“Simple, Basic hotel”

Ranked #60 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
san francisco
“Simple, Basic hotel”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

For a hotel, I will give this place 2 and a half star. Hotel is located inside the busy D'mall area convenient to dining and shopping, near the beach but not beach front.

The room has mostly no windows, which I feel makes the room worst. I have severe allergy while writing this review. Bathroom is crowded. Shower and toilet is divided with a glass divider and a stupid shower curtain. Put a sliding door to it. They have a rain shower which some guest find its cute, but DONT FORGET TO BRING A SHOWERCAP if you plan to take some shower every now and then . You can feel that the hotel interior was done on a very low budget. As it is very very simple room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Tides Hotel B, Manager at The Tides Boracay, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Hello Ricci2,

We always appreciate feedback from our guests. We have taken all your comments into account. Rest assured that we'll be acting on this. We actually have Essential Rooms with balconies which can be requested through the front office.

Thank you and we hope to make it up to you on your next stay with us!

Tides Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Valenzuela, Philippines
Reviewed 3 May 2013

After a delayed flight, The Tides Boracay made our first night in Boracay worth while. ;)

I must commend the clean white beddings and over-all room.

Located in the middle of Station 2,other establishments is just few steps away. Though the facade is quite small, you will not notice that there was a hotel until you read the signage.

I really enjoyed the buffet breakfast at Kaon! Try their in-house massage, it was very relaxing.

Room Tip: Watch out for Dealgrocer.com's deal for The Tides Boracay.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tere B
Tides Hotel B, Manager at The Tides Boracay, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Hello Tere B,

We'd like to thank you for your feedback and appreciate your kind words. We look forward to hacing you with us again!

Muntinlupa, Philippines
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Our 2nd time in Boracay and we chose The Tides. We arrived at the hotel almost sunset. The front desk greeted us and immediately gave us cold hand towels and juice, (which by the way lessen our exhaustion from the trip) and informed us that they were preparing the room for us. Me and my husband stayed there for 4days, I thought it was worth it. Please do not expect a grand treatment as I think it was only average but acceptable. Although I must say that the staff weren't all very friendly & accommodating. Some greeted us along the way, some did not care.

The Room- I thought it was okay, nothing too fancy. But I love that the essential room was spacious more than what I expected and what added up to my joy was the balcony. The water flow and A/C was working right. Basing from the old reviews, I think the hotel has just been renovated cause the walls looked recently painted.

The Location- Of course, nothing compare to the beachfront hotels, but I thought The Tides was a really nice location. Not far from the shoreline, just about a minute or 2. In the heart of D'mall where you can eat and hang out anywhere.

The Soltice- Where the pool & bar is located. We've only stayed here during evenings, so I cannot attest to what others say about this part which some claim it needed renovation. But I've got to say, I enjoyed it! They offer BUY1 TAKE1 drinks, food was okay, sound was great, not crowded and about the right time to relax.

All in all, I like our stay at the Tides Hotel. But if I were to pick again, I'd probably come back. One thing that I think needs improvement is their service. Being accommodating and friendly sometimes relieves all hotel stress/issue.

Room Tip: I think the 2nd floor rooms have the best spot. Just one staircase from the ground, and less sound f...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Annikev
TidesHotel, Manager at The Tides Boracay, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Hello Annikev,

Good day! First of all, thank you for the review. We always aim to give the best service we can so feedback is always greatly appreciated. We have noted your concern regarding our staff and will act on it accordingly. The rooms and Solstice Sun Lounge, you are right we recently went through renovations for them. As for having a place to stay beachfront, all Tides guests are allowed to use the sun loungers and chairs at EPIC Boracay as per the coupon that is handed during check-in.

Thank you and we do hope to see you back with us!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

location is good if you are lazy to walk...nothing rell spectacular about the hotel except the location and quietness despite its location...the bar soltice plays good music with a windy bed chair wi curtains..my son and i swam in the pool and it was not crowded we had a good time...the food for breakfastis good...expensive for a simple hotel..you really pay for the location...but if u like walking or taking a tricycle...thre are other hotels that will cost lesser and look and feel better....we just get so tited in bora in the past with all the walking that i decided to get this hotel..its near all the good restos

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hello Terelex,

We appreciate the feedback. We hope to hear on what we can do to make your stay with us better.

Hoping to see you with us again!

Tides Management

Travellers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Birmingham
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Arrived at the hotel quite late and was pleased to see D'Mall was bright with shops & restaurants.
Check-in - We had booked two rooms as we were travelling as a family and were given one room on the ground floor and one on the third floor, not what we expected after booking two rooms together. Check in was slow and although the lady checking us in was pleasant she took far too long, she was more interested in giving us coupons etc rather than our keys. We started off for our room and as we were on the 3rd floor asked for directions to the lift...no lift so a young man (we are 50/60 so not so nimble anymore) carried our cases for us.
Room - first thing I noticed was how dark it was. We had booked an exceptional room through Agoda with a balcony or terrance...no balcony. Back down to reception with iPad to ask for the room I had booked and paid for only to be told that exceptional rooms dont have balconies only the standard rooms..WHAT! The receptionist said we would not like a standard room as they did have a balcony but were small. I pointed out that the booking had been taken for a room with a balcony as I like an open window. Shoulders shrugged and told to take it up with Agoda. Back to room where I opened the grey PLASTIC curtains to get some light into the room and closed them again straightaway as the big windows look out onto the outdoor walkway to all the rooms so everyone who walked past could see straight into the room, no daylight in the room for 3 days. There is a hairdryer in the room, two sockets by the bed and a socket in the middle of the room to plug it in, there are two mirrors in the room, one over the sink and one by the door, neither which are by any sockets so you can use the hairdryer but cant see what you are doing. No thought went into the layout of the room. Safe in room which is big enough for a laptop. Nothing else in the room to sit on beside the bed, asked for a table and chairs and they did arrive. Flat screen TV with quite a few English channels.
Bed - firm and quite comfortable, pillows flat, cheap and well used. The bed linen was clean but stained and not best quality and felt old.
Bathroom - nice tub and shower with a few toiletries but no soap. Didn't have hot water all of the time. Bathroom is separated from the bedroom by slatted doors. Sink is in the bedroom. Toilet again separated from the bedroom by a slated door, I do prefer private facilities! Only 2 bath towels and one hand towel all of which had seen better days they were hard, flat and grey with stains on each one, didn't really want to use them, dont think they had ever seen washing powder.
Pool - ok but it is overlooked from a building site. You have to walk across a concrete walkway to get to the bar and pool which you could see was badly cracked from underneath and which was just covered with wood on top.
Breakfast - ok, fruit juice is watered down, coffee good, food very average. But there are some really good breakfasts at the restaurants on the beach.
No sea view anywhere in the hotel which should come as a surprise as the beach is approx 2 mins.
Check-out - as we hadn't bought anything in the hotel I expected to hand in my cards and leave but we were told to wait while the room was checked, the staff actually held on to the case and bag! Our companions were also told to wait and were then asked for money for pringles and a soft drink, when they pointed out that they had not had anything from the mini bar the staff went and checked again and then said they owed nothing as they had made a mistake. We then left.
In General - really disappointed with the hotel, it is run down, could do with upgrading, far too expensive for what you get.
TIP - make sure your laptop/phone is fully charged as the voltage was so low would not charge a laptop or phone, WiFi very poor.

Room Tip: Dont think there are any good rooms, staff admit standard rooms are small but if you want to open a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travellingbrummie
Hello travellingbrummie,

Good Day! We'd like to thank you for your feedback. To address your concerns:

1. For the rooms not being together, we can easily provide 2 rooms together if our occupancy permits. It just so happened that we were fully booked at the time. For assured rooming placement, we do advise that you request for it during booking so we can note your preference and provide accordingly.

2. Check-in and check-out - we have noted your comments and have acted on it.

3. Room Info - we will be clarifying with Agoda for the details that are posted on their site.

4. Sockets - we actually have a socket by the sink which is specifically for the hairdryer.

5. Room seating - most of our Exceptional Rooms have a table along with two seats.

6. Pillows and linens - we have taken action on your concern and will have new pillows, linens and towels.

7. Bathroom amenities - the missing soap must've been an oversight and we apologize for that. We do provide soap, shampoo, conditioner and other toiletries in the room. You can also call the front office for additional toiletries if the ones that are provided don't suffice.

8. Pool - we have recently renovated Solstice Sun Lounge, and have placed the proper barrier for the construction site.

Please know that we value our guests comments and concerns and act on them. We do hope to make it up to you on your next stay with us.

Tides Mangement
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Had a horrible experience staying here! We stayed in Boracay for 7 days and hotel hopped to 5 different hotels to get an experience of each hotel and this is the worst one! While the picture online looked beautiful it is not the same in person! When we arrived we were brought to a non smoking room however when we opened the door to our room it was an injury to my lungs!!! I informed them that I have asthmatic allergies and could not stay in a smoking room even though it says no smoking! I requested to be moved to another room and they said they were fully booked and didn't have any other availabilities. I requested to speak to the manager and they said they will take care of it and not bother the manager. However they were unable to accommodate me. They said they will clean the room as if it hadn't been smoked in and so we took our time and had lunch and when we came back to the hotel they informed us that our room was ready. When we walked in, I could still smell the cigarettes and again requested to speak to the manager to see if we can be moved to another room. Again they denied my request and said the manager was busy! The ladies at the front desk were not helpful nor were they friendly and didn't accommodate us. We ended up staying in the room for 2 nights and the 3 of us got sick from the smoke and inhaling all the Lysol spray they used to cover up the cigarette smell! The place is filthy, the bathroom was gross, and the food was just ok. I definitely would not stay at tides again! I hope the manager trains the front desk staff to be more friendly and accommodating and if a request is made to speak with the manager, this should be escalated to the manager.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Gigidoodle
Hello Gigidoodle,

Good day! We appreciate your feedback and have noted your concerns. We will be talking to our staff regarding your experience. Actually, all our rooms are non-smoking. We always try to accommodate our guests' requests/concerns. A room transfer would've been a great solution to this problem though from what we've read it's unfortunate that we were fully booked at the time. Guests are always welcome to speak to management if they have a concern they want addressed, we will act on this accordingly.

The rooms and the Solstice Sun Lounge have been recently renovated. Thank you for staying with us, we hope that we can make it up to you on your next visit.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

+ nice breakfast
+ located in the middle of where the action is (for those who like it)

- slow wifi that keeps logging you out
- dirty rooms: the floor was so dusty and sandy, our feet were black after 2min. There were small bugs on the bed that probably had been blown out of the aircon. Sheets and towels had stains all over.
- ancient, loud air conditioning.
- all the interior was worn out.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Aennikae
Hello Aennikae,

We'd like to thank you for your feedback. Please know that we have taken your concerns into account and have replaced our air-conditioning units along with our sheets and towels. We have also renovated Solstice Sun Lounge and the roof deck pool along with the interior for some of our rooms.

We hope to make it up to you during your next visit!