It was a tough choice, but after talking to friends and researching online, we decided to stay at El Nido Resort's Lagen Island. It was a good decision. Lagen Island and the surrounding islands is one of the most beautiful places I have visited. (And I have been to Santorini, Crete, Phuket, Bali and all the Hawaiian Island). We stayed in Water Cottage 110, which had the best view of the Sunset. We only had a few days. I wish we had at least one more full day, because the trip to El Nido takes the whole day. (But the ferry ride is beautiful, especially during Sunset! It's part of the adventure). There is a cruise ship feeling at times, especially when the activities director keeps asking what you plan to do the next day -- but when you are in paradise this seems less annoying. Our first full day we choose to hike over to the cove on the other side. (I felt like I was shooting an episode of "Lost"). It's a good hike (don't forget your mosquito spray!) up and down the mountain, but worth it. The cove is breathtaking. The resort staff delivered our snorkel gear, along with towels and a kayak to get back. The next day we visited the Little and Big Lagoon. We took a boat out and kayaked inside the Little Lagoon. If you don't want to do any activities, the pool is a great place to hang out. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. While, we love the trip, there is always room for improvement. The food was ok. It could have been better and maybe more Asian food. Beef Wellington? I'm in the Philippines. I would have preferred roast pig or some amazing Filipino fish dish. Also, the coffee could be better. Also, there was a narrow window for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think they should add a "afternoon" snack and a late night snack. (On the other hand it did keep us from overeating!) The resort also contracts out the transfer to ITI airlines. For the price one pays for the airplane and transfer, ITI could arrange a shuttle to and from Manila International to the ITI airport. (Our cab driver had no idea where it was located. Thank goodness for Google Maps). But overall, amazing vacation. We can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagen Island is a haven of tranquility nestled between a lush forest and a calm shallow lagoon. Its calssic and modern design exudes an air of subdued elegance. Cottages, rooms and suites are well appointed over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by verdant forest. Lagen Island is part of the El Nido Resorts group and is located in El Nido, northwestern part of Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila or a 6 hour land trip from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your El Nido Resorts Lagen Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Hotel El Nido
- Lagen Island Hotel
- Lagen Island El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Palawan Island