“Worth the squeeze” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Overcomer Lodge

Overcomer Lodge
“Worth the squeeze”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Managed to squeeze-in a leisure travel after 3 back-to-back work travels. I hitched with my officemates who are going to be there for work. Booked roundtrip direct flights with ITI which is a gem, avoiding the 5-6 hours land travel via Puerto Princesa.

Everything just fell into place. This lodge offered just what I needed. It is at the outskirts and not at the town proper but close to it. You can move around via tricycle or rent a motorbike. The room is clean and with own bathroom. Though only a few rooms has TV; mine has none but it actually helped for me to enjoy the trip. Electricity is from 2pm to 6am throughout the island, and the lodge has its own generator. It is also walking distance from Corong-Corong beach wherein you can see the sunset perfectly without anything blocking the view. Breakfast is served at the rooftop, which is a nice place to see the karst. There are some house roofs blocking the seaview but you can also see it from the rooftop. I don't know if they really turn on the generator at around 10am regularly but they were generous enough to extend 5 mins more as I needed to send something for work.

The tour was smooth; the crew were friendly, courteous and easy to speak with. The food they prepared were sumptuous. I really enjoyed snorkeling on every island we visited. Though I brought my own mask and snorkel set, maybe they also do rentals but I'm not sure how much it would cost. There are also many dive shops nearby and also in town. One must-try is the blueberry muffins at Midtown Bakery located at the town proper. Try also eating at this new place, Sizzling Republic. The seafood lomi is superb.

Overall, my El Nido trip was a blast and I'm so glad I did. I'm actually planning another trip and try other islands, hopefully before this year ends. I'm definitely going to stay here again when I get back.

Room Tip: Request for a room with TV if that's your preference. They don't provide complimentary water...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank summerslumbers

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed in this new lodge with 3 of my friends. We arrived late (at 1AM) and still the receptionist had waited for us. The airconditioned room was already cold when we got in, which is a plus. The room is spacious, as well as its own bathroom.

Breakfast is served at the roof deck. Free coffee all day. WIFI connection is above average. The staff are all friendly and helpful. We got more than what we paid for.

We also availed the island hopping service, and it was great! The boatman and tour guides are both funny, courteous, and knowledgeable.

*** website with photos: http://www.northernhopetours.com/accommodations/el-nido/overcomer-lodge/

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank riandrew
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at Overcomer Lodge for 2 nights. We actually arrived at 1AM but the staff still accommodated us and immediately brought us to the room that has been waiting for us. The room is spacious, as well as the bathroom. No hot water though. Breakfast is served at the roof top. WIFI connection is good. The location is along the road, but it has an easy access to the Corong Corong beach.

For an affordable price, we got a spacious, clean, and secured accommodation in El Nido.

They also offer island hopping tours, van rentals, and inland tour to Nacpan beach. The boatman, guides, and drivers are all very courteous and friendly. I highly recommend getting their service. =)

WEBSITE: http://www.northernhopetours.com/

Room Tip: get a room on the first floor. WIFI connection is better.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank riandrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Nido
Jurias Pension
Jurias Pension
#142 of 342 in Palawan Island
J-Lais Balai Turista (Pensionne House)
J-Lais Balai Turista (Pensionne ...
#125 of 182 in Puerto Princesa
#201 of 342 in Palawan Island
Pa-Lao-Yu Dive Resort El Nido
Pa-Lao-Yu Dive Resort El Nido
#100 of 342 in Palawan Island

Been to Overcomer Lodge? Share your experiences!