Mediocre experience staying here but good value and good base to explore Underground River and Honda Bay tours.
We stayed in the Queen room which was a good size and they put my parents in the next room which was good.The rooms were not sparkling however and I did not want to hang my clothes in the wardrobe as it had a very distinct musty smell.
We had a lovely little terrace in the back of the room which was nice to sit and have a drink.
The pier needs work and the 'restaurant' at the end is nothing more than a run down hut. We did not eat at the hotel either except mangoes at breakfast.
My partner and I had massages each which was really good value for money.
The pool is not one you can really swim in but more of a child's pool.
Stay here if you want to explore near by, we used their free shuttle service into Puerto Princesa every night to eat which was so fun.
Overall it was quite good value for money but the hotel needs some improvements and I am not sure why they are extending it when they could utilise that funding on the existing facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina de Bay is a private getaway resort situated just twenty minutes away from the airport. On that way from the airport, you will already see a breath-taking view of the Puerto Princesa bay and the mountain ranges. It is also at Marina de Bay where the private yachts and boats can be viewed docked at front. During the night, the ambiance becomes even more spectacular with the vast view of the stars in the sky and with the dainty lights of the city screaming in from across the waters. Marina de Bay is not like any usual hotel building simply built in the city, it encapsulates the natural wonders of Puerto Princesa - a hidden paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and Ebookers so you can book your Marina De Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina De Bay Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Marina De Bay Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa