We stayed three nights at Hibiscus Garden, and found it to be a pleasant refuge from otherwise unremarkable Puerto Princesa. The town is a jumping off point for other places on Palawan, and has few sights of its own, so hotel location is not critical.
Hibiscus Garden is a bit out of town, but near the airport, which probably matters more, and offers free airport pick up and delivery, a good benefit. The center is a 20-peso tricycle ride away; the intercity bus terminal should set you back 100.
Hotel buildings and vehicles are clean and well maintained, and the grounds are well-tended. There is an open air restaurant, but breakfast is not included. The rooms are arrayed around an informal garden. Each has its own table and chairs as well as a hammock just outside.
The rooms are spacious, but the lighting could be better. The beds are comfortable, the AC strong and the bathroom functional. Service is attentive and helpful. Rooms are made up every day. Prices are a tad high for what you get, but not outlandish.
As in most Asian lodgings, WiFi is weak and only really works in the hotel lobby.
If you have to lay over in Puerto Princesa, you are unlikely to find a better place to do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Garden Inn is just a newly-opened establishment catering to local and foreign tourists who are looking for a modern but affordable place to stay in the city of Puerto Princesa. Conveniently located just 3 minutes away from the airport and accessible to any commercial and government establishments in the city. With 14 spacious Mediterranean inspired rooms, set in a quiet and relaxing ambiance of colorful flowers and native arts. All the rooms were built with the thought of giving "comfort" to its occupants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Hibiscus Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hibiscus Garden
- Hibiscus Garden Puerto Princesa
- Hibiscus Garden Inn Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa