“Clean & Nice Hotel”

Balay Inato Pension
Ranked #30 of 199 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The room rate is just fair. Room is neat & clean. It's very near to the airport & they have their own restaurant. Staff are very friendly and always smiling. I want to stay there again for my future visit at Palawa.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I had a good deal w/ Balay Inato and it didn't fail me from my foreign guests' expectations. I booked the flight & accomodation for me & my in-laws' stay in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. I should be scared! The rooms are spacious & cozy. Their food is very good and has variety of choices. It's also accessible from the airport. Not to mention that they also arranged our tour to the Underground River & Honda Bay which gave convenience. My brother-in-law, who's half Filipino half French and is based in France mentioned that he'll recommend that place to his all his friends who'd like to visit Puerto Princesa. He even said that it's approved of French taste. He only had one remark on the room that they shouldn't have curtains in the bathroom or probably that they should change them daily. To the French, it translates to dirt. Overall, it's a recommendable place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 March 2014

we greatly enjoyed the food..and we look forward to going back to the resort each time we went out. The rooms are big and furnished simply...good value for money...Would be nicer tho if there is a swimming pool. ..we always recommend thus place to friends...keep renovating...

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed here last February 28 to March 2. The place is only about 5 minutes away from the airport. So convenient! The staff were also really accomodating and courteous. Everytime we went out, they would ask if we wanted to have our rooms cleaned (dunno if they charge extra for that). Each night, they also made sure to remind us of our pick-up time for the tours the next day and got our orders for next day's breakfast.

My only pet peeves were the cleanliness of the bathroom and the speed of service at the restaurant. The water in our bathroom sink wouldn't immediately go down. Moreover, despite getting our orders the night before, it really took them time to serve our breakfasts in the morning. We had to keep on following up on our orders. Good thing the waiters and waitresses were very polite so we didn't complain.

If you are looking for a place that feels homey and has very nice staff, I recommend this place. For the price, I think staying here is worth your money. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maxine T
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We choose this bed And breakfast hotel due to its location and some good reviews that i had read online.
Checkin: upon arrival of the hotel we went to the frontdesk to do the usual check in process. Since we book through travel agency it was less hassle for us to do the booking on our own. The frontdesk was friendly the normal greetings for the guest.
Ambiance: maybe the management can add a landscape since it looks too lonely and barren.

Rooms: The size of the room was big enough for me and my friend. The room is equipped with phone,tv, closet, and also a kitchen inside. For me the management can just get rid of the kitchen and try to maximize the place with different amenities.

Wifi: the wifi inside the room was bad, i could not get through with it. All you have to do is to go outside in your room and go to the reception area where their is good wifi. And its too inconvenient for us since we are so tired from our tours.

Overall, we had a great vacation in palawan and balay inato is good for those who are on a budget. I hope their wifi connection will improve. Also i would like to commend for their chicken inato. Great food and amazing chef. I never liked shrimp but only in chicken inato made me change my mind. Keep it up guys!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Rach0923474
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here because we were travelling with my 75 year old father and most hotels in Puerto Princesa do not have elevators (or if they do, they do not always work)!

It was easy to get a reservation but the confirmation of the receipt of deposit was quite difficult! I kept sending the deposit slip to a certain Jojo, and they kept saying they have not received it. It was only days before we were to arrive that they acknowledged they got it.

They were considerate enough to allow early check in for my parents. So we were given one room earlier, which is great!

The people were very friendly.

Asking for ice, as the room does not have a ref, will set you back P20.

The rooms were clean enough except that in Room 2, the bathroom is soooooooooo smelly! I think that the pipes going to the sewer passes through that room that I wake up in the middle of the night from the stench of the bathroom. We tried dousing it with shampoo and water and still the smell is the same. My parents who were in Room 3 did not have the same experience.

Initially the shower's water pressure was very weak; I complained about it for 2 days and they did not act on it. it was only on the 3rd day did they actually check it and lo and behold, I had a faulty shower head. Hindi kasi sila naniwala for 2 days.

The breakfast is not bad, it was not good. Just enough to fill your tummy for the first hour of your day -- definitely will not tide you until lunch.

The wifi signal is VERY, VERY POOR! You need to go to the reception area to get good signal.

The Chicken served in the restaurant is good and tasty, but the chicken is soo small. The other dishes on the menu had so much catsup. We liked the buko shake; hated all the other shakes.

The tricycle drivers are not familiar with this place. You need to remember to mention One Manalo so that they can bring you to the right Balay Inato (apparently there are so many Inato pensions around)

Room Tip: Stay near the reception area
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Place was reasonable. Breakfast was ordinary. Got into an argument as they stuffed up my bookings. Room was very small and bathroom could be cleaner. Place is far away from any shops. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Keep this as a last resort.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple