There were 8 of us adults and 2 babies who shared 2 suites with 3 beds. The hotel calls these suites villas. We initially checked in with one of the villas that have only 2 beds and a corrugated roof view facing a mango tree. Management heeded our discontent and moved us instantly to a 3 bed villa overlooking their pools and beautiful garden. Indeed the landscape is so beautiful, my family and I were just posing for picture, capturing every beautiful corner of Royal Oberoi. Not only is the garden beautiful but so are all the staff. Ping Quatro , manager, catered to all our needs with the best customer service I've ever encountered. He always starts our day with a big smile. And made sure we experienced Puerto Princessa. Anyone can tell how proud he is of this place. These are some of the "above and beyond" gestures he and the hotel staff did for us:
1. He arranged for their kitchen to prepare our breakfast early for an early tour. The kitchen crew catered our breakfast 30 minutes earlier than their scheduled time.
2. He made reservations for us at Ka'Lui, one of the best seafood restaurants in town. Making reservations for a large group of people requires a deposit, and Ping kindly drove to town to give the deposit for us. That was a place to experience as well.
3. He arranged for a body massage session for us adults. It took 3 hours taking turns, but boy did I relax to the fullest. After a tiresome tour, I woke from the massage from my own snore.
4. On our 4th day, we were looking for more fun to tour. Ping arranged our Irawan tour with a very short notice.
This hotel truly treats you like royalty, the name so deserves it. The ambience and the staff are beautiful. My family and I will forever cherish our Palawan trip. Beautiful memories are carved in our brains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 20 minutes drive from the hustle and bustle of Puerto Princesa city centre and airport, the Royal Oberoi Resort Hotel nestles in its beautiful landscaped gardens. Accommodations comprise 5 elegant Suite Villas with canopy style bed. 5 Superior Deluxe rooms and 5 Standard Deluxe rooms. All are equipped with hot and cold showers, cable TV, air conditioning, mini bar, intercom and free WiFi. The resort has the largest swimming pool in Puerto Princesa and the Grand Palm Pavilion Restaurant serves some of the finest food in Palawan. The Resort has a Spa and a fully equipped dive center. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Royal Oberoi Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Oberoi Puerto Princesa
- Puerto Princesa Oberoi
- Royal Oberoi Resort Hotel Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa