“Place Like Home”

Ranked #62 of 185 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Marikina City, Philippines
“Place Like Home”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Kuya Sam, Kuya Juny, Tatay, Kuya Joel and Toy was so friendly and accommodating (Pinoy na Pinoy sa hospitality) and I'm so thankful for that. Staying at Villa Saturnina is like staying at your own place, the food is good, The Place is excellent and the best thing is near at Honda Bay (walking distance). Me and my girlfriend decided to go to Palawan days before we noticed Kuya Sam, Kuya Sam processed our Underground River in a very short time (Soooooooo thankful). Satisfied with the service they gave us and the hospitality is like they treated us like one of they're FAMILY. If you'll going to Puerto Princesa make sure to go to this Villa and you'll know what I'm saying. Once again thank you... To those people who wants to go to Puerto Princesa, I recommended this Villa and I'll recommend this place to my family, relatives and friends.. Thank you once again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lei G
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Hello Lei! I appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review for Villa Saturnina. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for recommending us to your friends!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wuhan, Hubei, China
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Me and my foreign friends (Radek, Mariano, Evgeniya, Hara) went for a trip around Philippines. Of all the places we have stayed, nothing beats "Villa Saturnina". The room is just perfect. It's clean and well organized. The garden is surrounded with trees and beautiful flowers which makes it a good place to relax after a long and fun day of island hopping. It's also a place to chat with friends while having barbecue. The dining area was excellent; very native. We had fun enjoying the palatable dishes they have prepared. We all ate in the long table that feels like one big family and we had KTV after that. Above all these, are the very accommodating stuff, specially the owner Sam, who attended to our every needs. Me and my foreign friends enjoyed the place a lot for it's very affordable and a perfect place to relax and have fun at the same time. To STAY in is to BELIEVE. ;)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Hello Hara! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a wonderful review. i'm glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay. I hope to hear your band play the next time you visit :)
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Villa Saturnina is a really good place to stay in. Everybody's so friendly and accommodating. Even though I and my boyfriend went there at such a short notice, Sam and the rest of the crew really did there best to get us a slot for the Underground River tour. I would totally recommend this place to my friends. :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tineanthea
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Hello Tine! Thank you for your feedback and for endorsing our place to your friends. I am glad that the experience was great for you, and it was my pleasure to finds ways on getting you your underground river tour slots... See you again soon!
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The service was great and the food was excellent! The people are so accommodating. I also love the whole garden feel when you enter villa saturnina, the place is really quiet and you'll definitely feel at peace. I'll definitely recommend your place to my friends and family. I'd love to comeback and stay there! :)

• Stayed November 2012
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Hi!

Thank you for your great review. I appreciate your recommendation to friends and family members - that would be wonderful! Hope to see you again in your future visits. :)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The owner, firstly, accommodated us at such a short notice. And because of this short notice, there was no guarantee of getting a spot for the Underground River tour. My husband and I only had the one day to make this tour. But Sam bent over backwards and did the best that he could to get us in the tour and he did! All members of the family were approachable and accommodating. The room was nice and clean and so was the bathroom. The location was a bit far from the city centre, which added to its appeal in a way, as it's far from the hustle & bustle of the city. However, places to go to for dinner is a bit limited due to the distance. But then again, you can pre-arrange dinner, with advance notice. Overall, a good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Irma E
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Hello Ms Irma,

Thank you so much for the great review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your tours. More dining and tourist establishments are coming up in this location so there will definitely be more options for dining the next time you visit :)
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Me and My Friend Stay at Villa Saturnina , really love the place super native :) ,
had a great value of accommodation , super friendly ' ikaw nalang ang mahihiya kce they help you ' super affordable yung package, ( Under Ground River , Island Hoping ** City Tour namen sayang aga ng flight pero si tatay ni tour kame :) hehe ** you can contact Sam for more info. Thanks to Tatay and Sr Juni :) will be back soon sabe ni Sr' Juni sila nalang daw ang magpplan for us hehe ** Thank you

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
HI Caysie,

Thanks for the nice review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay despite the short schedule. My dad and Juny also asked me to send their warm regards to you and your friend :) See you next time.
Manila
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Me and my wife really love the place. The place is nothing fancy but certainly is a home away from home. What I love about Villa Saturnina is the friendly and hospitable owner. I also like the ambiance of the place. It reminds me of rural Philippines. The place is within the city but is fortunately far from the sounds of downtown Puerto Princesa. It is very affordable. The owner also cares a lot. He makes sure that you enjoy your stay. It is the place to be when in Puerto Princesa.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Sam N, Owner at Villa Saturnina, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Thank you for the great feedback, Melvin. I hope that you and your wife get to see the Underground River when you come back. Thank you for making Villa Saturnina a part of your first memories as a married couple :)