“A cozy place to stay in PPS” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Purple Fountain Inn
Ranked #5 of 182 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Marikina, Philippines
“A cozy place to stay in PPS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here with friends. I have been to PPS twice but I just want to give this inn a try.

Front desk staff Ms. Ela was very accommodating. Check in process was smooth though we arrived early and waited at the lobby because they were cleaning the rooms. Rooms were clean, affordable and big enough to accommodate a maximum of 4 persons. It has 1 double bed, 1 single bed and a sofa bed. I like the interior design of the room very colourful, chic and modern.

STAFF:
Were very friendly and helpful. What I really like about their front desk staff was when I told them to reserve us at Ka Lui Restaurant on our first night. I was on tour when they called me up and told me that Ka Lui requires a deposit of Php1,000 because we were a group of 8 persons and they suggest that they will just pay it first and will pay them after the tour. Simple things will make the experience better. That thoughtful gesture was greatly appreciated.

FOOD:
I loved the breakfast especially the danggit with egg.. in fact, that was my breakfast for 3 days. Haha!
WHITE FENCE COUNTRY CAFÉ – cozy ambiance and great food here. You gotta try their sizzling Sisig, thin crust pizza, Nasi Goreng meal.

LOCATION:
3 minutes away from the airport
Across one manalo complex
Near other restaurants

I will surely come back to this place.

Room Tip: all rooms are great especially the large family suite. If you want a good WiFi connection stay near...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank sheilalakwatsera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Upon entering the compound, I was easily captured by the beauty of the place. The very playful colors of the exteriors of the structures isn’t hard to miss. I love the combination of the rustic, vintage, shabby-chic and native Filipino elements that constitute the over-all look and feel of the interior design of each and every area of this bed and breakfast place.

There are a lot of native Palawan carvings and statues all over mixed with vintage items, that you never thought would look good together. The windows are Capiz or stained glass, but the architecture is country. I noticed that the roof of the reception area is made with Nipa.

There are several cozy seating areas around the Purple Fountain, but the two most that I loved staying were the gazebo in front of our first room and the porch just outside the reception/front desk. Being inside this place will make you forget you're in the heart of the city because of how relaxing the ambiance that it gives off.

We booked 2 rooms during our stay at Purple Fountain Courtyard Inn, a Standard Room with Porch for our first night (wherein the porch overlooks the courtyard where the gazebo is and purple fountain stands) and a Standard Room for our second night (since our flight was moved the following day, and btw, this is at our own expense because Tiger Airways won’t pay for it even though it is their fault).

Room Rates at Purple Fountain Courtyard Inn includes: Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Private toilet and bath, Hot and cold shower, Cable television, Free Wi-Fi access, Electronic safe, Daily breakfast for two and Complimentary Airport transfers.

There was not much difference between the Standard Room with Porch and a Standard Room except for the price and the large seating area that comes with the former. When we transferred to the Standard Room on the second floor, we still have a mini porch, although the seats doesn’t have comfortable cushions anymore, but were good enough and we have the best view of the courtyard.

Inside the standard rooms, there are 3 beds: 1 double sized bed, one single bed and a day bed. Each room can accommodate 4 people. For less than PHP 2,000 (around USD$45)with that many people who can fit in a room, well don’t you think it’s already such a great deal when most hotels would only allow 2 persons in a room and you have to pay extra for each additional person. Since it’s just me and my husband, we put all our staff on the single bed so that we don’t need to use the closet in the room anymore.

The mattress is ok, but don’t expect 5-star quality ones. Rest assured though that the linens and beddings are fresh and clean. The hotel rooms are well maintained and clean, if you want to have them make up, just let the staff know, they don’t do it unless you ask them to, probably for security purposes. What I noticed though is that they do not have a coffee-making facility inside the room, unlike in most hotels, but it was ok with me. The bathroom share the same design concept as the rest of the place. It is clean too, I didn’t spot any molds and mildew on the tiles or shower curtain and no funky smell as well.

The Service - When I started communicating with the staff of Purple Fountain Courtyard Inn through email, I easily sensed that they’re well-trained with proper customer service skills; especially by the way they answer emails, text messages and how they respond promptly. They were also very helpful when I made a last minute reservation when our flight back to Manila was rescheduled.

The staff are very friendly, polite, efficient and helpful; they always greet you when you see them. I’ve asked for their assistance several times and they were glad to help me out: I borrowed a socket adapter for my camera, packing tape & marker and the front desk handed me one asap; I asked for hot water so I can make coffee for me and my husband and the staff came back with hot water in an electric kettle and tea set; when I ordered drinks they served it on our room’s patio; when I asked them to serve our breakfast in one of the gazebos they happily obliged. They are also always visible around the hotel premises so when you need something you can be sure they’re there to assist you.

I really really loved our stay at Purple Fountain Courtyard Inn! I know I’ve said that over and over again, but can you blame me? Purple Fountain is truly an eye-candy, with super affordable & quality accommodations, awesome service and comfortable atmosphere! If ever I’ll go back to Puerto Princesa sometime in the near future, I already know where I’ll be staying…

Room Tip: choose the standard room with patio, it's just a hundred pesos more than the standard room but w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The tour guide was friendly and very accommodating. She managed to make our parents enjoy the trip despite the rainy weather when we were there.

Hotel/ Inn was fine, suited our budget well. The food was above average so I can't complain.
The highlights of the experience were the island hopping tour and the underground cave. We will be back, that's for sure!

Room Tip: it depends on how many individuals are on the trip. The rooms are excellent for group travel with fa...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Saturday April 26, 2014 we arrived at palawan puerto princesa but we've check-in the other day April 27. After arrival we stayed the night in my friends cousin's house. The Hotel pictures from web is the same in actual, beautiful colors, relaxing view, clean room and other than that no noisy/drunk neighbors not like other hotels that needs adobe photoshop for their pictures. :) The room is not costly, actually we saw a deal from metrodeal for 888 3days and 2 nights with breakfast and van transfer from airport - hotel - airport. The complimentary breakfast is great as you get to choose from a variety of food combinations. They are also served on time. The staffs are friendly and helpful. they always smile and greet the guests.

This is the most Extra Ordinary Experience here in Hotel. My Girlfriend's Cellphone was left in the hotel. Our flight was 5:30pm but we've check-out early in the morning for the city tour. the staff is trying to contact the list of persons in the room were the cp is left. 5:30pm sharp the staff is calling to my number and they said that there was cp left in our room and we found out that it was my gf's cp. the staff is in a hurry to airport to bring back the cp. not more that 5 mins the staff and driver was in the entrance of airport and we're saved. We are lucky the hotel is near the airport and the flight is delayed. :))

We were thinking to have our honeymoon in the hotel. haha
I would highly recommend this place to our friends for a Palawan vacation. (^_^)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank iansibonga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I love this place. I read about it from a blog and I knew I had to stay even for just one night. PF did not disappoint. From the pick up car at the bus terminal to check in and out, the staff were courteous and helpful. The place itself is gorgeous designed. This place is clean and well kept. Breakfast was nice and on time. They also made sure that we don't miss our early morning flight. Our room was very nice and can accommodate up to 4 people comfortably. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cqdt
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

The place is amazing, breakfast is good, service is awesome. Very accesible to everything, and to the airport. Very hospitable, even made an arrangement with ka lui for our special dinner. Will comeback definitely!

• Stayed March 2014
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Surprise & pleasure greeted us upon finding that the bright colors of the Inn beautifully blended & perfectly suited every room. It was a thrill to discover this place–exuding in an atmosphere of comfort, character & quality. The design & décor were pure creativity.It was evident that every detail was meticulously picked down to each piece of furniture yet functionality was achieved! And the adjoining White Fence Café offered an array of divine foods. Prices for both the Inn & Café for its generous portions vis-à-vis Filipino restaurants were reasonable. Without hesitation we give this place a 10!

Room Tip: We checked out all the rooms. They were all beautiful. If you like to have a small private balcony a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family