“quiet and friendly staffs. :)”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Princesa
Niko's Cabanas & Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Baguio, Philippines
“quiet and friendly staffs. :)”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Me and my korean boyfriend booked in nikko's last april 2013 for our 2nd year anniversary, their check in time is 2pm and we arrived at 12pm but our room is already ready and they let us checked in immediately with welcome drinks. Not common for other resorts but nikko's really deserve two thumbs up.. they also fixed our tours and always remind us of our schedules.
Disadvantage: far from city proper and food are just so so but its the courteous and kind staffs that will really make u feel at home..

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfy.. they can help u with ur choice of room and accomodation. :)
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lou Jielyn s

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Baiersbronn, Germany
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Niko's Cabanas Resort is situated in a quiet area of Puerto Princesa. The resort includes several cottages, each with bath and spacious bedroom. They are equiped with aircondition, fan, TV set and refrigerator. The warm and cold water is available all 24 hours. The resort provides free pick up service from and to the airport. The breakfast is included, lunch and dinner can be ordered and taken in the resort restaurant. The food was tasty, the cottages clean and comfortable.The staff was friendly and cooperative.

The resort is suitable for everybody looking for quiet place in green. The sea can be reached by tricycle within about 15 minutes. The visitors can also use the swimming pool of the resort. My wife and me have enjoyed the stay there very much. We would like to recomed it to all tourists looking for comfortable accomodations with acceptable prices.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peter K
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We had our most recent trip to Puerto Princesa Palawan with my niece and nephews, my sister and her husband, my mom and my boyfriend (the usual trip buddies) on February 23-26,2013. It was not new to us as we have traveled almost everywhere. It was my sister who booked the hotel and arranged everything. My sister has been considering a lot of hotel and asks me for my opinion but I gave her the benefit of the doubt since my sister has been very good with choosing a great hotel from our previous trips.
One of the things that made her choose Niko's Cabanas is their swimming pool. We have kids with us who would definitely enjoy the pool and not get bored at all. We contacted and sent them email confirming our intent to stay at their 2 Deluxe rooms. We also asked them to arrange our schedule to Underground River and Island Hopping. It was nearly 45 days from our trip when we contacted them. My sister was so worried of not getting a scheduled trip to UR as we have read somewhere that the local government only allows up to 900 visitors per day and have to book at least 45 days before the desired trip. The hotel has not replied to us properly so my sister got upset as she doesn't want to waste the opportunity going to Palawan and not get the chance to see the UR. Luckily, they answered us with "yes" they booked us based on our own itinerary.
The driver of the shuttle was so accommodating. I had some problems with my luggage being left behind in transit but he patiently waited for us. When we arrived, the hotel was so quiet. Even there were some other guests around, I didn't hear much noise at all. It was peaceful. My niece and nephews were enjoying the pool when we arrived. The room was clean, the bathroom is spacious, hot and cold shower's available.There were two queen size beds which is enough for me, my boyfriend and mom though the television was a bit old fashion. I was able to use their phone free to contact the airline for my luggage.
The food was good; the hotel staffs were friendly and accommodating too. It was a bit odd though that on our last day, we were asked to get all our things ready early in the morning as we will be leaving for honda bay tour. They transferred our things to their office as they need the room to get cleaned for the courtesy of the next user. I just felt a little bit off on that as it was not our time to check out yet.
Anyway, The total experience were great and I recommend you guys to try it out.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenlovesryl
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Very good budget place with nice pool and huge garden, where children can safely play. Rooms are very average, could be better. The restaurant is ok, included breakfast is good.
Staff is very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Marjeta M
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Niko's is a delightful oasis in the noisy city. It is not a good choice for a long stay as it is too far from restaurants and shops. The rooms are small and a little drab (1970s brown predominates) however the pool and gardens are very restful. Breakfasts are good, with pleny of fresh fruit but the evening meal was not inspiring. Staff are very friendly & helpful and the free shuttle to the airport was much appreciated.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank zhuhai2007
Mandaue, Philippines
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Just wanna tell the world how beautiful is Niko's Cabanas. Their place is so quiet plus a very friendly and a very accommodating staff. My vacation indeed in Palawan was so great simply because we chose the right place to stay with a right service and with the right people.

Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Always look for Niko's Cabanas and you would never go wrong. The place is so perfect for a vacat...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jho F
Singapore
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We arrived at the Hotel late evening aftre recieving our email Confirmation from a well-known on-line Agency, (not Tripadvisor). When we arrived the hotel was unaware of us and had no rooms available. HOWEVER, the Receptionist not only gave us a welcoming drink and found us another hotel with availability in Puerto Princesa but she arranged for the Nikos mini-bus to take us all the way back into town!
With that kind of service how can anyone go wrong with Nikos Cabanas? We were both very, very impressed!
We would like to comment on Nikos Cabanas further but maybe next time....!

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple