“Too expensive for nothing much!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Albany
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Albany
A TripAdvisor Member
Winchester, California
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here quite a few times. So I am finally doing a review after all this, but tonight has me reaklly pissed.
I am all about saving a buck but when I am doing laundry and set it for warm wash, I'm expecting warm water not cold or even tap water. During my investigation I found that the hot water hose was turned off. Okay it's enough that itncost $2.00 a load but at least let me do my laundry the temps that I want not what you wantnto save a buck on.
I am active duty and every year I ask the question when I am in if there is a military discount and of course every year itnis the same but I must always ask anyway. The past three years has been if you are active reserve doing your weekend thing you get a discount. No disrespect toward my fellow military brothers and sisters butnwhat in the hell does activenreservenhave

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jim S, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Dear Guest

thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience your experience may have caused you. We strive to exceed our guest' expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I don't mind paying $100 per night in the middle of nowhere, KY when everything is good, but this place has a few flaws and should price accordingly. Some can be fixed, like the nasty smell in the entrance vestibule, I think is a scented candle. Also the bed spreads are dirty, the breakfast is sparse with little or no hot food, my room was not vacuumed during three night stay, the pool is never open, previous guestss' hair rollers were under the edge of the bed. I normally don't bother writing reviews, but I may need to return here and wish they could improve.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I originally felt that the rate was a bit high, even for a holiday weekend but after my visit my opinion is that it was worth the money. The staff at the front desk is very friendly/welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 28 August 2013

For a visit to Dale Hollow Lake or Lake Cumberland this hotel is a great spot, close to both.
Positives:
location, free breakfast, free internet, free parking,limited fitness center

Negatives:
Sheets were so worn we thought they had sand or dirt on them, we had them changed and noticed you could see through them. Cleaning crew missed our room about half of the time.
Hotel is 10 years old, structure is solid but everything else needs to be updated.
Smells moldy inside as none of the hotel windows open and its humid in this region.
Front desk gives you 1-2 sheets of paper at a time for printing (really?) in the business center and the printer ended up not working. Computer is 10 years old so hope you aren't in a hurry.
Food for breakfast isn't keep full and was generally all gone 30 minutes before the breakfast period ended.
Decor in lobby is very strange, not sure how to explain it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BDBoomer
Jim S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 606-387-7238.

Jim Soma

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very happy with my stay! I would recommend this hotel to my family! it is very clean! I'm very picky about where I stay! my room was clean! the maid service was great! front desk answered all my questions and was very friendly! if I'm ever in the area again I will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Limited choices in this area, but this is the best available. Very clean and quiet. Well off the road, but easily visible on main highway. No restaurants nearby, but some in town. This survey is making me submit 200 characters, so the rest of this does not pertain to the lodging property. I am just filling in space to come up with 200 characters. I hope this is enough. You probably hope so also.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Albany last year the same weekend. I had an even better experience this year! The hotel is spotless. The breakfast is ok for free (please add brewed decaf coffee!) This year we were on the first floor in room 115. They had upgraded to flat screen tvs which was nice. Our room was very clean. The bath while not fancy was very clean. The staff is friendly and efficient. There isn't a lot of places to eat in the area, it would nice if that would improve before our next trip in June 2014!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the ice machine and the breakfast room. I've now stayed on the first and s...