there wasn't any in the resort.
NOISE LEVEL-Low. If you are looking for some quiet time with family and/or friends with a lot of different activities this is quite a great place.
RECOMMENDATION-I would highly recommend this to a friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagen Island is a haven of tranquility nestled between a lush forest and a calm shallow lagoon. Its calssic and modern design exudes an air of subdued elegance. Cottages, rooms and suites are well appointed over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by verdant forest. Lagen Island is part of the El Nido Resorts group and is located in El Nido, northwestern part of Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila or a 6 hour land trip from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your El Nido Resorts Lagen Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Hotel El Nido
- Lagen Island Hotel
- Lagen Island El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Palawan Island