“Poor”

Ranked #54 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
pasig
“Poor”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The staff are good and polite but they dont provide a shuttle service to the visitor . When you stay at the building A , B, C , D you had to walk very very far from the desk . It is not advisable to the people who had children or to the old one . Cleanliness is good but the food is need improvement. For me you should better look to another hotel

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Judith C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dumaguete City, Philippines
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We were supposed to stay here longer but we opted to transfer to another hotel after one night coz this hotel is "in the middle of nowhere." It is up in the mountains with NO BEACHFRONT. We had to go through 2 flight of steep stairs just to reach our room (no elevator or escalator) and it was quite a walk to the main lobby and hotel's resto so much so we decided to have our dinner delivered to our room. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. They have a nice looking pool but we have nothing nice to say about its buffet breakfast. The quality and variety of food were terrible. We were all sweating a lot, in their lobby and its resto and the place was not even really packed. They probably need to improve their air ventilation. Their bathtub floor was so narrow, slippery and dangerous. With so many nicer hotels nearer to the beach, why would one want to stay here?

Room Tip: If you don't mind a long long walk and prefer some privacy, get a room as far as the lobby.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tyrone64
Manila
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Part of planning my trip to Boracay with my boyfriend is by looking at some reviews of the hotel we're planning to stay in. So I basically based it with what I've read here and I told myself that I'd do my own review once I get back from our vacation. And here it is :)

We stayed at Alta Vista for 3 days and 2 nights. It's kinda far from the white beach. But it's never a problem 'cause they have a shuttle responsible for picking up their guests from time to time. And it's no hassle at all for the shuttle's always on time for the scheduled trips. When we got there, we were amazed by what we saw. The view was awesome. The lobby, the infinity pool, the restau well, everything. Not to mention that the staff are all so friendly and accommodating (they always greet you whenever they see you. Seriously. It's touching. Haha) They explained everything clearly to me. The deluxe room that was given to us was certainly near so I can't complain about it like those who got the rooms far and have to walk uphill. The room was clean and impressive. The view from the balcony's breathtaking. The place was just quiet and peaceful. Perfect for relaxation.

The next day, we went straight to the restaurant area first thing for breakfast. And wow, I didn't expect that it's a buffet style. Everything's so delicious giving justice to it's fresh-looking look. It felt like we were in a real classy breakfast buffet not to mention the view that we're seeing. Very relaxing. For our dinner, we ordered food from their restaurant and had it delivered to our room. Their food's tasteful. Nothing to complain about it.

When it comes to room service, it's just very easy. You just have to tell the staff since there's a lot of them roaming around the area or you can just hang in you doorknob the sign that says "Make up room". So it's not a hassle.

The resort offers beach towels that you can take with you even if you're going out to the white beach or to Puka beach and speaking of which, they have a shuttle going there. All you have to do is to tell the staff what time you'd wanna go there and they'll immediately schedule your time for the trip. Puka Beach, I can say, is the "virgin" part of Boracay. Because it's plain - no resorts buildings or anything. It's not also crowded so if you wanna feel like having time for yourselves but still having that boracay feeling, it's perfect here.

To sum it all up, we enjoyed our stay here in Alta Vista. It's my first time in Boracay and I thank this resort 'cause they gave me my money's worth. All was indeed, well :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann C
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The hotel is a nice place to base yourself, particularly if you want to be away from the lively scene in Station 2. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Free wifi in lobby area only and pay wifi in rooms is a real shame.
The food in the hotel is so poor, its a shame that such wonderful views are spolied by such shockingly average food.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ec1966
New York City
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My Wife and I were at Alta Vista at the beginning of April 2012. The room we booked was for the studio suite which was very spacious. The room had your basic needs. The only two negatives to our room was the narrow bathtub and NO iron. The bathtub was too narrow and kind of dangerous to get in and out of. Make sure you hold on to the handle bars when entering and exiting the tub. As for the iron, I guess the hotel doesn't provide one because they want you to use their cleaning services which is resonable in prices

As for breakfast (buffet style), I couldn't just grab one plate. The hotel provides their guest with local Filipino food. They also had your typical continental breakfast avaiable. As you are enjoying breakfast at the hotel, don't forget to enjoy the panoramic views of the hills and the blue waters just passed the hills. My wife and I had dinner at the hotel for one night but we prefered eating at the center of Boracay.

The shuttle buses that takes you into town hourly were mostly on schedule. On peak hours in the morning, the hotel provided more than one shuttle bus heading into town. We always found a spot on the bus. Puka Beach, the hotel's private beach, is only a 10 minute shuttle bus ride from the hotel. If you want to be away from the crowd, definitly go to Puka Beach. Overall, the staff was very friendly and more than helpful. My wife and I are already talking about our next trip to Alta Vista. One of our best vacations we ever enjoyed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Joe U
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Booked through VRBO.com paid $45 a night for 2 story condo. Which was located on the 3rd floor of building G. the views actually where higher then Mt. Luho Boracay's proposed highest view point. The complex is well maintained and very quite and relaxing. My stay there was just after holy week and there seemed to be A LOT of visiting Vietnamese /Koreans. They for the most part are all rude and selfish. don't know what the concept of patience is or understand what a line is for. this created some issues with the free shuttle for my girlfriend and I. The hotel itself had a decent amount of student interns which did not really know much about the area. The concierge desk was worthless. Good thing Tripadvisor was available on the FREE wifi in the lobby. The private beach at Puka is a really nice getaway from the hustle and bussle of whitebeach. no "Mam, Sir parasail,jetski,bannaboat,helmetdiving" vendors. As that pitch will certainly get stuck in your head while walking the strip of Dmall /white beach.

All in all this place was great for what it offered. Front desk staff was super nice. Maybe a stronger amenities and local knowledge would be the only improvements I could recommend.

Room Tip: Top floors all are 2 story loft units. Very nice
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple