“Amazing underwater experience”

Philippine Fun Divers, Inc.
Ranked #1 of 33 Tours in Bohol Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: PHILIPPINE FUN DIVERS is a PADI 5-Star Dive Resort! TOP OF THE LINE, TOP OF THEIR GAME, YOU CAN'T TOP IT! Dedicated to only giving the best of Scuba Fun Diving, Scuba Diving Safaris, PADI Courses and Specialty Courses to our customers. We offer Day Trips, Shore Dives and Safaris to the most famous islands around us, such as Panglao Island, Balicasag Island, Cabilao Island, Pamilacan Island, Siquijor Island, Apo Island and Sumilon Island. Teaching the full range of PADI Courses is our other passion. We teach all courses in English, German, Japanese, Tagalog, Bisayan and Italian. We are well known for our great, spacious and classy dive boats. The boat fleet: Two amazing, traditional Banka Boats with 30 divers each capacity, One 16 seater Speedboat, One 10-Seater Speedboat, and One 6-Seater Speedboat. Going the extra mile can be expected every time you visit us here at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol. Holger the President, Rena the Manager and the rest of the professional team welcomes you to paradise. See you soon for unforgettable under water adventures surrounded by amazing creatures (and people)! Please write us an email in order to get your customized Scuba Fun Diving/PADI Course - Accommodation - Round Trip Transfer - Sight Seeing Package for a great deal! And don't worry, we will take your pictures and videos if requested! Thank you very much, Vielen Dank, Domo arigato gozaimashita, Maraming Salamat, Daghang Salamat, Grazie, Je vous remercie and to all people from other countries (and please tell us what Thank You means when you are here with us)
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had our PADI OWD course with Philippine Fun Divers and made a great experience! Frank was a very professional instructor! we had great fun and always felt very safe during our first dives...Danke Frank! *highly recommended*

Reviewed 28 May 2014

As others have said - I can't recommend Philippine Fun Divers enough. We dove with them on three different days and they are the best. The equipment is new and in great condition, the boats are good, and they keep the number of divers to a quality level (i.e., not a giant herd). As important, the crew is very helpful with everything, from taking your equipment out, to helping you in and out of the water, to the pre-dive overview, and then pointing out interesting things while on the dive, all with a high respect for preserving the reef life. Each time we went to Balacasag island, which was fantastic. Great coral and critter life. We stayed at Lost Horizon, which is attached, but they accommodate people staying anywhere.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very pleased with our experience at Philippine Fun Divers - we were staying at a hotel ten minutes walk away and there was an immediate offer to pick up our diving gear for us. We did six dives with the company and couldn't fault them from start to end. After four dives at Balicasag, we were able to discuss and choose alternative sites where we could look for different critters - our dive guide Edgar had a very good eye and found some great stuff including a Spear Thrower Mantis Shrimp - always good to see something new. We were also very impressed with the way the company accommodated the needs of a disabled diver.

1  Thank CaroleM57
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I had my PADI open water diver course with them. From inquiry to course completion they were amazingly consistent with their great customer service!!! Liza was very quick and concise in answering ALL my inquiries, may it be about the course or about information about panglao. She even went and gave me a comparison of the scuba diver course and the owd course to help me in my decision-making. I also asked for a day off in between my course and they were more than happy to adjust the schedule for it.

I was fortunate to be taught by frank, who was very very very patient,kind and knowledgeable. He patiently waited for me to do as many tries as I can until I can get the exercises right and would give praise when i finally get it. He was also very reassuring during those times i would get scared. He was also very comprehensive on the lessons and even giving tips to make some things easier. He was also very patient in answering all the questions i have and explained well the things i didn't understand completely.

In reality, all PADI owd course are the same, the contents and all but it's the manner of teaching that makes learning more fun or more difficult. I couldn't compare how other dive shops offer theirs as it would be crazy to do two of the same course but I've had other teachers and I would definitely say that frank is one of the best i've had.

So, I strongly recommend Philippine Fun Divers if you're looking for a dive shop with a good value for money and a great learning and diving experience!:)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I couldn’t recommend Philippine Fun Divers enough.

It was basically some of the best few days my boyfriend and I had on our holiday and the fact that our instructors were so great definitely contributes to this. Our few days training for our Open Water certification were spent with Frank, our Dive Master, and Ian, Dive master in training. All the reviews below are more than accurate – they were knowledgeable in every area, which of course put us completely at ease.

I didn’t doubt that there was anything diving-related that they wouldn’t be able to tell us – we were even answered silly and almost non-related dive questions like “Do fish sleep?”. Thanks to Frank, we now know that fish do sleep (they just don’t have eyelids!)

We were lucky enough to have our first certified dives out in Balicasag with Frank in Ian, which was great, because over the course of our few days together, they knew our diving level and style, as well as what we wanted to see underwater.

They were patient when we didn’t understand something and were happy to take the time to made sure we knew everything enough to feel comfortable once we went into the ocean.

I’m sure that if we didn’t have instructors like them that it would’ve taken away from the whole experience. In fact, I would’ve loved to spend a few more days diving with them and have Philippine Fun Divers as our hub. Since we’ve left, it’s felt like we’ve left summer camp and parted ways with good friends!