Very fast and efficient. Ms. Mary Rose (manager) promptly replies to all emails & queries. Once I emailed the scanned copy of the deposit slip, my booking has been confirmed.
The booking comes with free RT airport transfers which is very convenient. Check-in time is around 2pm but they accommodated us for early check-in. We availed of the family cottage (Dahlia) and it has 2 air-conditioned bedrooms. The living room is provided with TV and Mini-Ref. The toilet and bath is clean, there is hot water available anytime. Water pressure is ok. As it was “kubo type”, I was expecting the “filipiniana” theme to extend to bathroom, but there was no pail and tabo. Towels, shampoo, soap and tissue roll are provided. Accommodation comes with free daily breakfast. The staff will already get your order the night before so that once you seat yourself in the restaurant; the food will be available after a few minutes.
Facilities: Pool is clean and with depth of 3 to 5 feet. There is restaurant, a videoke within the restaurant, one billiard table (near our cottage).
Areas for improvement: 1. Prepare cash as they will charge additional 6% for credit card transactions (which is illegal, btw) 2. There is no closet inside the bedroom, no space where to hang your clothes. There is a table of sorts where you can put your bag (so all your clothes are inside the bag). 3. For those who will be availing of the Day Tour: the shower area near the pool needs drastic improvement. There is only 1 working shower and 1 faucet, when it seems the shower area is for use of 3-4 pax at a time. 4. We rented the family room but we were only provided with 1 glass, while other rooms (good for 3) have two glasses.
1. Bring mosquito repellant. Once I entered the PPC Airport, I noticed that there are lots of mosquitoes. Even inside fastfood shops, there are mosquitoes. The resort puts mosquito coil outside the cottage.
2. Book for the Underground River Tour with the resort at least a month in advance because permits are not easy to get. But DIY the City Tour and Honda Bay Tour. Instead of spending P600/pax and P1,100/pax respectively, you can lessen your cost/head if you do the tour on your own. For example, renting a van for the city tour is P1,500 which is good for 5 hrs compared to the organized tour of 4 hrs (at 4 pax, we spent P2,400). Savings of P900 which you can already use for pasalubong. Honda bay tour for 4 pax is P4,400, whereas DIY will cost you P1,500 for the van (drop off and pick-up) and P,1500 for the boat (good for 6). Total of P3,000 only, with savings of P1,400 which you can spend for your lunch. Besides, you'll get to control the time spent in each sites unlike booking the tours with resort and they will lump you with their other guests. It was a hassle sharing a van and boat with people you don't know and you have to be mindful of the time you spent on each site.
Positive tone: Kawayanan Resort has friendly and accommodating people, from the manager down to the housekeeping staff, drivers even the freelance tour guide that they hire. The resort is located quite far from the airport so you won't hear the take-off and landing of planes, unlike the inns or lodging near the city proper. The place is quite restful.
While there are areas for improvement, the good outweighs the bad and I will definitely go back here in case I'll be in PPC again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- a resort within the city that provides comfort, privacy and security. Only ten minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Kawayanan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kawayanan Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Kawayanan Resort Puerto Princesa
- Kawayanan Resort Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa