MaryGold Beachfront Inn
US$648
US$540
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmarina gardenpolice stationisland hoppingdeluxe roomtour boatshot waterroom cleaninghalo halosouvenir shopsfree breakfastsecurity guardwifi worksbars and restaurantsfilipino breakfastdecent place to stayel nido townpleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had rooms 8 and 9 for 3 nights. Location is ok on the beach which, however, serves mainly for walking and boarding the tour boats. Rooms are small and urgently need complete refurbishment. The curtains are so thin and the porch illumination so bright that I had to sleep with an eye mask. Bathroom extremely small with low water pressure. Although, fortunately, we did not encounter bed bugs, the ant invasion was an issue. Cleaning and sheet/towel changing upon request was ok. Included breakfast was served on the porch and very basic but we appreciated the brewed coffee in a plunger. Staff friendly. All in all a basic but acceptable place which, however - as all El Nido - we felt a bit overpriced...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Patsada_11
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed in the two rooms in the main photograph. They had a wonderful view of the beach from the porch. The rooms were comfortable and the bathrooms were a little tight. Hot water is from a machine that was attached to the shower and at times the water barely trickled out. The AC works but was a little noisy. Be prepared to get your morning shower before 6:00 AM because there is no electricity in El Nido from 6 AM to 2 PM. Bring a little flash light just in case.

We had breakfast every morning which was quite nice. We had our choice of all the breakfast items on the menu so we would order the night before. The pancakes were quite nice, almost like a sweet bread.

The location is right in the middle of all the action. The tour boats would leave from the beach by the hotel. Upon our arrival there was some sort of holiday so all the kids in El Nido were playing in the water in front of the hotel. You could imagine the noise! It carried on till into the evening. Also there was a sketchy looking local using the hotel's hammock to rock his baby a sleep. The problem was security was very relaxed.

Like Natalie B, we had a mystery bug attack us in our sleep. I would guess a BED BUG since the bites were like the Big Dipper across my shoulder, and Orion's Belt across my ankle. We also had a special guess visit by Mr. Roach, who disappeared under the headboard for the evening. It's the tropics so you have to put up with the bugs.

If you need a good tour boat check out Caera fleet. Jeff seemed like a nice guy. They have two very nice boats and they are the dominant spaces on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank FishingTourist
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Situated in the middle of El Nido beach, the location couldn't be any better. Rooms were very colourful but basic (no safe, fridge, tv and wifi was very poor) – however most of the accommodation along the beach front is to a similar standard so don't get too hung up on that. There was a small bar / shack where you could get breakfast or drinks – we didn't eat here and never saw the bar open in the evenings. Staff were friendly with basic English.

There are bars and restaurants within a few metres of Marina Garden, so there is no shortage for dinner, drinks, shops, convenience store, tour bookings and diving options. The beach & sea aren't amazing, but everyone flocks to El Nido to go island hopping anyway. There is however a sectioned off swimming area right out the front of Marina Gardens should you want to have a swim away from the 100 boats bobbing around.

I would recommend a visit to The Art Cafe, which seems to be the hub of El Nido. They have a tour desk, travel desk, shop, bar and restaurant. We booked three tours here, our transfers to Roxas and also ate here – great place to work out your plans or just hang! Keep an eye out for the Bakery as well – incredible freshly baked goods each morning. Nom nom. Island hopping is a MUST DO. We did tour A with kayaks and tour C – both incredible.

My only let down would be to say I suffered quite badly from bed bugs. The markings I have were in a line so were definitely not mosquito bites. Rooms could do with an upgrade as the air con was quite rusty and noisey, windows were fogged so no natural light, and a safe would have been appreciated as the accommodation could be entered by anyone from either the beach or street entrance. Overall you get what you pay for, so if i had left without the bed bugs i'd have been happy to recommend MG.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms 6 & 7 face directly onto the beach
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I booked at Marina Garden few months before our date of arrival. I chose this resort because of the following reasons: 1. It got good reviews, 2. reasonable price in the beachfront, 3. it has a website that is pleasing. 4. 3,700 per night for 10 pax! Cheap right?

Anyway, as I have been trying to call their contact numbers posted in their site. Only their globe line was functioning. Goodness, it took them forever to answer. Anyhoo, I managed to talked with Mel, he is very accommodating. He said he will give me discount but they did not or maybe I was not able to meet him in person. -___-

I was a bit disappointed because they did not allow us to have early check in since we will have early check out on our last day. psst. or even gave us a room to settle our things as consideration. Imagine, we have been to a 6 hour road trip from puerto and they did not accommodate our little request. :( Also, they did not allow us to cook at their kitchen or helped us to look for one. El Nido is really expensive you know.

Good thing, they ensured our things were safe and put it in the villas as we went for island hopping.

In terms of their common bathroom is so dirty and has a pungent smell. eek! They should clean it for those guest who came early before check in time or those who are already checked out. Do something with this. Your common bathroom should be clean!

We booked all native villas because we want to experience "buhay isla or buhay probinsya" Their Family villas have a shared bathroom. My friends said that it was clean but the flow of the water is so weak. Well, it didn't bother me as long as there is SHOWER!

I stayed in Jessica and I loved it. It has private veranda and has a view of the beach and the picturesque limestone mountain of El Nido. Yey! Also the bathroom is clean and it has shower. The room is cool and airy as the house is made of wood and light materials though they should change the electric fan because it is old and dusty. eek! haha. I highly recommend that you stay in their Native Villas rather than their Concrete room. Electricity is not consistent and it is perfect for gadget detox. :) Enjoy the sun, beach, breeze and the company of your friends.

I must commend them for their hammocks which is made of rattan! how often can you see hammocks like that. I really enjoyed it! Never take it down please! :)

Also, the crew in the bar are very friendly and they gave us free hot water and let us put things on their fridge. Ooohh, their food is really pricey as they only serve breakfast and beer. haha.

Last thing I love about this place is that it is far from the crowd and bars. You can really relaxed and have a peaceful vacation. The electricity is really off between 6:00 - 2:00 so better enjoy their island tours!

Ohh, you should settle your bill in the night before your departure if you are leaving early. The girl in the front desk billed us for 3 nights when supposedly we only stayed there for 2 nights. tsk. tsk. I was shocked that they entrusted the bill to the guard on duty because we were leaving on wee hours. It was written on a 1/4 sheet of paper.

Room Tip: Jessica Room is perfect and quieter compared with other rooms that are air conditioned. It is a bit far to Ogie's Pension house and another bar which has a loud music at night. Also the veranda has a perfect view of the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AbiBermudaFernandez
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our trip to Marina Gardens was our first to El Nido. Clean and bright rooms right in the middle of the beach strip. Ask for one of the end rooms for an awesome view. Only criticism was the room next to me had a VERY extended family staying in it, so very loud, lots of very strong cooking smells (even though no cooking facilities in rooms), people camped outside my door which made me very uncomfortable, There needs to be a limit on how many people are allowed per room booking.

Room Tip: End rooms that have the view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family