“Great views..”

Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great views..”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We got the sea view room and the views were spectacular. The hotel rooms are very basic and need updated. Its also a bit far from town but ideal for day trips to the local attractions. Breakfast buffet is basically rice and one choice of food. The first morning it wad dehydrated fish with no meat, bones and head only. We felt like asking for our money back, even Filipino guests were looking horrified when they were offered it. They will however fix you an omelete if you ask. Staff for the most part were friendly. Security was very good and visable making foreign guests feel safe. Wifi in all rooms was fast and reliable. All in all i would go back. It was enjoyable and peacefull away from the bustling noise of Manila.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
We are delighted that you found the service and the hotel good. However, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the breakfast. We have informed our concessionaire to take the necessary action regarding your concern. Thank you for you review and we look forward to welcoming you back here at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I had a great experience with Microtel during my three-day trip to Puerto Princesa with my nephew. The hotel staff and personnel were very professional and courteous, the rooms and facilities were very clean, the shuttle service from the hotel to the airport/mall was very reliable, and the daily buffet breakfast was excellent! They were also able to accommodate us for certain tours despite last minute notice. Overall, I would rate my experience with experience with Microtel Palawan as excellent, and would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to my friends.

2 Thank Cesar P
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. We definitely appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GMReneSuarez, General Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, 26 May 2017
Thank you very much for choosing Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa when you visited Palawan last May 2014. I'm glad that you and your nephew had a great experience with us. We really appreciate your recommendation of our hotel to your friends. I would just like to let you know that we've made a lot of improvements since then and I think you would be pleasantly surprised. We hope you would consider staying with us again on your next planned visit to Puerto Princesa, Palawan.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our flight arrived ahead of schedule very early in the morning and the hotel van was waiting for us outside the airport with the driver giving us a short tour of the city. It is about a 20 min. drive from the airport without traffic. Our room was not available when we arrived and had our breakfast while waiting. The breakfast was lacking in variety, but the sea view was a feast for the eyes; it was breathtaking. Our tour also begun early morning so by the time we got back our room was ready. Our room was clean and bed was comfortable although lacking in some basic amenities like bathrobes, slippers, and some toiletries like shaving kits lotion, etc., To compare with hotels we have stayed with the same price or lower at least they provide complete room amenities and safety vault. Our room toilet needs a little bit of clean up there was a bit of grime on the tiles and there was sometimes practically no hot water. They do provide coffee, tea, and water 24 hours a day at the lobby. We had our dinner at the hotel food was good and portions were big. If you want to go to the city and back, make sure to book a shuttle because it gets pretty booked fast or have them call you a tricycle which would cost you P150. Overall, it is a good enough place to sleep in and service is good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Your feedback is valuable to us as it assists us to constantly improve our service and property. We are happy to note that overall you had a pleasant experience. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We attended an event in Microtel-Puerto Princesa...fr the airport and the main city it's quite far but when we saw the place..the view is spectacular.
I was in awe with place. The service is superb...the bed linens are clean white including the towels. The wifi is stable too.
I decided to give my husband a small surprise for his birthday and requested them to buy me a chocolate cake. Wow they bought the BEST moist cake in the town which made my husband truly happy.
But something tragic happened on my way home...I lost my wallet and discovered the lost upon arrival in Manila...losing hope in recovering it , I decided to call all my banks and cancelled my cards...a few days after a parcel fr LBC arrived at my home..it was MY WALLET!!!!!with all
my heart thank you MICROTEL PUERTO PRINCESA!!!I will recommend you to all my FRIENDS!!!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Katrin G
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
We truly appreciate your feedback as we work towards exceeding all guest expectations. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The picturesque seaside location of this Microtel makes it unique and different from the typical US style motel. The sea recedes 300 meters at low tide exposing powdery white sand. The water is shallow and not good for swimming. However, it is great for wading and taking long walks. I suggest exploring the beach at low tide and the adjacent mangrove Forrest admiring the bio diverse sea creatures and birds in their environment.

The hotel has a restaurant offering a good range of local and international cuisine. The breakfast buffet is sumptuous and better than the food at most US hotel chains.

The rooms are basic. The window type air conditioners can be noisy. The suites have a bath tub that is dangerous for the elderly as it is difficult to enter and exit the tub due to the high/thick walls. The rooms facing the sea can do with one or two chairs outside the sliding door. The swimming pool is basic but good enough.

The staff is helpfull. The coffee and water station in the lobby is a good amenity. The complementary shuttle to the airport and to Robinsons mall is a good added value.

The hotel offers tour information and booking to the sites of Palawan. The rates are reasonable and the yours are well organized.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review here in trip advisor. We have noted some of your comments and it will definitely be looked into.We look forward to welcoming you back.
Rosario, Philippines
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is very pragmatic; it has a very lean design that fulfills its function to a very high efficiency. The pool and dining areas relish in their simplicity -- elegant but with very limited options. The rooms are kept neatly even though I didn't even notice maintenance personnel toiling around. The beachfront, that should have been a strong point, is a vast expanse of sand and mangroves that stretches far beyond the usual distance -- you would have to walk an extended period of time before you get to the sea and in my opinion, did not live up to expectations. The hotel's location proved to be a glaring weakness; its isolation from the city proper permitted freedom of movement, forcing hotel patrons to board scheduled ferries routinely. Fortunately, the efficiency employed by the highly accommodating hotel staff with the scheduling allows the trips to be executed right on the dot. Overall, everything that a hotel should be is accomplished. If you're looking for an affordable lodging in Puerto Princesa, with no bloat or extra amenities apart from what you would expect, then Microtel Puerto Princesa is a fine choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We highly value views and opinions as it assists us in improving our service. Thank you for your review and recommendation, we look forward to your next visit.