“Heavenly hotel in paradise location”

Lingganay Boracay Hotel Resort
Ranked #45 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Boracay was recommended to spend 4 days in a break from a business trip to Manila. Lingganay is in a stunning location on a hill overlooking the (quieter) East side of Boracay. I was told to phone the hotel before catching the shuttle outrigger boat and the hotel car was waiting to pick me up at the port on Boracay. My apartment was spacious with a stunning view of the coast and well equipped with a full kitchen (which I did not use). The hotel is a collection of small apartment blocks without a central lobby and it seems that there are plans for this to be built. Restaurant/bar is German themed with cooked breakfast. The infinity pool is breathtaking. Staff were very attentive throughout but not intrusive. 24 hr free limo service to/from D-Mall was very appreciated although I usually got a motor-cycle trike back for nominal 100 peso.
Lingganay is a haven of peace and tranquillity. There is plenty of hustle and bustle on the restaurants and bars on White beach to entertain, but returning to Lingganay is a pleasure. Apartment prices are great value for what you get. I will go back at the next opportunity. If you are looking for a full service hotel in the middle of the nightlife, then this is not for you. If you want a beautiful quiet location, well presented hotel with spacious living, try it for yourself.

Room Tip: Travel light! Cebu Pacific charges for excess baggage are very expensive!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Ivebeentherebefore

Reviewed 1 August 2011

It was my first time in Boracay and I came there with my mom last 11 June 2011, who by the way is also a native of Aklan. It was to celebrate my birthday so I had arranged everything and was willing to have a blast at Boracay.

This hotel was highly recommended by my brother who had a vacation there during the holy week. Well, the hotel never let me down. It has a nice fee right from the time we arrived. The hotel staff were very nice. The receptionist was really attentive to our needs. We were supposed to check in by 1 pm but we were there early but despite that, our room were already done. The room is big as well as the bed. It has clean bathroom and toilet. Indeed, the room we stayed at is relatively new! Ours had a nice view of the infinite pool and the sea! A very refreshing sight!

Though we haven't had a free breakfast, we opt to take our lunch at their in-house resto a few steps away from our room. They also have friendly wait staff there to serve us lunch. The resto is al fresco so we are indeed very relaxed! Im sure that my mom enjoyed it as much as I did.

There is always a standby 24 hour-shuttle ready to bring us to and from Boracay's D' Mall so it was not a problem even if te hotel is not beachfront.

And did I mention their garden? Well, it was well-maintained with various flowering plants which adds up to the hotel's allure!

The only problem which we encountered is that the hotel has to intercom. When we checked out, I had to go back to the reception area which are somehow far just to ask for assistance with our luggages. Hope they will work on that.

All in all, our stay at Lingganay Resort was pleasurable! We had a nice accomodation and peaceful R and R. Till our next visit to Boracay!

Room Tip: Tune in to agoda.com's notices
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ljcute
Reviewed 5 May 2011

When we arrived the pool was green with algae. Private beach about 30 feet long underwater at high tide. Ocean full of weeds; beach cabana just empty shell. No towels or toilet paper in room on arrival. Ordered food and drinks for 6 at restaurant; drinks came 30 minutes later. Only 3 of 6 food orders arrived after 60minutes when asked about the other orders we were told there no more orders. Room smelled musty. Approached manager who proceeded to blame the guests for pool condition. We checked out and did not stay the night. This could be a good resort with proper maintenance and a complete change of staff from the manager on down the line.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
14  Thank farmercist
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We (six adults and infant) checked-in to our three suites on April 22nd with plans to stay through April 26th. The grounds were well landscaped and maintained and our rooms were large and modestly equipped. However, our impression of this place rapidly declined to the point that we decided that we would not be able to stay any longer and were checked-out within our first 3hrs there.

It started with our observation that the pool was cloudy and was in need of treatment and cleaning. We reported this to the front desk and someone was sent out to start vacuuming the pool. However, my expectation is that pools should be ready when guests arrive and that it should not take a guest to report there is a problem with such a key element of a resort. First negative point for the Lingganay.

We spent a little time to settle into our rooms. As noted above, the rooms were large and did have modest provisions, including a decently equipped kitchen, and bathroom. I observed a lack of typical toiletries (things that even Motel 6's offer), like soaps for both the vanity and shower/tub (there was a small one provided for the vanity only) and other things like shampoos and conditioners. Not a big deal, but these are nice to have. There was certainly a lack of towels - only two flimsy little towels were provided per room. No hand towels or face cloths. Again, I assumed that we would be able to request additional towels, so again, no biggie here.

It all went downhill very quickly from here.

We checked-out the "beach" to see what the alternative was to the pool in the meantime. At high-tide, there barely any of 40 ft of beach that was usable. We felt that the private beach claim was quite misleading and racked-up another negative point for the Lingganay.

After settling in, we decided to check-out the on-site restaurant for a bite to eat. The restaurant was an outdoor restaurant with some covered seating areas (to protect from the sun) and was decorated (oddly) in a Camelot-style theme (think brick-wall motifs with some wooden accents). The ventilation for an outdoor restaurant was poor in the first area we sat, so we relocated to the turret seating area, which had a single round-table with built-in seating around. The key here was the ceiling fan above the table that was able to keep us relatively cool under the midday heat of the blazing sun. The girl who appeared to be working the restaurant paid no attention to us and we needed to flag her down on separate occasions to request menus and then to order drinks and place our food orders. The only other patrons was another table with approximately six people in that party. The menu was quite basic - there were approximately 12 options on the menu and they were a mix of Filipino and German basic dishes. Not one vegetable dish on the menu. When the waitress took our orders with such ambivalence, that we already started to sense that this place was a mistake. Perhaps it was the heat getting to us, but we do have some expectations for some basic service and courtesy at any dining establishment. Next negative point for the Lingganay. We waited approximately half an hour and did not get any check-in from our waitress, not even for extra drinks. Since the food was taking a while to produce, we decided to order a few more drinks. Again, we needed to flag down our waitress to get some more drinks ordered. She returned fairly promptly, but didn't bring the all of the correct drink orders (my sister ordered a diet Coke, but received a regular Coke), so we returned the wrong order (they don't have any diet drinks btw, so if that is what you are looking for, prepare to bring your own). Another half an hour with no food. Our infant was already growing very restless and tired of being stuck in a hot outdoor restaurant. We asked where our food was and basically got no answer, since the girls working there could barely speak English. Luckily my mother is fluent in Tagalog, so she asked the girls what was up with our orders and simply got that they were still making the food. No apologies for making us wait one hour for 7 dishes: 4 of one kind, 3 of another. How difficult could it be to make a batch of two dishes? By this point, we had all had it. We asked to speak to the owner of the property at this point.

The owner sauntered down the hill to the restaurant smoking a cigarette and simply asked what we wanted. No greeting and no respect. Negative point. Disgusting in my opinion. We brought up the time it took to prepare the food that we had requested and the issue with the pool that we had reported. The owner started with the pool topic.

He claimed that the pool had only turned cloudy that day and that the previous day it was clear. He said that he needed to add "shimicals" (chemicals in his German accent). We asked why this had not been done immediately. He said that these things happen to pools and that it is difficult to maintain the right balance of "shimicals" because some people complain that there is too much and that he was doing all he could to correct the problem. This sent my parents into a fury. Anyone who knows how to maintain a pool knows that to keep a pool clear requires maintaining the correct levels of chemical to avoid algae growth. The conversation quickly degraded and ended with no offer of assistance from the owner.

I went up to the office to have a discussion with the owner in an attempt to have a civil one-on-one conversation with him. The net of my conversation was that he claimed that he was doing his best to run the property and wanted to leave it at that. His best that was that he was having his workers clean the pool, but gave no timelines when the pool would be available again. His best was calling in his restaurant staff and having them apologize for not letting us know our food would take over an hour to prepare because it was a "home kitchen" style restaurant that focused on making meals from scratch and still were able to get the orders completely incorrect, even though they were managing only two tables. In all fairness, I requested that we were not to pay for any of the restaurant drinks or food and he agreed to this after great reluctance. Having to go to such a level with him for this small concession after all these issues demonstrated to me that he was not really committed to any sort of customer service at all. The final straw was newly invented rule that infants were not permitted in the pool because he did not want any "pee-pee or caca" (his words). I said that there was no hotel pool in my history that forbade the use of the pool by infants. The most common restriction that I am familiar with is that children must be supervised by an adult. As a side note, my sister had brought special water-diapers for my nephew to swim in and was able to let him swim in the pools of the 4-other places our family had stayed on our trip with no questions asked. So much for these such rules.

Our family regrouped after this experience and decided that we could not stay at this property any longer. I arranged to have our booking canceled and refunded (thank-you Agoda.com for helping assist me with this process). Luckily, we were able to find alternate accommodation and were able to arrange for transfer to our new location. Our Boracay trip began once we left the Lingganay and we had a wonderful experience for the rest of our stay on the island.

One thing to note about this property is that it is generally lower priced than other properties on Boracay. So, I guess you get what you pay for.

If you are looking for a condo-style accommodation with little amenities or services (e.g. you plan to shop for food and just cook and hang-out on your room and patio), then this may be a place for you to consider.

However, if you are looking for a more full-service resort, with a moderate level of service, please save yourself the headache and steer-clear of this place.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
13  Thank DMR_SF
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Location: Located at the South of Back beach, it is a very quiet area unlike White Beach. It is 15 mins drive from Budget Market (drop off point for the white maket).
Staff: Res and Lynn (Front Desk Officers), Kobi (Owner), Three Housekeeping Ladies (Housekeepers), Secuity men, Romel (driver). Thank you for your assiantance in our stay! All of you are very simple people yet made magic to our stay! Thank you for the complimentory upgrade from a One Bedroom Suit to a Two Bedroom Suit.
Room: We enjoyed the space of the living, dining and the two bed rooms. Room is very well-maintained. We stay on the highest point in the hotel. The view from top deck is the best!
Beach: A very private beach named after Kobi's wife, Petty.
Swimming Pool: Checked with Kobi, water from the sea were pumped up and fill the swimming pool with salt water. It is very environmentally friendly. Spent a lot of time lazing at the edge of the pool while enjoying the beauty of the ocean.
We will be looking forward to be back again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Stayed here from March 11-march 16. The room was large and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The 24 hour shuttle was extremely convenient. The grounds were well maintained and the view from the pool and the deck were outstanding. It was windy, but I can't blame the hotel for that. We did not try the restaurant, so cannot comment on the food. I have recommended this hotel to several friends already.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2011

We stayed at boracay from march 9-13 but stayed here from 9-11 only due to room availability. you will surely fall in love with their pool and their interior design particularly in the restaurant. it has a private beach too but we didn't swim there because the current is too much for my 1 year old baby.
we were supposed to transfer at station 2 on march 11 but due to the tsunami alert, we had to go back to lingganay because it's more elevated than most parts of the island. lucky for us, the owner and staff were very accommodating. we called the receptionist and she immediately send in the driver. we stayed at their restaurant until 8 and they took care of all our needs.
the rooms are spacious but some work may need to be done for the bathroom to make it less slippery. the same goes to the lovely stairs going to the pool to avoid accidents when it's raining.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple