Marina de bay resort in puerto princesa, palawan met my expectations. They're about 20 mins away from the airport and they offer transfers in comfortable vans. They are quite flexible in terms of check-in/check-out time which becomes cruicial when you have tours before your return flight. In our case, they let us extend the check-out time from the usual 12nn to 3:30pm for our 5:30pm flight back to manila. They also arrange tours with other agencies, but if you are budget-conscious, i'd recommend you to compare prices. They arranged our firefly tour (P1,200/pax with set dinner, transfers), underground river tour (P1,500 with buffet lunch, transfers) and honda bay island hopping tour (P1,200 with buffet lunch and transfers + optional P150 for snorkel and P150 for aqua shoes. Note: tour guides would normally say you may need aqua shoes because it's sea urchin season. That may not necessarily be true.) marina de bay's accommodations seems fair for the price (we got the voucher from ensogo at P1,700/pax for 3D/2N). They offer old brick villas with 1 queen sized bed, 1 single bed, and a pull-out mattress, hot/cold shower, bidet ( i love resorts with bidet), and a small veranda overlooking mangroves). They have a nice floating resto. I recommend grilled squid and mussle soup). Their pools face the bay (1 big pool, 1 small pool, 1 jacuzzi. They charge extra if you want bubbles on the jacuzzi. ????) the pools are toddler-friendly too! Breakfast is inclusive of the fee but depending on number of guests, they either serve set meals or buffet. If you want to go to the city, you can rent the van for 1-way trip for P320, or P2,000 for 4 hours. But they have free drop-off and pick-up to and from the city at shakey's. The staff are accommodating and friendly but are too laid back. They sometimes forget your order.. Hehe. Overall, the experience was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina de Bay is a private getaway resort situated just twenty minutes away from the airport. On that way from the airport, you will already see a breath-taking view of the Puerto Princesa bay and the mountain ranges. It is also at Marina de Bay where the private yachts and boats can be viewed docked at front. During the night, the ambiance becomes even more spectacular with the vast view of the stars in the sky and with the dainty lights of the city screaming in from across the waters. Marina de Bay is not like any usual hotel building simply built in the city, it encapsulates the natural wonders of Puerto Princesa - a hidden paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Evoline ltd and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Marina De Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina De Bay Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Marina De Bay Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa