“Very relaxing place”

Marina De Bay
Cavite
“Very relaxing place”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Friendly and courteous staff, big and clean rooms, wonderful view . I love the free transfer to/from the city and the airport The food is just right. The meat of the port sinigang needed a little more cooking. But overall , our accomocadation at MDB made our Palawan trip a very memorable one.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the boat accomodations specially the upper level (Captain, Admiral and Commodore...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ImeeTolentino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the MDB from 12-14Jan2012 and I must say that our stay was "Just Awesome". From airport pick-up with an introductory tour from Mr Jess to the Staff and Crew (especially Ruben and Merilyn), to our chartered tricycle operator, Mr Empoy. The stay was suited to our needs. Crew always goes the extra mile to ensure full satisfaction. Although the facilities were as can be expected of an older place, the Staff and Crew compensated with the ever-important "human" touch. There are on-going improvements to the facilities. My wife and I decided to book our accommodations in MDB on our next Palawan travel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: request to be booked at either the "Admiral" or "Commodore" rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nelson-Moses J
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 18 December 2011

we stayed here a few weeks ago and i must say it really is a beautiful place.. crew are kind and courteous. if you love bar hopping this is not the place for you. its far from the busy and noisy streets of the city..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank r_santos24
Bulacan
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We traveled to Puerto Princesa last Sept 17, 2011 and stayed there for four days.

The trip from airport to hotel took around 20 minutes and we were given a short orientation of the places along the way by the Hotel driver (Mang Jess). When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by a cheerful smiles from the hotel staffs and served with welcome drinks.

Our room (Junior Suite Villa) is spacious and clean. Hot and cold shower are available. A small TV set is functioning with only 2 Channels only. WIFI is available but connection is quite slow. But what we enjoyed most are the breathtaking view at the poolside!

The food served by the "Celestial Restaurant" of the Hotel is quite pricey but the taste is delicious and the service is great! Thanks to Kuya Bong..

The hotel also offers tour packages... Over all we enjoyed our stay and would come back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank engrllagas
Cebu, Philippines
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed here for 5 days earlier this year and I definitely will have to visit again next time I visit the Philippines. Although hotel is located 20 mins NW from the city proper, their view overlooking the blue bay is worth the extra travel. The ambiance is very homely with sounds of seashells hung on door adding to the experience. Food is just yummy. Unpretentious, simple menu. International dishes along with Filipino food available. I highly recommend their chef's choices especially the chicken ratatouille. You have to make a plan to dine in for a night.

Lastly, this is unconfirmed but the hotel might have a different charge per room based on how you booked your reservation. I recommend calling them directly and making a direct reservation for the best price. Enjoy!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank ji3000
Legazpi City
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Me and my friends went on a weekend vacation last June2010.. And we chose this hotel because of its great reviews in tripadvisory.com.. so here are the things i liked most about the hotel:

1. Very nice and super accommodating staff. Especially the chef who even talked to us about the food, fun waiters who made us laugh and the hotel drivers who even showed us around the city.
2. The tour was great!! =) I was very happy and contented..
3. The hotel picked us up on time in the airport and in the city..
4. The accommodation was great! The brick rooms had a great feel of serenity.
5. GREAT FOOD!! =)

I really felt the warmth and hospitality in Marina de Bay! I swear I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank pattyamano
Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Reading the past reviews of this resort helped me a lot in actually ending up in choosing this resort to stay in. So, I'm making my own to help somebody else out there planning a vacation to Puerto Princessa. (:

I'm very particular about the luxurious qualities of a hotel or any accommodation I stay in, fro Marina de Bay, I have to say my expectation weren't met. But like like I said, it's only due to my personal taste.

We stayed in an executive villa and we we're a family of 5 but it can room up to 7 people (if you don't mind being crowded in a room). The space was big enough for 5 people because there's a 2nd level loft which housed 3 single beds. I like this particular part of our room because it atleast still gave you some sort of privacy. The one thing that I probably did like much about our room is that they did not provide comforters for your bed. Although we did not try requesting for one.

The things I liked best about Marina de Bay is the breathtaking view you get to see as the whole resort is over-looking the lake surrounded by Mangroves. Second would have to be their food. I can honestly say that in my culinary adventure on out trip to Palawan, it's the food at our resort that stood out to me the most. The last thing I enjoyed the most is the resort's new addition to its amenities which is their pools which me and my siblings got to be the 1st ones that ever used them. I like their pool area so much not just because we got 1st dibs on them but because of the style of their main pool which is an infinity pool that overlooks to the lake. If I could, I would've stayed there a whole day just soaking in the water and taking in the beautiful view.

Lastly, I have to warn you though that if ever you let the resort pick you up from a certain place in town, you're in for a long wait. 'Cause we experienced having to wait for almost more than an hour when we called them to pick us up from a restaurant. And turns out, one of my companions previously read a similar review on this resort on how they had to wait for an hour before they get fetched.

Room Tip: Book the Tour Packages with the accommodation
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family