“our getaway home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bohol Island
Whites & Greens Beach Resort
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“our getaway home”
Reviewed 8 October 2011

The people are nice and the rooms are very affordable. It is only for 2,000 php per nyt ( 2 pax) but you can add beds for 300php each. The best part is that the breakfast is for free. It is just right for us because we spent most of the time in country tour and sea tour. The rooms is just right in front of the beach. I will surely go back and on the second time I will bring my family with me.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Maffster_17

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
glorietta, makati
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Home to me for 4 days. Their facebook page states that it is no-frills so I already knew not to expect 5-star amenities. It’s budget friendly at Php 2,000/night (price good up to 2 pax) for a spacious, air- conditioned room at a beachfront resort. No tv, no swimming pool, no ref in the room but that’s alright. I went there for the beach and only needed a place to keep my belongings and a place to wash-up and sleep at night. Free breakfast is a simple fare of egg, corned beef hash, rice, and banana or 2 small sausages in place of the corned beef hash. I thought I’d still be hungry after eating it but it turned out to be sufficient. Restaurant menu is 1 page consisting of simple home-cooked type of meals. Taste is average. Viand comes with rice at Php 190. Viand serving size will surely fill-up 1 person and may still be enough for 2 people on a diet or who don’t each much viand but consumes a lot of rice. Pansit bihon/canton is Php 140 just enough for 1 person if you’re only eating that, could be enough for 2 persons for light snack since they serve it with 2 slices of bread (I think you can even exchange the bread for rice). Egg sandwich at Php 60 is filling —it has 3 layers of loaf slices and adequate egg stuffing. Cheese sticks at P50 good for 2 persons if eating it as appetizer.

Other observations:

+ Peaceful beachfront!!! Its garden patches and cute rustic bungalow rooms gives the place a very homey feel. They have chairs made from tire rubber on the beachfront that are comfy to sit on.
+ Just 10 minutes walk to Bohol Beach Club and that’s at a slow leisurely pace along the beach. In between BBC and W&G you can find other places to dine.
+ They assigned kuya Edgar Arce as my tour guide for my countryside tour. He was very pleasant and did not limit my time to enjoy the spots.
+ They don’t have hot shower but frontdesk gladly sent hot water in a kettle to my room for my bathing use
+ sheets/pillows were spotless and smelled fresh and clean
+ though the towels don’t look new, it smelled fresh and clean too
+ staff were approachable and served with a smile. They seemed happy to work there.
+ I was looking forward to buko juice but they didn’t have it on the menu. When I commented about it, the staff at the restaurant said they do have buko juice … it’s free! He picked the coconut from one of the coco trees of the resort.
+ Neo the manager quickly and patiently replied to my long list of inquiries.
+ She was also upfront to give me a heads-up that the water in the faucet/shower is a bit salty because they use the water supply from the local government. Anyway, I just brought along my own mineral water to be sure I won’t be using salty water for brushing my teeth.
+ In case you didn’t bring your own drinking water, they have free hot/cold mineral water dispenser avail 24hrs. It’s very accessible especially if you’re staying at room/bungalow #3 to #6.
+ Mr. Ed Tumanda (owner) greeting and having small talk with guests gave the place an even more welcoming feel. I saw him there 3 out of the 4 days of my stay.

- there was an unpleasant smell coming from (i think) the toilet bowl. Good thing I always travel w/ Lysol spray.
- One room I stayed at had usual cabinet with doors, while the other one had open type cabinet. I hope all rooms have open-type cabinet very useful for airing out wet stuff. I also hope they put more racks and hooks inside the room because the open-type cabinet might not be enough for 2 or more people sharing the room.
- Free wifi wasn’t always available.

Overall, I had a great time @ W&G! I want to go back.

Room Tip: if you want more bed space, ask for room w/ 2single beds. put together you get a bigger bed compared...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank bearistagirl
Santa Maria, Bulacan, Philippines
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stay there for just one night. We are four persons in our late 20's. We check in at 10pm. Our booking with them was easy and prompt compared to Dumaluan Resort. People there is accommodating. We pick this place because it is beachfront at on of the cheapest. P2000 per room plus P300 for extra person. Our room number is 1. I don't know with the other rooms but our room sucks. First, the water tastes like salt. Imagine brushing your teeth with salt water and gargling. It was painful in your lips and mouth. Second, the flush handle is broken. I don't understand why don't repair it. If you try to flush it using your bare hands you will got hurt. So try using cloth or tissue. Third, you have nowhere to hang your wet towels. We are planning to use it again but want it to get dry first. We have to satisfy ourselves to improvise using the curtains and doorknobs. I think that at least those three are just basic in every room. We didn't mind the breakfast with 2 small sausages. I will have to content myself with it's price and the people being easy to deal with. But i know, there are still other places with the same rate but with convenient rooms.

If the management of Whites and Greens Beach Resort read this, please repair your rooms and improve the quality of water there even if it is not for drinking. I like it because it's beachfront, but that's it.

Room Tip: avoid room number 1
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank ims08
philippines
Reviewed 15 March 2011

we were picked up at the airport by the driver( they charged PHP1,000 for roundtrip air transfer). we arrived friday and they allowed early check-in. there were only 2 beds and they just provided a thin mattress for the 3rd person. there was no trashcan in the cr. there was no doormat outside the door which caused our room's floor to be dirty ( sand on our feet of course). no water heater too. their restaurant has overpriced food and small servings. we ate there on our first night dinner and we were disappointed. the beachfront was also not that clean when we got there friday morning so we hung-out at the dumaluan 2 beachfront which was great because we could order drinks and food by the beach..
by the way , the lounge chairs of whites and greens on their beachfront look rotten :( we hung-out in the whites and greens beach only on our last day before our flight for a very short swim before we leave. during the nights, we hung-out at dumaluan 2's restaurant which has a band and a wide selection of cocktail drinks..
there was wifi in WG's restaurant but not all the time. when we were there we were able to use it one time and no more!
the only good thing is that the owner and staff were all polite and friendly. and also fast e-mail communication with ms. neo before we got there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank sheryll19
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Just got back from our stay at Bohol and I can say that we had a very great time during our entire stay in the island.
We had our vacation last Sunday March 13 for 3D/2N and spend it at Whites and Greens.
We're very thankful of how they accommodated us. From the day tour, the Balicasag experience, to the food that they served, and the customer service that they gave. They took care of everything.
1.0 Day Tour :
To start of, let me introduce Kuya "Edgar Arce", our tour guide. He was very polite and was never late. No time pressure and you can drop off any place you want (to take pictures or just even hang-out). He even suggests spots and best souvenir shops in town where you can save much. You can ask W&G to have him as your guide.
2.0 The Resort:
Whites and Greens (W&G) is located in the beachfront right beside Dumaluan Beach Resort (DBR). Rooms are very spacious, airconditioned, and clean. The staff are very kind, we never heard any complaints even though we ask them from time to time. W&G also offered us free food during our stay at the resort (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner). 3 variants in every meal for our group (7 pax), plus unlimited rice. whoah! =) We also had a chat with the owner who's been very approachable (He always asks us how's our stay and if everything is ok). The sand is soft and white, you can really enjoy walking without hurting your feet. W&G also allowed us to use their kayak for FREE. I remembered passing along Dumaluan when someone asked us how much is the rent for it, we answered it's for free. She was frustrated knowing that you have to rent it first at DBR.
But DBR is also amazing especially during night, the lights and the band are plus for them. (Not exactly sure though how customer service works for them)

Bottomline, if you're planning to spend your vacation in Bohol and you want to have a budget friendly place I strongly recommend W&G. Good customer service, nice beachfront, and a very peaceful and relaxing place.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank mimiyaka
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 8 February 2011

It's funny how some people expect five star amenities when they're paying measly 47USD/night. I could say that staying in W&G was a blessing in disguise, Choosing W&G was a spur-of-the moment, Someone was suppose to fix our itinerary but it's a long story so thus we end up looking for last minute accomodations and guides for our trip. We availed of Kuya Tatky's services, he's such a cool guide and he's really good with kids. My son even asked if we'll see him again the next day, if he'll still be our guide. Coz he's so fond of him.

For just $47USD/ night, free airport shuttle service to and from if staying for a minimum of 3 nights stay. W&G is truly a GEM in Dumaluan Beach. Another plus that I may add is their immediate and speedy coordination thru emails and sms. I often would email Ms. Neo and she'd definitely reply minutes after. As first time "Bohol go-ers" that alone gave us an assurance that our stay would be A-OK.
Another plus is their Driver "Kuya Rey" calling me at work a day before our arrival in Tagbilaran, to confirm our arrival and introduced himself as well. Even if management has assured us that there'll be a van assigned to pick us up.These kind gestures of the W&G staff makes you realize that getting their services is a wise choice. I miss dining at their resto and having friendly chit-chats with the owners. They are like family. Accomodating and super friendly.

I scouted and emailed nearby resorts and they'd definitely charge more and will not offer free pick-up from the airport. They do have these options but of course you'd have to pay extra. P500-P600

I would definitely stay here again if we go back to Bohol.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank anythingoes
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We were at whites and greens beach resort last January 29 and we really had a good time. We arrived in the afternoon after our Bohol countryside tour and we were amazed with their beach front.. the staff were friendly and even told us to approach them in case we needed anything. Actually, one of my friend wasn't feeling well that time. One of their staff went to town and bought medicines. The rooms are nice and complete... and the restaurant is wi-fi zone too! Its a good place to stay for those on a budget.. In the morning, the beach was more fascinating! It was low tide and sea creatures are all around such as sea urchin, star fish, small crabs! Everything was great. Before we left, we were able to speak to the manager and he even offered us a package tour the next time we come back to their resort. Panglao is definitely one of the best with its powder-like sand, amazing beaches and nice people.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank joifull
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bohol Island
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 11 in Tagbilaran City
#3 of 49 in Panglao Island
Whites and Greens Beach Resort
Whites and Greens Beach Resort
#36 of 88 in Panglao Island

Been to Whites & Greens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!