“Wonderful place run by wonderful people”
Review of Island Jewel Inn

Island Jewel Inn
Ranked #52 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Mansfield, MA
“Wonderful place run by wonderful people”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Staying at the Island Jewel was a great choice. The location while not on the beach is only on very short walk away. If you want a fancy hotel then this might not be the place for you because the rooms while being very nice and very clean are not fancy. The hotel does make you feel that you are staying on a topical island and not in a hotel that could be anywhere.
The staff is very friendly, very competent and will go out of their way to make sure that your stay is wonderful. I hated to leave and look forward to going back.

-Jon H

Room Tip: I took a superior room and was very happy with it.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jonathon H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We had our vacation in Boracay last Dec. 9 it was great and our stay in Jewel island Inn make our vacation wonderful. Nice place at a cheap price. Clean and safe. Two minutes walk to the beach and not crowded area. Its like 10 mins walk to the center of the island. We enjoyed our morning and evening walk while we fine a nice place to dine. Quite place at night. You can get all the sleep you need to recharge for the next day adventure. We stayed at Rm. 22. Nice room, newly painted, the floor tiles new. The toilet is super clean, hot shower is functioning well. The room has fridge and safe deposit box and the air condition unit is not noisy. Housekeeping is very good, changes sheets and towel everyday. And we are given new towels and sheets not the over used one. It's an excellent service for a cheap price. And not to forget the very friendly staff. I like this place!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Soddistfatto
Paris, France
Reviewed 14 December 2011

The staff is very nice, the place is extremely clean. The room is confortable, we had a good mattress on the second night.
The place is quiet in itself but located very closed to other lodgings.
The traditional morning rooster, barking dog, music playing in the distance, trycicle engines and/or hammering are there. It's not happening on an ongoing basis of course, the place is quite quiet. But it's there. We stayed there 7 nights, so it was ok, we enjoyed our stay.
For those who are looking for a beach lookout, this is not the place. The beach is really close though (2mn walking).

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alka G
Reviewed 3 October 2011

It was my first time in Boracay last week and I really appreciated my stay in Island Jewel. The staff was hospitable, the rooms are clean, as well as the fridge and CR. I like that the place is also quiet, away from the hustle and bustle of the clubs in Station 1.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank jerict87
Beijing, China
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I 'm from China and this is my first time to Boracay . Here,I would like to tell everyone Jewel Island is really a nice place to stay . Especially the good staff of Jewel Island, they are always full of warmly service to me and my daughter, I feel just like in my home! Though my holiday in Boracay is over, I miss the lovely people very much! I miss the everyday I stayed in Jewel Island ! I hope I can have a holiday again, I expect that I can go to Jewel with my family and friends again, thank you : Edgar, Analie,Joe,Alisa,...,Also,please send my best regards to your boss! Welcome all of you to China,to Beijing!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Chen R
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Awesome cheap accommodation without compromise. Air con rooms with fridges, clean and breakfast downstairs. Great hospitality. About 2 min walk to the beach.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank paulzie76
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My husband and I stayed there from July 10-14. It was a very pleasant trip. Our room was very clean, and we had fresh sheets everyday. The manager, Edgar, was very helpful as well as all the staff of the hotel. It was a bit far from everything, but it was OK. The service and the cleanliness made up for it. I recommend this place for everyone going to Boracay. Well worth the money!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple