Island Jewel Inn
US$29
US$28
US$9
Agoda.com
HangOut Beach Resort(Malay)(Great Value!)
US$29
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Casa Venicia(Caticlan)
US$32
US$26
US$35
Agoda.com
All reviewsminute walkwhite beachbrown outsprivate balconynice clean roomstree houseenjoyed our staybars and restaurantsvery pleasant stayairport transferstandard roombeach towelsfew stepsstationfridgetricyclemanila
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I never doubted all the good reviews from Tripadvisor written for this place so when I received an email stating that I need to make a 100% deposit, I did not hesitate to push thru with the transactions. They are very prompt in replying to all my inquiries. Upon entering the place, we are welcomed warmly by Brian and Jo and even had a welcome sign for us on the front desk. We stayed at room 33 (Superior double room for 1500/night) which is spacious, minimalistic but very clean, comfort room is well kept. Sheets and towels are changed everyday and I swear they all smell so nice. Bed is comfortable and room has a mini ref where they put sodas, water and beer (if consumed, you can pay once you check out). Island Jewel Inn is about 1 min walk to an almost secluded, quiet, not crowded beach which is ideal for a nice swim or a quiet time. Only downside is its in the southern most part of the island which means a long walk to Station 1 and 2. But you can always ride a tricycle from the main road. If you need a place to stay that is clean, quiet, budget friendly and away from the noisy touristy part of Boracay then you can never go wrong with Island Jewel Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank JonaAlday
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Our great boracay experience started and ended with our accommodation at island jewel inn. I spoked with Edgar(the owner's relative and the front desk officer at the same time) via email and checked if this would be the right place for us. I asked him about several things like (a Queen size bed, a wifi connection,a swimming pool front beach area and most of all a quiet place to stay ) he answered back right away and provided me honest answers;
queen size bed yes!
AC yes!
a wifi connection yes
free breakfast no
a swimming pool no (it's okay for me though)
front beach no (but the beach is really just a couple of minutes away)
a quiet place to stay yes
so 4/7 was not bad and true enough...the whole stay GAVE ME A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE
I decided not to put much money on the accommodation 'coz the entire fun and activities would be at the beach...but of course i still considered sleeping comfortably after a tiring day.
Kuya Edgar and his staff were very accommodating and upfront. he told us beforehand that we need to pay for the entrance and exit fee, the environmental fee, the water and land transfer fee, ( i will just update how much i paid for the extras)
we only paid less than P1500/night with veranda.
We were not able to check their breakfast since we decided to eat at ANDOKS (the cheapest fastfood chain ever in boracay!)
the only downfall i considered was the trainee who attended to us and he ddnt know yet what he was doing...so it took our most precious time waiting for him to complete the transaction.
so let's summarize
station 3 is most quiet than the remaining stations since station 1 n 2 are really for night parties and clubbin
island jewel inn is few minutes away from the beach
Its an inn! so dont expect a 5star hotel like
and most of all...budget friendly!!!
this review is my way of saying thanks for making our stay worthwhile!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lar0Cha
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Island Jewel in July 2013. The hotel was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff made our stay very pleasurable. It is located just off white beach (perhaps 1 minute walking), but down on the far end, so it is a bit of a trek to where the main restaurants and bars are. But this was just some extra incentive to go for some beach walks! The road the Island Jewel is on is closed to cars / motorcycles / trikes, which makes it very quiet but means you have to walk about 2 minutes with your luggage down the road. We highly recommend Island Jewel!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MarkG99963
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This is a well oiled and smooth running operation with great facilities and extremely professional staff. I kept on pinching myself to make sure I really was still in the Philippines which has the worst hospitality standards of any country in the region.

Stayed for 3 nights and the room was spacious, very well kept and spotlessly clean. short stroll to the beach and plenty of places to dine in the area.

but it is the staff that really make the place and in particular the front office manager. My God what a rarity that man is in the Philippines. Whatever the owners are paying him they should double it overnight and tie him to a long term contract or equity sharing arrangement. You sir are worth more than you weight in gold and I salute you for giving levels of service and hospitality that are so rare in the Philippines as to be almost non existent.

Sadly for us we turned up a few days later without a booking and they were full and we were forced to go elsewhere. as predicted that was a let down.

Will always stay here on our return visits to Boracay from now on

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank nonbg123
Reviewed 12 May 2013

It was a very pleasant experience in going to boracay, more so in staying to island jewel inn. Staff and management was very courteous, and sensitive to the needs of their clients and was very friendly. The hotel itself was very clean and very suitable for the budget. Definetly I would recommend island jewel inn to everyone who would go to boracay. Again, thank you so much, GOD BLESS and more power to the hotel and tourism industry :-)

• Stayed: May 2013