“Practical accomodation” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 47 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Pasay
“Practical accomodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Location is good. Hotel is near the well-known restaurants in the Puerto Princesa area. I was not really expecting a 5-star quality type of room since I booked cheap package tour. Room was clean which just about makes the stay worthwhile. Early check-in was no problem at all since we had an early flight. One downside was the breakfast. I had better at home. But what can I say, cheap package so why expect more. Overall, it was very good for a very low price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KingSevens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Been staying there for more than a year during my frequent visits to palawan (2x per month), stayed there coz of its wide space. You need to get use to the place to apreciate it but always I have to transfer to diff rooms to accomodate incoming guest... I stay there for 1week at a time... They have an irritating rodent problem... And my recent experience will definitely be my last... I checked in to my usual room since wifi signal is important to me, instead of immediately booking me, they called a non-confirmed guest asking if they are coming! Now you tell me how insulting is that...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Cris D

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Princesa hotels

Las Pinas, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Its just near the airport and tricycle away from the restaurant bay. Staff were accommodating, friendly, service oriented but the room that we had wasn't that tidy. Every time we go back to our room, I always notice rodent's remains in our tables and bed. In fairness to the receptionists, they will always remind you of your call time. I don't know if the delay in our trips has something to do with the agency or the hotel but we were always picked up late. Food they served were great including the restaurant itself. Wi-fi Services are free in 2 locations - Restaurant and Reception.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank AbbyTanch
Hoi An
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I found this pension by coincidence, beeing driven by a tricycle around the streets of PP, looking for accommodation. When I arrived my intention was staying for a couple of days, but I eventually ended up staying eight days because I liked the place so well. The staff is the pensions real asset, with a warm, friendly way of addressing you, helping their clients with every kind of problem. My room (executive) was spacious with TV and fridge. There is a roof terrace in the pension, full of different plants and flowers, functioning as a bar and restaurant. A peaceful oasis for a tranquil breakfast, dinner or just a cold beer. I will definitely recommend this pension.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Vegard K
Makati City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

I've been tasked to look research for our 4-day trip here. Based on the reviews from different web sources, liberty pension is one of the highly recommended pension houses located in the city because of its cleanliness and good service. I made a reservation in the net 2 days before our trip.

We were fetched in the airport by their van in the airport. We did not have to wait in the reception since the room is already ready. The room given to us was near the lobby (a lot of mosquitos here at night). It was small but still bearable but the comfort room is bad. THere were still sand in the shower area. THe tiles are not clean as well. If it was not for the tours and our things, we would have transferred to other pension houses nearby. Was so disappointed since there are a lot of reviews which say that the pension house is really valuable. And with the price, I recommend you to consider other pension houses.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank blueberri
manila
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

I went to PP last Jan 13 to Jan 16, 2011 to celebrate my birthday with my partner and stayed in this hotel as recommended by our agent. We were originally booked in a Suite Room which is located beside the reception. Suite room is really small and I dont feel comfortable since it's near the entrance(it might be noisy and uncomfortable to sleep- who knows?). We requested to be transferred on the 2nd floor and was given a DeLuxed room but we are advised that an additional rate is required since it is not the room stated on the package quoted by our agent. We agreed to pay additional PHP150 per night ( 150PHP is nothing to comfort). The room is bigger with a double bed and a single bed. We only used the double bed and placed all our stuff on the single bed. Comforter is quite small, would only be sufficient for 1 person! And I hated their pillows cause it's quite stiff which made it very uncomfortable to use ( you'll have stiff neck when you wake up if you're not used to it). I used the towels instead everytime I sleep.
bathroom is simple but clean. their heater is not working properly for I cannot adjust the temperature. This issue was already stated on of the reviews here, just browse and you will find. im wondering why cant the management fix it.
Accomodation includes free breakfast which was quite average.. Danggit (dried fish), garlic rice, coffee and banana on our 1st and 3rd day while omelet with toasted bread on our 2nd day (I dont like this that much but i dont have a choice since its the only option).
Restaurant is located on the 3rd floor and mind you, you should wear pants since there are plenty of GIANT mosquitoes in here. When I went back to Manila, I have huge red patches on my legs eventhough I used OFF mosquito repellent lotion.
Home service will be given if you ask them, so you should ASK!!!
the place is quite and really safe.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ManilaAnne
Manika
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

Overall good value , however contrary to their website advertising wifi internet connections , there is no WIFI at all.

aircon very noisy