“I will never stay anywhere else in Puerto Princessa.”
Review of Subli Guest Cabins

Subli Guest Cabins
Ranked #2 of 195 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

After staying in an awful, over priced hotel our first night ever in Palawan, my friend and I saw excellent reviews for this place online and quickly made reservations. Glen picked us up from our hotel and as soon as we entered the driveway, I knew that we'd made the right choice. The place was beautiful, with an outdoor lobby area and adjacent eating room. The rooms were just the right size and quaintly decorated. Most importantly, there was wifi in the room.
The staff was friendly and attentive, and if we wanted o go out to eat somewhere, Glen gladly took us in his car and we just had to take a tricycle back--very helpful. There's a small bar, complimentary breakfast, cozy hammocks hanging from the mango tree in the middle of the property, and even a small area made just for reading filled with books, magazines and cozy chairs. The attention to detail at this place is on point and the owners being so hands-on made our stay very enjoyable. My only regret was not being able to meet the other owner, Glen's wife.
I loved this place so much, I don't imagine I'd stay anywhere else the next time I visit Puerto Princessa. Subli Guest Cabins is truly a hidden gem. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: March 2013
SubliPalawan, Owner at Subli Guest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a beautiful review! Thanks especially for appreciating all our efforts. Makes everything worthwhile. Just sorry also that you didn't get to meet Nancy, "the other owner"....

There are newer reviews for Subli Guest Cabins

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We were in Puerto Princesa for one night before flying out the next day.

Subli was great. It's small and quiet but restaurants, beach, airport are all easily accessible. Our cabin was big and clean but what made this place so enjoyable were the staff. They were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much for them.

There is a beach about 15 mins away which is pretty decent - very good for a city beach.

I would highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Jiuzhaigou
SubliPalawan, Owner at Subli Guest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Thank you so much! Thanks especially for pointing out that everything is just a few minutes away. Too bad you could only stay for 1 night. We hope you can come back to Puerto Princesa and stay at Subli again. Take care!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

when i first heard of Subli guest cabins i was skeptical because i am used to staying at a hotel anywhere i go. But Subli changed it all. Subli is like bringing your home with you on a trip. Everything in Subli is perfect, i especially liked the hammock under the tree, environment is so peaceful and i can really relax. This is the only place i really felt so relaxed. With Subli, you can be you but of course you need to follow the rules, respect your cabin mates and respect the owner. So sad i forgot the name of the young girl at the reception, she's super sweet and charming. As for the owners, Nancy and Glen, they are the people who know what taking care of guests means. They would make sure that you are well-served. Oh i am missing my stay in Subli !! But i am looking forward to returning again !! Sad, rating is only up to 5 because i want to give Subli a 10 !! God bless you Glen and Nancy !!

1  Thank flmiacampo

A VERY HUGE THANK YOU for your exceptional review! We are extremely grateful for the appreciation of our efforts. And it is with great happiness and gratitude to you and all our guests that we are announcing that Subli is now ranked #1 on tripadvisor! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I was there only one night and decided to stay one more night in the way back from El Nido but unfortunately room is booked up.
Place is small but nice like home. Reception (young girl) was very helpful and sweet. She is alway smile and willing to help you in any needs. You will feel like me when you see someone is alway think positive. This make my stayed much better.

Thanks sweet Subli

Room Tip: There are 5 cabins and all same (I think) just reminded that place is out of beaten part. If you ar...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ABsoluteBangkokTour
SubliPalawan, Owner at Subli Guest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

We truly appreciate the wonderful review. So sorry we could not accommodate you on your return to Puerto Princesa. Perhaps on your next visit you can stay a bit longer at Subli. Thanks so much!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I never regret choosing Subli as our place to stay in Puerto Princesa! Months before our travel, I've searched online on the recommended accommodations in PP until I came across Subli. All their traveller's comments in TripAdvisor are positive! It was actually ranked #8 of 95 PP B&B and Inns when I started reading it then up to #2 and now finally, it deserves to be ranked #1. :-)

The place is very homey. The cabin is very clean, has good lighting, a/c and cable TV both working well, there's an area big enough to put your things and hang your clothes,the bathroom is very clean and well-equipped and i LOVE the tiles! After a long and tiring day from our tours, my husband and I always looked forward to be going back to our cabin because it really gives a relaxing ambience, be it in morning or at night.

Breakfast is free and hassle-free. They make prior confirmations so they serve it on perfect timing. I'm also a green tea lover so I was delighted to see their several green tea choices aside from the usual coffee served in hotels. Since we're a couple, I think they assigned us inside the dining area for privacy. PERFECT!Even if it is not air conditioned, it is well-ventilated and the view of trees and greenery is just so relaxing.

The over-all service they give is superb - you can feel the sincerity and passion. When the tour guide told us that we won't be able to do the Mangrove Paddle Boat tour due to conflict w/ the Underground tour, we agreed for a refund since it was part of the package we paid. But thanks to Subli owner, Ms Nancy, she arranged to replace it w/ Iwahig Firefly Watching instead and we enjoyed it better since dinner is included and we also got to experience both mangrove paddle boat and firefly watching.

If you want to stay in a quiet and laid-back place in PP and away from the city noise, this is the perfect haven for you. It was our second home in Puerto Princesa.

Room Tip: Book in advance since there are only 4 cabins for a more personalized service.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank serendipity1211

A huge THANK YOU for the great review! Guests like you make everything we do worth the effort and our work becomes less of a job and more of an enjoyable hobby. Next time you visit, we will have our soon-to-be famous...hehehe....pinaasimang baka for you to taste. Thank you so much once again!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just loved it! Everything was just perfect at Subli! So we stayed here twice long that we intended in the begining :)
Home-like atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful personnel. And Nancy is just unbelievable! :-) Awake whenever you need her. Always smiling, always very helpful.
The owner offered lift to the center several time and took us to the airport for free.
The place is calm and peaceful. Mango tree with hammocks is a perfect place for evening rest.
Breakfast is included in the price and you can chose from several possibilities.

The only "defect" is that the beach is not in walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
SubliPalawan, Owner at Subli Guest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

We are very happy that you loved Subli. Thank you for such a wonderful review.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I think this place was a fantastic value. A nice, cozy cabin for a great price. Including free breakfast and airport transfers. Even though there are no tricycles that pass in front of the property, the owner makes up for this by driving you into town when needed. I would absolutely stay here again if I found myself in Puerto Princesa.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
SubliPalawan, Owner at Subli Guest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you so much. We really try to achieve a cozy atmosphere so we are very glad that you felt that way. Hope to see you again!