“A Slice of Heaven!”

Ranked #24 of 169 Speciality Lodging in Boracay
London, United Kingdom
“A Slice of Heaven!”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This is the first review that I have ever posted and was compelled to do so, as I feel that it would be wrong not to share my wonderful experience with other holiday makers. My husband and I travelled from London to Boracay to attend a wedding on the island along with 57 other Australians, British and Taiwanese.

Having worked in the event industry for 20 years and currently Head of International Operations, I have been privileged to staying in magnificent 4 & 5 star hotels throughout the world. Boracay West Cove was highly recommended to me by a friend, as an exclusive and private hotel away from the hustle and bustle of Station 1, 2 and 3 on White Beach. It certainly did not disappoint!

The first thing that struck me upon arrival was the genuinely warm welcome from all the staff, starting with Alvin who collected us at Caticlan airport. This friendliness continued upon arrival at the hotel when we received a cool towel, iced tea and shell necklace whilst Boyet and Ting Ting checked us in. This attitude transgressed throughout the property for the duration of our stay.

I was unaware of the Spanish influence in the Philippines, but was struck by the unique and hauntingly beautiful architecture of the property, which seemingly paid homage to Gaudi’s design. The rooms were phenomenal, all with a sea view and with exceptional hand crafted wooden décor and fittings.

The food was by far the best we had on the island. There is an interesting mix of Filipino, Western and Asian cuisine, all using fresh ingredients. I personally recommend the Chicken Sisig, Prawns Thermidor, Chicken & Pork Adobo and everything on their BBQ grill menu.

West Cove offers privacy, sublime beauty (amazing sunsets!); genuinely warm staff who will go out their way to ensure you enjoy your stay. Huge thanks to all staff who looked after us and we cannot sing their praises high enough. A special thanks to Frencie, barman extraordinaire, Irvin, budding florist and restaurant manager and not forgetting Kirsha, Billy and JR. We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 302, which we loved. When we return we will treat ourselves to a suite, as they lo...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 3 November 2012

pros
Nice view. Friendly staff.

Cons
Stairs were killing but worth the climb. Food not so great. The first standard room had amazing view but aircond didnt work and changed us to deluxe but i prefered the view in standard room. Too far from station 1 and 2. Had to depend on trycycle everytime we go out. Refuse to pick us from Budget Mart although they have shuttle because its only for guest who has checked in? Otherwise have to pay 150 pesos. My checkout was a spoiler coz they charged me 200plus pesos because they couldnt find the hand towel and i had no time to unlock my luggage to prove its not taken.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank kavi1121
Munich
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Pros:
I.The architecture is surreal in Antoni Gaudi’s style as the hotel was built around and within the natural caves!
II.The view from the suit is breathtaking. The view from breakfast area is equally enticing.
III. Away from the hustle and bustle. Ideal for honeymooners or those who want to have a quite night’s sleep

Cons:
I.Sub-par breakfast. The selection is rather limited to the local cuisine which is slightly greasy for the first meal of the day. The butter appears to be stale. Stick with the egg station and order freshly made omelette.
II. Friendly but unhelpful staff: Service is adequate but the staff appears to be slightly undertrained. I cannot have an effective communication with them in English and misunderstanding occurs from time to time.
III. Remote location: It is not so easily accessible from the main beach and the “private” beach is rather run down. The construction for the infinity pool is left unattended.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Venus F
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a great getaway from it all. Our room was nicely furnished and very spacious. The views were amazing. I've stayed in other places in boracay before and tis was above and beyond special. I have 3 and 5 year old boys and they loved going up and down the stairs. I wish they had a hot tub. However the staff is very attentive and responsive to your needs. I has no fear for the safety of my boys.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank C W
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Firstly, this hotel has the most amazing views of the ocean. That was the best thing about it for us. Unfortunately we chose West Cove as our upmarket hotel choice, but it wasn't the right choice for two single females. Too far from the nightlife (but those wanting to be segregated and left alone in peace then this place is great). I felt it was over priced for what you get. Rooms are outdated yet have their own funky charm. Just lucky for the views (again!). Breakfast was disappointing. One toaster oven which took 10 mins to even slightly brown one side. Thankfully the hotel has an egg station as the rest of the food served was for local tastes and not to my liking as breakfast food. There are a lot of stairs which I found to be slightly humorous as we only stayed one night, but if we had stayed for longer I would find it annoying. Staff were pretty friendly. To cap things off I would suggest it be a great place for couples/honeymooners and anyone else wanting to be left alone.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank BeckDarwin_Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2012

amazing artistic outlook, all rooms with wonderful sea views and balcony, but isolated in location, infrequent shuttle bus every 3 hours only ( and only with service on request), and needed to walk through a wet path with lots of steps juz near the shore. Best only if u planned juz to stay in the hotel and lay back.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Kachi_hongkong
West Allis, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Once you have been to West Cove, your travel plans will include another stay here. Our third stay here was better then the previous two. Yes, as a few reviewers mentioned that there are many stairs. But let me say this: Each step entering West Cove brings about anticipation of what the resort has to offer. Each step leaving the resort leaves you remenicining of the beautiful time spent at the resort and the pleasure it had to offer.
The staff was very polite and courteous. Most knew your name and addressed as such.
The rooms are spacious with many amenities. Beds are comfy and pillows fluffy.
I should mention that the rooms are very clean thanks to Analyn and her housekeeping staff.
The food was great. Buffet breakfast included omelets made to order and a nice variety of other delicious foods. Great dinner menu with many traditional dishes. On the lighter side, you could opt for grilled food made by Adam and his assistant. Great ribs.
We had entertainment nightly. Many fine musicians. You must listen to Micheal who does double duty as waiter and entertainer. Have a great cocktail made by Francie the bartender.
The beach, which was developed recently, is very nice. Refreshments are served at the beach.
For those anticipating going to West Cove, let me say that you arrive as a guest and leave as a friend.

Room Tip: All rooms have a water view. Most with a veranda where you can have your morning coffee or a cocktai...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple