“Absolutely worth your money”
Review of Puerto Pension Inn

Puerto Pension Inn
Ranked #9 of 199 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed in Deluxe A rooms in the ground floor. The rooms were small but clean. The hot shower was really good. The hotel was located very near to the bay walk and it's just 5 min walk away from the Rizal avenue. The staffs were courteous and the hotel was well maintained. Starting from the airport pickup, the welcome drink and the friendliness of the staffs we absolutely enjoyed our stay in Puerto Pension.
In the morning, there was some construction going on in the hotel and it was kind of disturbing.
The food was ok and the view from the restaurant was simply stunning. We had booked the tour to the underground river through the hotel and we really liked the way they organized the tour. You have to book in advance for the tour!
I would highly recommend this hotel for those who wants to relax after a tiring day. But this hotel is not so good for those who wants to spend some quality time with their loved ones.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Arvind M

Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

I felt i must write a breif thing or two about the beautiful puerto pension.
Ill start with this, clearly they have a new manager or owner or they simply dont care the direction pension ia heading. I booked deluxe room for 2 and asked to have this for a week at 1,590p after staying a few days they said i had to move because someone has booked the room... hmmmmm but my booking was for a week and they asked me to move to a smaller room in 3 days all so they could accomadate a large group(poor planning)

4th floor resto and service,
Our first day for dining in on the 4th floor to catch the amazing sunset(a must if in puerto)
However this is when thinga took a bad turn
We ordered adobo and a famous puerto pension pizza, we were informed they did not have these items availible
.. ok so here is a pension that is in middle of the city and cant even fill there menus they present to there guest and brag about there 4th floor resto..
However iam not going to be to judgementel the first day.. long story short each day we went to the resto to order food after long day trips outside and not feeling to go out again agai we ordered but this tims famous puerto inasal(chicken leg) and surpise they just ran outbut the waiter said we have no foods much anymore becoz we make new menu and ready soon. So this means same thing again eggs and bacaon .. now yes we could have dinned outside but they rabed abour how goothere resto is but its not and lastly they ran out of ice at 6pm one noght and said no more... hmmm why could they not go and gget some 3min away for rhe other guests.. there reply "no money" hm no dood no ice and upon check out im told its becoz they have a low season... well my time here there was allot of people and people eatting in resto with disgust. Come pueeto pension mamagement get it together and dont make your staff look so poor and even when i asked the so called manager all she did was blame the stagf well ms the staff cant order for your resto as you have to sign for everythin. Thanks iam done and i hope this review stops and makes people re think before staying here again or for the first time.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank SirWade
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed in the room just beneath the restaurant (top floor).
The room is very clean and peaceful. (Surely you can Relax)
People are friendly and supportive (most especially the reception people)
The location very near the baywalk. (good at night for romantic type scene)

So, I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Rooms at the corner, beneath the restaurant.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VLWVN
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I originally wanted to stay at Daluon Beach and Mountain resort, but given the time constraints with the travel to and from the airport I had to have a change of plans. Luckily, I chanced upon Puerto Pension, and was so excited to see that it is under the same management as Daluyon. I sent an email inquiry and was responded to in a very timely manner. The person I was coordinating with was very patient with all of my questions which I found a good indication of how their service would be. An airport pick-up service was provided for us upon our arrival, unlike any conventional van they actually drove a very spacious airconditioned jeepney. The ride from the airport was smooth and the staff were very pleasant when we arrived. Cold welcome drinks were served and our room was ready despite us arriving an hour before the required check-in time.

The ROOM: I was a bit dissapointed with the size of the room considering it was one of the most expensive room they offer. The bathroom was clean with hot and cold shower which was a huge relief. I didn't mind the room size any longer considering we'll be out most of the time anyway. The bed was comfy, but a bit musty. The airconditioning was too noisy and I was not able to sleep well the first night. Now, if you're looking for peace, quiet and privacy I suggest staying at another hotel because having hardwood floors and all, you will actually hear the noise from the rooms above if you are unfortunate enough to be placed in the lower levels - and that for me was the real spoiler. Not to mention some drilling or construction something that was happening at the back of the hotel.

Breakfast was served right on time and the waitstaff were pretty efficient. We didn't get to try their restaurant for lunch or dinner, but I enjoyed their turon con tsokolate when we had coffee there.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for those who are just after a place to sleep after a long day's activities. But if you're looking for some R&R and quality time with someone special, better find another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We are currently staying here, but the only reason that we haven't checked out yet is that the hotel has arranged our trip to the underground river tomorrow - hopefulle the trip is way better than the hotel...

We chose the hotel on the basis of comments here on TripAdvisor, but we got really disappointed. From the outside it looks really nice, but the rooms are nothing like the pictures on the website. They are very small (we have a Deluxe B room) and really dark..!! We have to have the lights on eventhough the sun is shining and we are on the top floor. The view is quite nice as we can see the water and some mountains, but that does not make up for the terrible food they serve at the restaurant here. We had our dinner here last night and the starters came in at the same time as the main courses. The maincourses were sizzling, just like it said in the menucard, but we had to wait for the rice so the sizzling hot food went more or less cold. Moreover, it is quite bad when your are not sure that the chicken you ordered is in fact chicken.

The breakfast is included in the room, but the only thing worth eating was the toast. The eggs were funny tasting and the juice was very synthetic. I'm not picky, but that breakfast was just wrong!

My advice: Find somewhere else to stay. It is not worth the money here! We are checking out two days prior than planned.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Janne B
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We had a wonderful time at Puerto Princesa probably because we chose the right place to stay in. Puerto Pension's nothing grand--design/decor-wise. But we just loved its native/nature- inspired settings. Nothing but good vibes in this place, starting from the cheerful guy who picked us up from the airport to the very wonderful receptionist who was kind enough to give to us the only room with a view. The restaurant staff are friendly too.

The room is kinda cramped but you'll forget about it once you wake up with a beautiful view of the bay. Wi-fi is weak, we have to go to the veranda to use it. The restaurant has a stunning view of the bay as well. Nice place to hang out in.

I also have to mention that every night, after a tiring day touring the city or islands, once you enter your room, you'll find inspiring notes/messages and candies in your bed, sent by the people of Puerto Pension. Sweet.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AuiManila
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My sister and I wanted an all Filipino experience, with all the comforts of a city. First priority was cleanness. Second was quick access to the city. Well we got more than all that. This place has the Filipino look of native products in the room while remaining very very clean. It is a 5 minute walk to the center market and the pedicabs are as cheap as Php 8 or US 20 cents/ person/ per trip. We got more than we bargained for. Maribel, the front desk lady, must be the best concierge we have ever met. She is world class in kindness and efficiency.

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the top floor because the view from the balcony is much better than lower floor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends