“La Charica Inn and Suites is my Second Home away from home...” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
La Charica Inn And Suites
Ranked #101 of 181 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Digos City, Davao del Sur
“La Charica Inn and Suites is my Second Home away from home...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I had the chance to stay @ La Charica Inn last April 6-8, 2012...The place was quiet and accessible for a ride..What I appreciated more was the warm accomodation of its staff, especially the kitchen personnel headed by maam virgie who despite a lack of workforce would always manage to smile and deliver good services to the clients...i also salute the owner miss chari for her exemplary managerial approaches, showing good public relations...the Lord Jesus Our Redeemer church of Digos City, Davao del Sur would like to say it again..."Thank You very much and may God's richest blessings be upon you always"...Godspeed!!!-from Nilda Aniñon (DavSur PIO)

Room Tip: Higher fllors have less A/C unit noise
Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank nilda a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

My friend and I stayed in La Charica last March 2012 and i found it a very good place to stay in Puerto Princesa especially for first time visitors to the place and those on a budget.

From the time we booked a room at their place a month before our trip, they kept constant communication and were very prompt in answering my queries regarding their services. They made me feel more secure knowing we were understanding each other and I had no worries regarding our stay there. They offer tour bookings and we were booked with Ellen's travel agency who had very punctual and good tour guides. The personnel were very courteous and friendly with ready smiles for the guests. They were prompt in attending to our requests. Airport transfers may not have been in brand new vans but the drivers were very welcoming and even offered tips on where to go.

The inn itself is clean and had a very home-y feel with a lot of personal decors and the lobby and terrace made me think of a family room for entertaining. They had clean rooms with hot/cold bath that were spacious enough for a maximum of 4 people since they have pull out beds. They can give you extra beddings and hairdryers per request. They clean the rooms everyday and change the towels. Breakfast was filling if its ok with you to go for a filipino breakfast instead of a continental one.

The inn is conveniently located about 2 minutes away from the city center by trike and about 5-10minutes away by foot. But its in a quiet enough neighborhood so that you can get a quiet rest without hearing the traffic or noise from neighbors.

Overall, I definitely recommend this place to those who are on a budget but still want to stay in a good place. Since Puerto Princesa offers a lot of activities throughout the day, all you really do is sleep and bathe. But La Charica helps make your stay more comfortable. I really dont think the more expensive places can provide you with better accommodation and service as La Charica can provide all you the comforts of a pleasant stay at a cheaper price. And not to discredit the other establishments but in my tour of the city, the bigger hotels are located in busy streets and tend to be noisier due to the passing traffic and people.

I agree with their statement: A home away from home.

Keep it up! Thank you for making our Palawan trip a memorable and comfortable one!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kris D
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed for one week at La Charica Puerta Princesa Palawan in March.It is a basic small hotel and cheaper priced compared with some.The rooms are small but adequate to sleep in.The staff are friendly and helpful.There is a TV in each room and air conditioning.The only poor part was the breakfast with 4 halves of small toasted bread and one fried egg (cold the first day).After trying the breakfast for 2 days decided to eat out.It is good for budget travelers and would stay there again.There are a few rooms on the ground floor but check if you have walking problems as there is no elevator on the other floors.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Douglas H
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We didn't choose the hotel but our travel agency did. Although I couldn't compare them to a full service deluxe hotel, but their staffs really provided an outstanding level of service. Except for the breakfast, which is the only downside of this hotel. They must replace their bf menu or else, guest must eat outside instead of availing it. Rooms are clean but the amenities are old already. Good location. Overall, our stay wouldnt be that better without their very helpful staffs. Their smiles and hospitality are truly incredible that make this hotel truly special.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Jaelovetotravel2
Meycauayan City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

The place was clean and comfortable to stay as well as the staff are courteous, polite, helpful with all our needs. There was a free wifi and the location was accessible. They picked up and drop us off at the airport on time....The disappointing stuff was, breakfast was no good..... and at the restaurant, the food was not that good as we expected, maybe they should change their menu and kitchen staff should be trained properly. the owner herself was accommodating and was so kind too. we really enjoyed our stay there.... !

Room Tip: we stayed at their suite room, it was clean and comfy.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ake09
Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

This is one of the nicest place we stayed during our whole trip in Palawan, staff was great polite and helpful facilities were perfect room was clean beds are so comfy and great breakfast........

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank sydney r
Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have always loved Palawan, and I have been there a number of times already. This was my first time to stay at La Charica, and sad to say, for the first time, a trip to Palawan wasn't perfect.

The good stuff: the room rates were pretty good, and even the food in the hotel's restaurant was relatively cheap. There was free wifi, and the location was accessible.

The disappointing stuff is much longer. First off, the airport pick-up arrived 45 minutes late. Upon check-in, the staff at the front desk was unaware of the conditions of our booking. Apparently, it was not endorsed properly by the staff who was communicating with me previously. They gave us a twin room (2 single beds), when I actually booked for a double room (1 double bed). When I complained, they moved us to a double room that looked and smelled like a storage room. It was dusty and damp. But I did not complain until I found out that the shower wasn't working!

When I complained about this, the reception staff informed me that nothing could be done because it was late night, and the person in charge wasn't there. After I persisted on complaining, we ended up being moved back to the twin room. It was hopeless.

Information at the reception desk noted that we could order our breakfast of choice by making an advance request in the evening. We did this on our last night. In the morning, our order was not available, because our request the night before was not forwarded to the kitchen. At this point, I nearly lost my patience with their organization, so I reminded the front desk staff about all the problems I've had with them so far. It did not end there.

During the ride to the airport, the driver complained that he was scolded by his boss because I reported that we were picked up late in the airport. He seemed to have taken personal offense that I actually complained about the late pick-up.

While I understand that they probably had much on their hands, and could hardly get everything done efficiently, I think that they are in the business of hospitality and tourism. As such, it is the management's responsibility to deliver what they advertise to offer. I still love Palawan, and I would come back. But most likely, will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Cajsa_HK
lacharicainn, General Manager at La Charica Inn And Suites, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
We apologize for the inconvenience. I have investigated on this matter and have learned that the travel and tours agency booked you in a twin sharing room. We did not have direct contact with you so this was overlooked by your tour agency, which is not within our company. Your travel and tour agency usually does not give us your contact details since they are the ones who coordinate with you and us, for business security purpose. Our front office has the policy to make sure that the room needs of the guests will be the ones provided, so this really surprised us. Our front officers have more than 10 years of expert experience in hotels and also from abroad. We do not let these incidents happen to our valued guests who are mostly repeat customers. On your case where the Travel and Tours Agency booked, they usually are the ones who should pick you up from the airport unless they requested us ahead. They should be the ones to pick you up at that time from the airport but we instead offered our ride since your supposed pick up ride from the tour agency failed to show up on time, as our staff were already expecting for your arrival in the hotel. We are fully booked as always and during the time you were here, good thing there has just been a room that became available but was rushly made up. The damage in the shower could have been from past guest which can happen and we failed to have it checked due to limited time in like 15 minutes. It is our fault to still have accommodated you despite the wrong booking and unavailability of double room, we could have avoided to get wrong impression from you and instead returned your money and have the travel and tours agency that booked you move you to another hotel. Still, we understand and apologize. hope this won't happen again in the future. We now have advised our partner travel and tour agencies to give us at least full details of our guests and the rooms they actually need. we cater to more than a hundred guests most of the time (as fully booked) and you as a couple are but as valuable and much easier to accommodate provided were given the right details by the tour agency so we request that please make sure with your agency that you specify the details needed to avoid rushed rebooking and most especially wrong booking. The hotel and staff are also a victim to this due to same incident although it is our pleasure to give the best service despite challenges and errors we hope to cope with. Nobocy's perfect and we can't please everybody, but we believe that the customers are always right and we hope to delight you with what we have. Thanks to our travel and tours agencies and guests who continuously patronize us and for making us one of the most fully booked boutique hotels/inns in Puerto Princesa. Deo omnis gloria!

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Princesa hotels

#7 of 181 in Puerto Princesa
Ponce de Leon Garden Resort
Ponce de Leon Garden Resort
#34 of 181 in Puerto Princesa

Been to La Charica Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!