All reviews one night stay el nido the hotel staff front desk staff free breakfast tour company modern hotel palawan trip would stay here again front office enjoyed my stay rooms are clean cable tv underground river banks wifi airport
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2019

The place is nice, the location is in the center of the city, near other establishments. Staffs are accommodating.

Cable tv
Wifi
Free breakfast
Hot/cold shower
Infused water
Near bars and restaurants

Trip type: Travelled on business
EmpireSuites2019, FRONT OFFICE TEAM LEADER at Empire Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2019

Dear Sir Junno,

Good day! Greetings From Empire Suites Hotel.

Thank you for choosing Empire Suites Hotel and taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your effort in giving your comments, and sincerely we are very happy that our value for money amenities and services met your needs and expectations. Your honest feedback is a way for us to know what we are doing well and what we can improve upon.

Thank you again for leaving some feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Jennifer T. Vega
Front Office Team Leader

Reviewed 18 July 2019

We stay at Empire Suites Hotel for 2 nights, our stay with my friend is very comfortable and feel at home because of the services provided of the staffs are welcoming special the guy in front office duty named Teody he is so humbled and they provided a amazing service for us when we arrived since we are a walk-in guest at late at night at 11:00pm, they showed us first the room which is room 415 and until we checked-out in early morning they assists us very well and also we admired him for wearing a big smile in their face. And rooms are clean and bed is comfortable when we sleep and Since we are a vegetarian we us a favor to Teody to inform the Restaurant to provide us any available veagetable breakfast, thank you for the effort we are satisfied. Hoping we can visit Palawan for the second time.

Room tip: Choose Room 415
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
EmpireSuites2019, FRONT OFFICE TEAM LEADER at Empire Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Good day! Greetings From Empire Suites Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Highly appreciated to the staff that you mentioned we interfaced with in other areas really work hard to deliver great service to valued guests like you. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. Your nice comments are so much appreciated.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and for choosing Empire Suite Hotel as your second home in Palawan in the nearest future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.

JENNIFER T. VEGA
Front Office Department Head

Reviewed 15 July 2019

I got the chance to know Empire Suites at the Travel Madness Expo SMX MOA thru the assistance of John Michael Auditor - Sales Account Executive. I admire his determination but not pushy attitude. He is very polite and patient with my concerns. In general, I enjoyed my stay in the hotel because of the kindness and highest form of customer service of the staff. I'm away from home but I feel I'm really at home during my stay. I'll highly recommend this place to my family, friends and colleagues. Kudos to the Management for having a well-mannered staff, treasure them for they will take care of your company.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
EmpireSuites2019, FRONT OFFICE TEAM LEADER at Empire Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel property and finding time to write a quick review about your recent stay. recognition from our guests goes a long way in encouraging our dedicated staff to continue striving for excellence in customer satisfaction. also many thanks for the praise you gave to John Michael Auditor and also to our team, and we really appreciated your acknowledgment of their work.

Nothing would give us more pleasure than to be welcoming you again, We are hoping for your return as we show ourselves in the better light in the near future.

JENNIFER T. VEGA
Front Office Department Head

Reviewed 5 June 2019

I have never left a "terrible" review of any hotel i've stayed in, but this place deserves it. I was at the hotel for maybe two hours and had been in three rooms before i decided to leave and find somewhere else to stay. The Empire Suites is at best a budget hotel, definitely not as advertised and i like others have no idea who it has such good reviews from others. On arrival, i entered the hotel from the ground floor and waited at a small counter that turned out to be a security desk, after waiting over ten minutes the security guard appeared and told me check in was up on level three (no signs or info to point this out). Check in was quick and simple and i headed off to my room, room 1 of 3. The room was at the front of the hotel overlooking the main street. The noise from the street was constant with no way to block it out. Two large windows form one wall and the heat of the day belts through the windows, i turned the air con on which wouldn't have been strong enough to cool a matchbox. I checked the fridge for a cool water, the fridge wasn't working, i used the bathroom and the toilet wouldn't flush properly, i looked around the room more and saw broken floor tiles and a broken bed side table, that was enough for me so it was back to reception to request another room. Room 2 of 3. As soon as i walked on i was smacked in the face by an overwhelming stench of mould, i have never smelt anything like it, that was enough of that. Room 3 of 3. The pick of the bunch, cleaner than the others but still not "clean" with no smell. I was tired and needed a shower so into the bathroom i go, i take my shower and reach for a towel, a dirty grey (once white i presume) towel which made me feel dirtier than i did when i got into the shower in the first place! I had to get out of the hotel and clear my head so i went for a coffee and came back. When i got back to the room i noticed it didn't have a room safe, i spoke to reception staff who shortly after handed me a safe, that's right, they handed me a safe, unsecured to anything and easily carried from here to anywhere. That was enough for me, thankfully i hadn't unpacked. I spoke with reception staff about all of the issues i encountered and informed them i'd be leaving. Thankfully, i found a hidden gem not far away and left as quickly as i could. The one good thing i will say is that the staff i dealt with were lovely and that even though my booking was "non refundable" i did get my money back.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
EmpireSuites2019, Sales Account Executive at Empire Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2019

Dear TheJDLife

Thank you for your writing us a thorough review on how your stay was with us. We understand that you had some concerns regarding your stay and obviously did not meet your expectations. We assure you that we addressed these concerns immediately after reading your review.

We value your feedback because it is essential for us to consistently improve our services and facilities. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the problems you have encountered during your stay. You have definitely shown us that there is still much work for us to do. It is very important to us to ensure our guests’ comfort, safety, and satisfaction. We do hope to have the chance to show you how much we've grown.

Again, we thank you for your effort in letting us know about your experience. We are hoping for your return as we show ourselves in the better light in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

John Michael Vincent Auditor
Sales Account Executive

Reviewed 25 May 2019 via mobile

If you go in thinking this is a 4/5 hotel you’re going to be disappointed. I’m not sure how it got so many rave reviews. I’d call this a 2.5 or a 3 out of 5. We’ve been staying in modest hotels throughout SE Asia as we’re traveling a few months. This is definitely the most modest of them all, i would call it a click up from a private room in a hostel.

The rooms are very very basic. They’re pretty clean, except that there are stains everywhere which never feels good. The bed was clean and pretty comfortable. You can hear the muffled sounds of the nightclub at night, if you are very sensitive to noise be aware. Its not terribly loud so i was fine to sleep.

The two big complaints i had was that the rooms have a mildew smell. The first room we were given the smell was so strong we had to ask for a new room. They were very accommodating and even gave us an upgrade. The second room was better but still had a slight smell.

The second complaint is that the breakfast is inedible. Just be aware that it wont be a perk you can really enjoy.

Contrary to other reviewers i found the staff very friendly and very eager to help us. Only good things to say about them!

Location was good, very close to airport and good spots to eat and drink. Easy for tours to pick you up.

If i has gone in believing this was a 3/5 i think i would have enjoyed my stay more - but the expectations set in other reviews didnt meet reality.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EmpireSuites2019, Sales Account Executive at Empire Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2019

Dear Sladoo,

Good day!

Thank you for taking time to write review on our property and raising your observations and experience during your stay.

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay. I am looking into it to ensure it does not happen again. We always strive to provide the best service to our guests and your comments will surely be taken into account.

I look forward in hearing from you and looking forward to welcome you again at Empire Suites Hotel.

Yours sincerely,