“Great Place ...Beautiful Garden!”
Review of Deep

Deep
Ranked #21 of 189 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Great Place ...Beautiful Garden!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This is a great place to stay. If you need to practice your photography skills before you go out there, here's a place for you. Lots of cool sculptures everywhere , the whole place is beautiful. Affordable clean and a beautiful place ^_^

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was very disappointed staying in this place. I chose this because of the photos in their website plus some good reviews about this place. The pool in their website is so huge but in reality the size is like a kiddie pool. The wifi connection is very poor. I have to stay outside or hang around pool area just to get a so so wifi connection. What more, you have to feast yourself from all mosquitoes just to avail of their free wifi as their is no connection once inside your room. They dont have mosquito light trap on common areas. Deep forest is surrounded with trees and some stagnant water which is a breeding place for mosquito. Staying here is like staying in a forest infested with mosquitoes.
I thought I was the only one who's very disappointed about this place but to my surprise all guest that we get to meet on our tour who's staying there as well share the same comment! No bottled water compliment and the price of the food from the resto is so expensive! My dad was even disgusted about the fish steak he ordered for the price of P270 a very low class fish and the Palawan breakfast they serve only 3 small sizes of danggit plus egg with rice and coffee for the price of 250!!
Since it is located in a very secluded place, going to downtown area or restos nearby cost a minimum of P80 at night and P60 during day time!! So you'll be spending much alone just for transportation. There is no resto nearby nor convenient store.
Never will I go back to this place again nor even recommend it.

1 Thank eisreh
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Hello,

My couple and I stayed in the resort for 3 nights on August and it we do not have more than good comments for this hotel.

All the rooms, common areas, restaurants, swimming pool were perfectly cleaned every single day and you could tell. Eventhough the place is surrounded by flowers, trees, gardens and there's different animals wandering around, you can tell it is all clean.

As for the staff, they are very, very friendly (I think all philipinos are kind of friendly in their way). At the front desk they were very helpful when we asked for an extension of our stay, even if they were almost fully booked we could keep our rates.

My best compliments go to Claire, she takes care of the Pool Bar and made our stay much more pleasant by telling us about the local life, about what tours to go on and a lot more stuff during the 3 nights we stayed at the hotel.

The restaurant is very nice, the prices are not low, but what do you expect in a hotel?

There is also a Wine Cellar bar which we just visited once (we stated the whole time at the Pool Bar with Claire).

Finally I would say that this hotel is a perfect Value for money and that it is very close to the airport which makes transfers much easier.

If you are coming to Puerto Princesa and do not want to expend a lot of money in a fancy hotel, then this mist be your choice!

• Stayed August 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Staffs are friendly and rooms are clean and good. However, hotel service is very bad. When we arrived at the hotel they could not provide us a room right away beacause there is no available the fact that we requested and paid one month ahead. More to that, we must buy drinking water beacause they have no compliment drinking water in the room. Their bottled water (approx 250ml or 12oz.) it cost 35 pesos. Lastly, restaurant is expensive.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Nathaniel0603
Reviewed 14 August 2013

this resort is just 10-15mins away from the airport which is good.The day i book a room in the resort i already requested for an early pick up in the airport and early check-in with late check out and they replied that it depends on the availability of the room which we understand thou they confirm to us that the pick-up and drop off shuttle is complimentary and available for us.However while me and my bf is traveling (onboard the aircraft,on the way to phils) i e-mailed the resort just to remind them our arrival date and time,basically flight details and following up for the early check-in and late check-out.when we arrive in the airport,we assume that there will be a guy standing outside the pick up area with our names on or atleast someone who is holding a resorts name on a placard,but sad to say there's none.i called the resort and tell them that we are already in the airport.the reception ask me under which name is our booking,and i said my name together with my bf's name,and she answered me back,"im sorry mam,you dont have a booking under that name" and i was shocked and got frustrated for a min as we are traveling for 14hrs going to manila and another 1hr and half from manila to palawan (we're totally exhausted and it was early in the morning) and told to that girl that what do you mean i don't have a booking? i e-mailed your resort just to remind you our flight details as we need the confirmation for the early check-in,i also have a confirmation booking which i can help you find the booking reference.she put me on hold,and told me that the driver is on his way to the airport.she didn't even bother to apologise.driver came and pick us up,take us to the resort,staff welcomed us but still there's no room ready as per the reception,i ask the receptionist if there's a guest who check out that night or early this morning,don't they block that room for guest who requested a week ago for an early check in?considering that we informed them early that we are coming from more than 14hrs flight just to see a glimpse of puerto prinsesa?anyway,she said that they didn't receive the e-mail and they let us waited in their restaurant and told us to leave our bags in the corner (no locker room provided so people,mind your important things) anyhow,me and my bf decided to go and ask the reception how many hours more do we need to wait for the room so we can plan on doing something waiting for any room to get vacant.one lady came in and she ask the receptionist,the one who supposed to check out an hour ago,didn't check out yet?and the receptionist replied to her that they did check out already,so the lady ask her why not putting us in there instead of waiting,and we we're so glad that she came.and i told that lady too that we e-mail the resort 8hrs ago to follow up on the room and she did told the receptionist that she read it now,and ask the receptionist why they didn't check the mails earlier.the lady ask us for the a welcome drink, (urgh the receptionist didn't even bother to ask us, again) anyhow,all this hassle has gone away they gave us the room key the lady told us that the welcome drink will just gonna deliver in the room.the room was good.given the things that i requested,however,the welcome drinks still didnt came until the following day.anyhow,we went for a city tour and it was ok,except the part that they bring us to the prison area (which we are wondering why is the prison included in the tour and part of the tourist spot,and the tourist guide told us that most of the people who got imprisoned here did a big crime such as rapist,murder,drug lord and what so ever,which creep us out) anyhow going back to the hotel,the area has a good ambience,they have a nice pool,and the chess area that is also in the pool,they have pool bar,wine cellar,dart area...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sapphire C
Kingscliff, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We picked this place on the strength of the reviews and it had a pool for the kids and would sleep four of us. the staff were great, the place was spotless. It was the best wine cellar I've seen in Philippines, not that we used it. Free wifi everywhere but a complicated list of passwords and multiple sites. Shower had 12 jets of water , one had to run around to get wet. food was good but dessert took 45 minutes to arrive , contrary to info they were not busy.
Gardens are fabulous as is the pool but Mosquitos everywhere and apparently no effort to control. Sleep disturbed but the loudest bull frogs I've ever heard. Turn the fan up to drown out noise.

Room Tip: Worth a night because its unique
2 Thank Boracaybound
Darwin NT
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We loved our stay at this hotel. If you have the chance to speak to the owner Jean you will appreciate the uniqueness of it's location and design. We would definitely stay here again. The queen size pool side room we stayed in was large, bed was comfortable and had everything you needed except a dining table (would be good if they did as it seemed silly to offer room service but no where to eat in your room).

The swim up pool bar would be exceptional if only the cocktails were made at the bar. Instead they are made at the other bar (I think) and seems to take forever. To me part of the experience of a swim up pool bar is having the drinks made in front of you and not waiting 20 mins to come from elsewhere. Thumbs up to the lovely person on duty at the swim up pool bar on Monday 5 August in the arvo. Will try and send some Tim Tams to you.

Staff are very attentive, however we were let down on the Sunday morning when I needed some clothes laundered (I packed too light) and was told I wouldnt get my laundry back till the following afternoon (2 whole days). We weren't offered any alternatives in town. Managed to find a wonderful laundry on Rizal Avenue called Stripes (green and white striped banner) located just under the wooden "Welcome to Puerto Princesa" sign about 100metres from Tiki Resto Bar - and they laundered my washing for 165 pesos which is the minimum cost for 3kg of washing. I only had 1.5kg but paid 200 pesos as it is still very very cheap and I had my laundry back by 2pm that day for collection and only quarter of the price and time the hotel could do it. Food is wonderful but you definitely pay 25-50% more for the convenience of eating at the hotel which is the same at every other hotel you stay at.

Taxicycle should only cost 80 pesos to Rizal Avenue and about 150 pesos to Robinsons Mall. We always paid 100-150 everywhere we went as it is still cheap and easy to get around.

We booked the Honda Bay Tour through the hotel's Tourister booking agent and there was a lack of communication all round. We were told we would be picked up 6.30-7am (5 August) but werent picked up till 7.45am yet reception staff said we can have breakfast while we waited. Felt like a ploy to eat in the restaurant as the other Filipino couple on the same tour were told the correct time. Also told we would be back by 3pm and we didnt get back till after 5pm.

The tour guide was dreadful, he spoke all of 5 mins in the van on the way there, stopped at the most expensive snorkel and flipper place on the way. Save yourself 100 pesos if you rent at the boat launching pad. The guide disappeared everytime we landed on a new island and didnt tell us anything or when we were boarding for the next island. The best island is Cowrie Island where you can go to the bar, have a massage, banana boat riding, swim and snorkel.

I'd recommend booking through gopalawan.com as we booked with them for underground river tour and the tour went like clockwork, the guide was informative and even stopped off at Ugong Rock on the way home where went cave climbing and ziplining (450pesos each on top of tour costs as this is not part of the tour).

Room Tip: Get laundry done at Stripes on Rizal Avenue under "Welcome to Puerto Princesa" sign. Cheap...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple