Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Blue Palawan(Puerto Princesa)
  • Pool
Aziza Paradise Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
View Hotel
Go Hotels Puerto Princesa(Puerto Princesa)
View Hotel
Royal Oberoi Resort Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
Holiday Suites(Puerto Princesa)
View Hotel
Citystate Asturias Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
Hotel Centro(Puerto Princesa)
  • Breakfast included
A&A Plaza Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree shuttlelow tidebeachfront hotelshuttle servicesliding doorlounge areathe hotel staffocean viewthe hotel offersfree coffeethe ground floorunderground riverswimming poolrobinsons mallfamily vacationrelaxing staybuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Microtel and the view from my room was paradise. Being a little bit out of town has its advantages, as it is very quiet & peaceful out there, but a limited number of free shuttles provided by the hotel into town and the WiFi dropping in & out were the only disadvantages I found. Very friendly and helpful staff, who helped me book my scuba diving adventure. The buffet breakfast was ok, but lacked a poor variety of international food. The evening meal selection from the restaurant was pretty good, I had several very good meals poolside. Overall I enjoyed my time there and most definitely would return again sometime in the near future.

Room Tip: If staying here, go the beach front rooms. Beautiful sunrises in the morning, great views from your room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at TripAdvisor. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We're traveling with kids so we specifically wanted a beachfront hotel that had a swimming pool. Microtel proved to be a very good place to stay for families with young kids. The kids enjoyed swimming in the pool as much as they did building sand castles and playing in the playground. We booked an ocean view room and it had a most spectacular view of the beach. Waking up to a perfect sunrise each day was priceless, I couldn't stop taking photos from our balcony! The room itself was standard as you can expect from Microtel. Clean and no frills.

The staff are cheerful and helpful. We thought we misplaced my son's swimming trunks and there were several people who asked if we found them. They care. If you're taking the trike they can also help negotiate the fare with the driver.

Microtel is a good starting point if you're going to the usual tourist spots such as the Underground River, Honda Bay, Bakers's Hill, etc. They offer free shuttle service to Robinson's Mall so be sure to get the trip schedule from concierge. Seats are limited per trip so it's recommended to reserve your seats at least 3 hours before the trip.

There's complimentary coffee and tea in the common area in the ground floor.

• Stayed: April 2014
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, this will be definitely shared with the team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Microtel Palawan rocks! Staff are way beyond courteous, it's ridiculous. They are always glad to help with a smile. Rooms are very clean and cozy (I got a glimpse of the other rooms. Empty ones, of course. ^_^ ). Service is great. Food is okay. Not saying it's not great, but I can find the same kind of food back home. They have free breakfast, free wifi, coffee, water, etc... They also have free scheduled shuttle service when going out into and pick up from the city. Location is a bit difficult since they are in an isolated area with rough road, but that's what the free shuttle is for. If you're looking for peace and quiet outside the city, then this is the place for you. Pool is good. It's nice to swim especially at night when the lights at the restaurant switch on. The hotel is beside the beach, but you can't really swim since it's always low tide and it's really more of a mangrove swamp (at least that's what I think it's called). All in all, you won't get disappointed when you stay here at Microtel. We won't hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: Depends on you, but I picked a room on the second floor with a beach front view. For me, those are where the best rooms are located. Don't pick the one beside the lobby (Room 110, I think) unless you're okay with always hearing people in the lobby.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trace C
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you are use to the hustle and bustle of the Philippines, this place will grant you the quiet and and relaxing atmosphere that you crave. The service was top notch, the room was very large and clean, and the amenities such as free wifi, filtered water/cofee/tea, and shuttle service from/to the airport and to the City are worth mentioning. The hotel itself is on the beach front and no major traffic except for hotel guests going in and out. The pool is okay and the beach front is nice to stroll around but don't expect to swim because the tide is quite low. The front desk staff are always on top of things with a smile! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 604checkin

Thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back here at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I were there from march 25th to 27 2014 and it was such a pleasant stay. They will pick.you up from the airport to bring you to the hotel and vice versa.
It is a beach front hotel which most of the time was low tide but its ok as there was a pool to swim in.
If i were to go back, i would still stay here...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you had a great stay here at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa and I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.