“Good location and great hotel”
Review of The Tides Boracay

The Tides Boracay
Ranked #62 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
manila
“Good location and great hotel”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here for a 3D/2N getaway with friends. Our room was located at the 3rd floor and had a veranda. It came with 2 double beds. The beds were comfy with clean white sheets. It was just right size, not too small and not that spacious either. The resort has a modern design. It is not beachfront, but is strategically located in station 2, very near the D'Mall, restaurants and cafes.

The room came with a buffet breakfast and has the right mix of continental, american and filipino breakfast items.

They have a nice pool lounge at the rooftop where you can enjoy cocktails and just chill at night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My last resort stay in Boracay was a horror story. My stay at The Tides redeemed my faith on what to expect of Boracay accommodations on this price tag range. The Tides is tucked in D'Mall, in the middle of all action and major activities in Boracay. It is the drop off point of almost all other hotel shuttles as it is considered a hub of shops, eats and convenience outlets in the island. So everything is accessible on foot from this property.

Upon check-in, the staff offered refreshments and wet towels. They promptly showed us to our rooms within five minutes of approaching the reception desk. We did not get to enjoy the lobby which was not bad at all with its open-air flair and LCD screens. Our room was upgraded for free because of some sort of a booking glitch. But how can I complain to that? I did not. I'm inwardly gloating that time. There was a flight of stairs to reckon with, as there is no mechanized elevator, but the bellhop gladly helped us with our luggage, so no complaints there either. There are cute quotes and unexpected texts and sayings at odd corners that makes us think and smile.

The room was not particularly big, but was certainly modern and well thought of. The space was utilized very well in terms of design. Wi-fi is present and working. Beds are good-sized and comfortable, air conditioning strong and adequate. The "floating" bathtub was a nice touch as well. The reception sent us off with multivitamins and discount coupons on bars aside from our buffet breakfast coupons. So we started with a dip at the pool and availed of our free cocktails at the rooftop deck. The sunset views at their rooftop bar are spectacular. Makes us feel we really are on a vacation.

We make a go to the beach and come back dripping with seawater, and it is okay. It is just less than a hundred meters between the hotel and the beach. Breakfast options are varied and constantly replenished. Staff are courteous and helpful.

It is hard to find fault with this hotel considering we had a very positive experience. Maybe they should offer hotel shuttle service?

Room Tip: Get a second or first floor room as it is just at least a flight of stairs away. Not a good idea to...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WanderWomansWorld
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Its a nice hotel. WE got lucky because our room got upgraded. The food is also nice and okay. Even if it is not beach front, it is very convinient and very near to the beach. The staffs are very accomodating and friendly. One thing I noticed is the cable dont have a list of channels and i have to check every channels just to find what i want. But overall if i will come back to bora again, i will definitely stay again in this hotel.

Room Tip: since there are no elevators, must prefered to be on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cebu, Philippines
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Two weeks ago, I embarked on a soul-searching trip in where else but the perfect place for such undertaking, the island paradise of Boracay. On my second day in Boracay, I stayed at The Tides Hotel Boracay. The Tides Boracay is a uniquely-themed award-winning designer hotel that offers personalized professional service. The hotel boasts of a very central location at the very heart of D’Mall in Station 2. The Tides, which opened in 2007 but was most recently renovated last year, houses 40 essential (superior) and 19 exceptional (premier) rooms, and while it does not have a beachfront, its location is very much desirable, being just a minute’s stroll to the famed White Beach (in-house guests may use the sun loungers at their sister establishment, Epic), two minutes to the main road (where you can hail a tricycle to take you to other places in Boracay), and steps away from dozens of shopping and dining establishments!

As soon as I arrived at The Tides Hotel’s lobby, I was greeted by the hotel’s smiling security officer. He asked me if I was checking-in in and advised me to take a seat while the front desk was still processing guests checking-out. When my turn came, I presented my hotel voucher. Check-in was a breeze. After filling up the check-in form, I was pleasantly surprised when I was served a welcome drink, a glass of home-made ginger lemon iced tea, which was reinvigorating considering the noontime heat. While my room was being prepared, I was given a cold towel so I could freshen up while waiting. The room was ready in no time. I was accompanied by one of the hotel staff to my room, explaining to me in detail the amenities that could be found in it. He then gave me a sheet of paper which was labelled “Reminders for Guests”. Wi-Fi access is free for all guests. The whole property is a Wi-Fi zone.

From the lobby, it felt like I was transported to a different dimension when I entered the Courtyard, a zen-like area which served as the hotel’s “center of gravity”.

I stayed in an Exceptional Room at the ground floor of the hotel, just behind the lobby. Being located at the very busy D’Mall, the safety and security of their guests is a primary concern of The Tides Hotel Boracay. A magnetic key card is issued to guests. A safety deposit box can also be found in all of the rooms.

Before this stay, I really expected the place to be quite noisy considering its location. To validate, I had to be technical. I opened the Line Tools app on my phone to check the sound level, and it registered 42 decibels. The app described it to be a “quiet residential area”. Amazing!

The room is equipped with an efficient individually-controlled silent air-conditioning unit, a Plasma TV with more than 90 cable channels, a telephone, safety deposit box, and a mini-bar. The room is something that I could describe as sleek, stylish, spacious and minimalist, tastefully done to give guests a feeling of calm during their stay.

For me, the highlight of the room would have to be the king-sized bed. Being a solo traveler, I was excited to jump over the big bed. The sheets were all gleaming-white and clean. I usually sleep on my side so I loved how the pillows were soft but still kept its shape.

One of the things I do check out before settling in a room is the toilet and bath area.

The T&B is separated from the main room by a sliding-door, with a lock. I must say though that the sliding door needs a little lubrication.

The bathroom is equipped with a cute floating bathtub and a hot and cold shower with rain water head.

Basic toiletries such as bath soap, bath gel, shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer were also provided.

And although it’s not a big issue for me, I just found it a bit odd for the sink to be outside the bathroom area. Personally, I would prefer it to be in the bathroom itself for added convenience. There is a power outlet by the sink for shavers and hair dryer.

OVERALL, I really had a pleasant stay at the Tides Hotel Boracay: good location, amazing room which gave me quality sleep, mouthwatering food, relaxing atmosphere, and modern facilities. If The Tides wasn’t in Boracay, I would probably just stay here the whole day. It is the ideal place to stay for the business and leisure traveler, looking for a place with privacy but just within leisurely strolls to the pleasures that Boracay offers. I will definitely consider a return visit at The Tides on my future trips to Boracay.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have an elevator so ask if there are available rooms at the first or second floo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
North Vancovuer
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I've never NOT had beach front on a beach holiday- but with Tides location in the heart of d*Mall, a super short walk to the beach, and a great roof top pool, it really and truly didn't matter.

The thing with Boaracy, is that even when a hotel has beachfront access, it isn't private beach front or guarantee you a lounge chair. Hotels are often across the busy beach walk and the beach is a free for all- so you don't really benefit much from the illusion of having a beachfront resort.

Great points about The Tides (in no particular order):

- complimentary drinks on check-in
- great daily buffet breakfast included (Western and Philippino); we sometimes were late rising and caught the buffet in the last 1/2 hour and there was still a full selection and on our early checkout day, the staff opened the buffet early for us!!
-super polite and helpful staff; on check-in, when we had a plumbing issue, with our request to change rooms they sent extra staff to help us move, servers and janitiors all smiling and helpful
-rooftop bar and pool always attended by staff even though it was never busy
-modern, clean, comfortable and functional rooms with fun and quirky sayings
-quiet, didn't hear any other guests and they didn't hear us!!
-proximity to everything; food, shopping, beach, bars, spas....it's awesome
-front desk arranged 6am ride to boat launch and 530am breakfast especially for us!!

Tides is in the station with the most entertainment. Pick up some eats and drinks on your way to the beach, or have a slow start up on the rooftop pool. Forgot something back in your room, it's not far to go.

Drawback:
I didn't see an elevator, so I'm not sure this is a barrier free hotel. For able bodied people, you can haul your luggage up or have the staff take it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Tides Hotel B, Manager at The Tides Boracay, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hello CeePee,

It's always nice to hear when a guest has a great time during their stay with us. We are thankful for your positive review. We do hope to see you back with us soon. On your next stay, make sure to make use of the beach beds at EPIC when you choose to stay beachfront as Tides guests are free to do so.

Thank you once again!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. Have to admit that the location was good and it was in the middle of most activity.
Ole and Rumba's are some of the nice places to eat nearby and the nightclub Epic is a short walk away. Beach is accessible too.
We were on the ground floor so it does get slightly noisy and one of the peculiar things is that the WC is outside the toilet which I don't find very convenient personally.
We paid close to $150 a night and think we expected a little more. Rooms are very standard though the housekeeping is very commendable.
My recommendation: look for some options on the beach before you switch to tides.

• Stayed August 2013
Hello Rantsfromragz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, we appreciate it. We have noted your concerns and will be addressing them accordingly.

We have promos every now and then that you can check through our website www.tidesboracay.com. You can also contact reservation@tidesboracay.com for any inquiries regarding promos.

We do hope to make it up to you on your next stay with us. Thank you!

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Location is great as it's in the heart of D'Mall. Many places to eat nearby and the beach is just a 5 minute walk. Breakfast is good with decent choices. Just a couple of feedback : 1) The room's shower did not have a door or curtain which made the bathroom a mess after taking a bath (install either a curtain or door for the shower room). 2) It's weird that the sink is outside the bathroom which again makes the room messy. 3) No place to hang wet clothes even inside the room. 4) Room needs to be cleaned and perhaps could use some renovation as there are visible signs of wear and tear. 5) Lastly, pillowcase and bedsheet has stains on it. They should be washed more throughly. For the price i paid which at first i thought was a steal was actually expensive considering the poor room conditions. Would stay in the hotel again if it's renovated.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Jeff_Manila2,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate it. To address some of your concerns, for number 3 we have a makeshift clothes line inside the bathroom that can be pulled out when you wish to use it. As for numbers 4 and 5, we have recently renovated our rooms and our other amenities as well. The sheets and pillowcases have also been replaced. For numbers 1 and 2, we have taken note of this and will be working on it accordingly.

We do hope to make it up to you on your next stay.

Thank you!