“Very accomodating Staff”

Marina De Bay
Dasmarinas City, Philippines
“Very accomodating Staff”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed from Dec 26-30.although we booked only a day before,we were surprised that there was a shuttle to pick us up at the airport even though we did not make prior arrangements. There was a welcome drink for all the guest who arrived at the resort.

Here are our + points for the resort:
1. All Staff are very accomodating.they entertain all our concerns and queries
2. The ambiance is excellent.
3. Rooms are big enough for the family
4.foods have variety and our budget friendly

Things need to improve to:
1. Improve room hygiene.some parts of the room have termites already which may cause detoriaration of the facilities
2. Check lightings as there are busted bulbs already
3. The kiddie pool needs to be cleaned.our kids was not able to use the pool
4. Consider having additional activities on the resort so as to make guest have a more enjoyable stay at the resort
5, make cable tv availble on each rooms
6. Provide hi speed wifi network

Also, we know that this is beyond your control but it wil be very helpful if the road going to your hotel will either be cemented or asphalted. This will definitely play a role in whether guest will decide to return at your resort. We dont mind not staying at the city proper but it will be very helpful if the ride is comfortable and not a bumpy one.

Overall,i can say that it was a very memorable and enjoyable stay in Marina de Bay. All the staff are so warm and treated us with utmost pampering.

Regards and God bless!!!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank denzel1028

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Room:
We stayed for 4 nights in one of the Executive Suite Villas which faced the mangroves and the bay (Alpha or Delta, not sure which room exactly). The room was very large (definitely earned the title of "suite" for me), although it was only a single room plus the bathroom. Large, wrap-around windows covered two entire walls and let in a great amount of sunshine and offered fairly nice but not spectacular views of the water. The room and linens were clean, the bed was comfy, the water was hot and the air conditioner worked well.

Tours:
We booked a number of tours through the hotel in advance of our arrival. The rates were the same as I had found elsewhere, so for no additional cost it was nice to have the convenience of the hotel making the necessary bookings for us. This was especially true for the underground river tour, which has a limited number of spaces each day for environmental preservation reasons. We also did a scuba tour, the City Tour, the Firefly Tour and maybe one other that I can't think of. All were fun and definitely worth the time and money (although diving is so much better in El Nido, just like the hotel staff had told me before we booked). The staff reminded us about our tour schedules ahead of time so we knew when to wake up and have breakfast, etc.

The Food:
Breakfast was included in our hotel stay, so I'm not sure how much it normally is, but it was really good. They have a list of maybe 6-8 traditional Filipino breakfasts and so we just each chose a new one each morning. Some better than others, but in my opinion all worth trying. The garlic rice is fantastic even just by itself. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant just once or twice. The food was also good, but in my opinion just a little overpriced compared to what you could get outside of the hotel (although at just USD 12-15/person, it's still not expensive). Plus in general I think it's more fun to eat outside of your hotel (although eatting outside may not be an option if you're already back at the hotel for the evening since the hotel is quite far from the city center).

Location:
The location was good and bad for different reasons. The hotel is quite far (maybe 20-25 minute tricycle ride) from the downtown area, with maybe 5-10 minutes of that nearest to the hotel going along a very bumpy dirt road. Being away from the city lights and sounds made staying there much more exotic and peaceful for me. I felt very far away from the bustle of the city, and to me that was relaxing. I wasn't going into the city 4-5 times per day. We left the hotel for our tours in the morning and generally stayed out until we were done for the day, so a longer commute wasn't a big deal for us. Plus, I've read a few reviews complaining about the cost of a tricycle from the city to the hotel. We never paid more than PHP 250 as far as I can remember. That's around USD 5-6. Not bad at all. To get such a large room, as clean and as relaxing as this hotel but smack in the city center would have cost a lot more than that taxi ride. We occassionally had some problems with the tricycle drivers not knowing where the hotel was, but after they asked one or two other drivers for directions we were off with no problem. I would guess that's a problem with all hotels except for the huge ones (Hilton, etc.).

Service:
1) When I booked our room, I booked the room plus several tours. Then a few days later I was looking through their website again and noticed that the room and several of the tours I had booked were included in a package deal that was a good bit cheaper than what I had paid. I sent an e-mail to the hotel explaining what had happened and asking if I could get the package rate. No problem at all, they told me. Since I had only paid something like 50% as a deposit, they changed the total price, credited me for the deposit I had already made and then I was all set for an even cheaper vacation than I had been expecting.

2) The Philippines is overflowing with delicious fruits. We bought a bag of mangos, pineapple, mangosteins and some other things and brought them back to the hotel for a snack later. We called roomservice and asked if we could have a knife to cut the fruit and instead they took our fruit and came back with a gorgeous fruit basket. Everything chopped up and beautifully displayed. Really, really great service without even asking for it. They set it up for us at one table in their restaurant which sits apart from the rest, overlooking the bay. It was a beautiful and romatic setting. Perfect end to the day.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Executive Suite Villa facing the mangroves and bay (Alpha or Delta), which was nice...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michael A
Kananga, Philippines
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Everything was great, except the distance from the the city and activities. The staff and all entities involved with the operation were top notch. Very helpful and went out of their way to assist you in your needs. I have read some bad opinions of the "T" house out on the pier. The opinions are not that true. We had a nice light dinner there and enjoyed the peacefulness of it all. There were some people doing some karioke and we even joined in. I say peacefulness because there were no other noises (motor, people yelling, clanging, etc), just the singing and then the sound of the water underneath when there wasn't any singing. My ONLY disappointment was the distance to/from the city. It wouldn't be so bad, if they provided a more than one time shuttle service, which was from 6:30 to 8:30. For someone who wanted to experience the night life, it would have been too expensive to stay past the pick up hour, and, 8:30 is just a bit too early to return from enjoying it. That item aside, this place is a fantastic getaway from it all, if you just wanted to relax and chill out. They did provide touring services connections and provided it very efficiently and professionally. But, if you just wanted to go into town to experience the city (daytime or nighttime) it was difficult or basically under that aforementioned time period. I would stay there again, for sure, but, I would have my own transportation for me and my partner. It was worth the stay as a whole.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MWC1949
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I traveled to Puerto Princesa to celebrate my 26th birthday with my family. I didnt know what to expect since it was my first time to travel there. From the time I called them up to book my trip I already felt that the staff were really nice and willing to help and answer all my questions. When we arrived there they helped us plan our DIY City Tour.

One thing I love about the place is the very nice villa. It was very relaxing and the beds are really big and comfortable. They also have a very nice place at the restaurant where you can eat breakfast and see the sunrise. Simply beautiful! :-)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rei B
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Come here for a relaxing, convenient and reasonable vacation. I enjoyed the large swimming pool, excellent food and much more. This resort is not large but is very friendly and includes a full bar, spa, and views across the bay to the main port.
This is the perfect place to escape the city crowds and fine a quiet, peaceful resort. Get a great massage while you're there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike J
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I'm based in New York, NY and for years, an avid traveler domestically and internationally but his is the 1st time I write something about a place. Marina de Bay in Palawan is spectacular and extra ordinary place, not just a normal resort hotel. The staff are very nice, courteous especially the Asst, Manager Mr. Bhong who is very attentive and accommodating to the guests needs. Perhaps he is part owner of the place as I see him early morning and late night. He is involved on everything, chief waiter, tour guide and customer relations. I plan to go back there again on my vacation next year and will stay there a bit longer than 3 days/2 nights. I have no reservation in recommending the place to people I know of.

royabut@yahoo.com

Room Tip: Try the executive suites. Best view of the bay.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Royabut
calgary
Reviewed 27 February 2013

There's just so much to say about this place! The resort had an AMAZING VIEW! The place was so PEACEFUL and QUIET. You wouldn't hear people screaming or vehicles passing by or honking there horns. I was there for 4 days and i feel like i have gotten attached to this place. The people there are AMAZINGLY FRIENDLY! the girls at the front desk are so helpful, even weeks before i got to the hotel, i would email them with questions and they would email me back right away. They will plan everything for you such as your tours, and transportation to and from El nido as well as the airport. They CARE TONS about you and your safety. They have a free shuttle bus everyday from 6-830 that goes to town and back to the hotel. One of the nights everybody on the bus were planning to go to the baywalk so the driver and guide had brought us there instead. I was able to get to know the people who worked there and i enjoyed spending time with them. I LOVED THE FOOD! thinking about it makes me crave it. I had green mango with salted shrimp i dont know how many times! the noodles were yummy and the breakfast..oh gosh! I miss ordering my egg with bacon and bread. It comes with this yummy marmalade i couldn't get enough of. After that, all the other hotels i went to didnt compare and were so disappointing lol. . There was also no such thing as a bad view in the restaurant. While talking to one of the servers, we told him i was looking for Mangosteins. He offered to go buy it for us instead after his shift ended at 10pm and gave it to us next morning. We ended up having a few massages as well and again.... AMAZING! you pay for a FULL body massage, not by the hour. Our massages always ended up being an hour n a half. The day after i left i had already missed this place and cant wait to come back again. Its a place i recommend and is worth telling about.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple