“Nice hotel for a remote location but needs some work that is long overdue”

Baymont Inn & Suites Albany
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 28 August 2013

For a visit to Dale Hollow Lake or Lake Cumberland this hotel is a great spot, close to both.
Positives:
location, free breakfast, free internet, free parking,limited fitness center

Negatives:
Sheets were so worn we thought they had sand or dirt on them, we had them changed and noticed you could see through them. Cleaning crew missed our room about half of the time.
Hotel is 10 years old, structure is solid but everything else needs to be updated.
Smells moldy inside as none of the hotel windows open and its humid in this region.
Front desk gives you 1-2 sheets of paper at a time for printing (really?) in the business center and the printer ended up not working. Computer is 10 years old so hope you aren't in a hurry.
Food for breakfast isn't keep full and was generally all gone 30 minutes before the breakfast period ended.
Decor in lobby is very strange, not sure how to explain it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BDBoomer
Jim S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 606-387-7238.

Jim Soma

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very happy with my stay! I would recommend this hotel to my family! it is very clean! I'm very picky about where I stay! my room was clean! the maid service was great! front desk answered all my questions and was very friendly! if I'm ever in the area again I will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013
Jim S, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Limited choices in this area, but this is the best available. Very clean and quiet. Well off the road, but easily visible on main highway. No restaurants nearby, but some in town. This survey is making me submit 200 characters, so the rest of this does not pertain to the lodging property. I am just filling in space to come up with 200 characters. I hope this is enough. You probably hope so also.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Albany last year the same weekend. I had an even better experience this year! The hotel is spotless. The breakfast is ok for free (please add brewed decaf coffee!) This year we were on the first floor in room 115. They had upgraded to flat screen tvs which was nice. Our room was very clean. The bath while not fancy was very clean. The staff is friendly and efficient. There isn't a lot of places to eat in the area, it would nice if that would improve before our next trip in June 2014!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the ice machine and the breakfast room. I've now stayed on the first and s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jbun906
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This had the friendliest of staff. They were able to help with locating a good gas station & flea market. The breakfast was good & area was clean. In the room the fridge & microwave were on the floor but it was clean. There was only a small table to work on. The shower could have used more pressure. There was no hot tub, the pool was cold and had towels around the windows & door; the exercise room was absolutely freezing! Although for the size of the hotel it was well equipped. I got chilled waiting for the sauna to warm up; finally gave up & took a warm shower in the room. I gave an average rating for the spa because of the temp & lack of hot tub. I also gave averages for the room because I didn't like the fact of the fridge being on the floor. How hard is it to find a small table? To me it was a little pricey. It was $112. for one night :/

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2013

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The minute I entered the property I knew I was going to regret this reservation. Extremely outdated hotel with a worn down decor. Hallways had stained carpets and smelled of smoke. Then went ont to the next dissapointment, the room: linens CLEARLY not clean, room furniture had crumbs and hair from previous occupants.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2012

WE made reservations, in person on August 5, 2012 for September1, 2012. Arrived on 9/1 to be told that the rooms on the first floor were not availble( no notification before hand)Terrible place to stay. Rude staff, untrained staff, rooms hot. Staff was lost as last years Easter eggs. Breakfast Bar was a JOKE( no creamer, milk, food as not available, we had to find someone to get the basic foods for the kids). Rooms that were requested were not available at 4:00p.m., but at change of shift manager the ground floor room were available, what gives? Check in clerk was unable to do a simple credit card tranaction. The morning desk clerk( a YANKEE tranplant) was rude and loud. Not a family friendly place to stay. Will not stay there again, we visit that area several times a year. Staff in desparate need of training and SUPERVISION. It is a place to waste you money, value for dollars spent ZERO.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albany
Lake Cumberland State Resort
Best Western Lake Cumberland Inn
Royal Inn Motel
Royal Inn Motel
#2 of 2 in Albany
Dale Hollow Lake State Resort (Mary Ray Oaken Lodge)
Alpine Motel
Alpine Motel
#1 of 2 in Burkesville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Albany? Share your experiences!