“Great place to stay”

Heavens Gate Boracay
Ranked #102 of 223 Boracay B&B and Inns
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 2 months this year, and I have stayed here many times in the past. Great place to stay if you are kiting as you can roll out of bed and check the wind and tide. View from the balcony is fantastic and the owners very accommodating.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
OceanRep, Owner at Heavens Gate Boracay, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
We are very happy you appreciate our little place and look forward to another visit.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Beijing, China
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Sorry I write this review so late.
We stayed here on June 24th to 29th,and after our 2days in Cohiba we moved back here again for another 2days.Glen came back to fix the wifi when we checked in,and it never has a problem since then,BTW,he's very nice person.The housekeeper Neng is also so nice.I love the view from the balconyn so much,and the bed is comfortable,but the ac is a little bit loud.We had 3 rooms,one of them had a kitchen,we used it not very often.
Walking to Dmall from MiSueno may take 15 mins,we walked everyday.At the very beginning,we were so tired every time climbed the hill,but for the later days,it became easier and easier.
In total,if I travel to Brocay next time,I'll be there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
OceanRep, Owner at Heavens Gate Boracay, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you returned after staying in a 4-5* for a few days also. It must mean we are doing something right given the price differences. All budget rooms on Boracay have window type AC but we plan to change this in the foreseeable future to upgrade our facilities and keep in front of the crowd. Hope to see you soon.
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights and we already made reservations about 6 months before we came here. A couple of weeks before we were due to leave, we were informed that we need to transfer to another room by the 3rd night since another guest will use it. This is kinda frustrating since this is the reason why we made reservations; so we'll get settled once we get there. They offered to lower the room rate so this made it up though we'd really love to stay in that studio room no matter what. Yes, the location is a bit of a problem since trikes there cost much; unless if you wanna walk uphill/downhill. Trikes are very scarce during late evening. So if you wanna party at night, it's either you have to ride a trike which will cost you double/triple their normal rate or walk your way up to get there. Another downside is, their restroom doesn't have a trash can which is really a problem for me. I still have to go out and throw trash in the garbage bin in the kitchen. We were not provided with toiletries as well which I find odd. We also requested for a flat iron and a bigger dishwashing bin (since their kitchenware/utensils are very big) but were never granted. One more thing, another renter has a dog which scares the hell out of me whenever we leave/go inside our room. This dog would really go near you and would bark at you (imagine how that feels). And the night guard stays at the back (well, maybe because that's where we pass to go inside our room). HOWEVER, WE LET THESE THINGS PASS since we are very satisfied with our room. It's clean, has a very nice interior, and it just feels like home. The view from the balcony is really breath-taking especially during early morning. Yes, wifi connection is unstable but there are times when it's really fast. Neng, the housekeeper is very accommodating. She helped us out with our things when we transferred to the next room. Glen, the owner, gave us a bottle of white wine as our welcome drink and that was awesome! When we got to our room, everything was already prepared including the dishwashing soap which I really appreciate. I was already expecting for an electric stove (since this is common for an apartelle-type of room) but it was a La Germania gas stove. The kitchenware seems new and most of it are branded. We had a lot of towels in the restroom and Neng always checks on us. It feels like you're in your own resthouse since you don't have to deal with attendants in the lobby, whatsoever. We'll definitely go back to this place. It's best for adventurous couples like us. :P

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anna b
OceanRep, Owner at Heavens Gate Boracay, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for your comments. I think a trash can in the bathroom is a good idea and we'll take this matter into consideration. I wasn't made aware you requesting other items as i've had tried to accommodate your needs.
Hope to see you again some future visits.
Split AC's are are on the list of upgrades to improve the rooms, but obviously this adds to room prices which are considered favorable considering the views.
We hope you had a fabulous time on Boracay. Bye for now.
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was attracted to this place because of the big balcony overlooking Bulabog Beach. I was not disappointed, it was sturdy balcony and we thoroughly enjoyed our balcony conversations. I was also pleased to get the purple room, my favorite aubergine shade! It would have been great if I had a cup of freshly brewed coffee each morning (place is accomodation only, no food). I intend to return, and next time, I will bring a tiny coffee maker (may I, Glen?)!

How come people say the double is 1500? Through MBG, I paid 2500 per night.

As the place was a good workout from the White Beach, on my last night, I transferred to a beach front place, which was disappointing: bungalow, like a nipa hut, with jalousies for windows. It did not feel safe or secure. The window was too big for a bathroom window, which I am sure reflected images outside. I missed the security of the thick stones, heavy doors, high location of my MiSueno room.

Connie the househelp was very nice. I had a pesky mosquito and she lent me an insecticide when I knocked at past 10pm. She also lent me a fan, as that night, the AC was not very cool.
Yoshi the pet canine added a feeling of security too haha!

Glen was very nice, too, ensuring another friend of mine who booked later through MBG also got a room, despite MBG saying there are no more rooms.

I just have one suggestion - perhaps a higher horsepower and newer AC for the purple room ?
Wifi worked perfectly, I did not run out of water, the room and entire place was clean.

The place is also quiet - except for that first morning when the dogs of neighbors were unfortunately, barking incessantly at something. Other than that, it was a peaceful, safe, and secure stay!

Room Tip: The studio room has a kitchen. There are utensils and plates. Pots, too.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hi, we are glad you liked our rooms with a view. MBG prices are the same as ours direct. 1500php-2000php is low season May_Oct. November sees high season rates 2500php-3000php. Some start their high season rates early or mid Oct.
Thanks for the positive comments and comparison.
I hope you feel you had value for money when comparing to the rustic style you tried after us.

We trust you have safe travels and visit Boracay again some day.
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 19 October 2013

it took us soooooo long to reach the place as it seems like nobody has heard of this hostel/hotel. Boracay is really small, so the drivers usually know the locations of all hotels. nevertheless, we reached mi sueno after a long ride after detouring to other hotels and asking around for directions.

the hotel is situated just behind Bulabog beach, BUT it's on top of a small hill. so everyday we panted ourselves up that hill as we didnt want to spend money on the tricycles. you can walk to the main beach, the white beach, but it's a good 15-20 minutes walk away. and with the uphills downhills plus walking on the sand, thats quite a good workout.

the interior of the room is nice, as we had the suite with the kitchen. however, internet was really unstable and despite them claiming that other tenants were able to connect successfully, we could only tap on a neighboring restaurant's wifi from our balcony. and when we were out at the balcony, we had to fend ourselves off mozzies... so surfing the net was considered quite a daily feat.

the aircon was placed right above the beds, so i woke up with a headache on the first two days. after that, i learnt to shield by head from the aircon with my sweater.

one more problem we had was the water. there were a few times we ran out of water in the midst of a shower/washing up. imagine the horror. after feedback, water was available but as weak as your pee. so i resorted to collecting water in the pail and bathing old skool style.

all in all, an experience that i won't forget.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
OceanRep, Owner at Heavens Gate Boracay, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
NeeGooo, Thanks for your comments, we'll aim to do better. Our Resort though small is on the guide book maps (so we'll ask agencies to include a map on their confirmation record).
The description says it on a hillside and from the pictures you see its elevated with elevated views (which are breath taking). I'm sorry yourwifi sensitivity wasn't great we have plans to increase coverage to better suit handheld devices. The aircons are window type, usually split type ac's are available at upscale resorts over $100/night. Our LS rates from $50 for a studio or $35 for a double are considered excellent for what we offer for 5* mattresses, Egyptian cotton sheets, big balconies and million dollar views.
Apologies about the water, but the water company were adding connections recently and this might have interrupted the supply. The resort does have a back-up supply for such events.
In which case we appreciate the feedback as this is the way we see our little chinks in the armour.
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2013

For those wanting to get away from the commercialism of whie beach this is great. A 10 minute walk from D'Mall, and no one knows where it is, but once you get your head around this at 1500p it is the best value on the island.Ther rooms are well decorated, TV,A/cond work well but wifi not working inspite of efforts of owner to fix, should be working by now I hope. Woken by smoker in managers apartment first morning, I would recommend that they have a non smoking policy in this place. Spacious room, good shower H&C, no breakfast option, walk to beach, opposite well known pacific palms resort. Will definitely return

Room Tip: There is a self contained unit available for families
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Thanks for the review. Most trike drivers don't know their own address, and our place is on the guide maps which are free at the port. There is a no smoking policy and we used to shoot those caught smoking in the rooms but this gave grave reviews (pun intended). Sadly some smoke when not supposed to. Internet for the island is a complaint even in 5* resorts its poor infrastructure and over capacity of the ISP's. We fight a loosing battle with their over inflated prices and poor quality.
Hope to see you again and maybe for some kitesurfing action ! :)
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Me and my girlfriend have just spent 3 weeks in paradise thanks to our stay at mi sueno. The rooms are spacious with a kitchen, air con, free (very quick) wifi, TV and balcony with a picturesque view of bulabog beach. There is a night guard and a really sweet housekeeper who are able to help with anything. Our room was cleaned and ridged everyday. Glen and Mi Young are lovely people and made us feel very welcome and comfortable for the whole three weeks. We saw the altercation with the guy who wrote the previous review and to us it seemed that Glen and Mi Young we're being completely reasonable as the guy was trying to avoid paying rent. We even heard the guy say good things about the accommodation before he tried to avoid paying! We would recommend this accommodation to anyone, we have no complaints!

• Stayed April 2013
We are glad you enjoyed an extended stay in our location. And thanks for posting this review to confirm the other review was indeed a bogus complaint. Hopefully those reading reviews will understand it has no bearing on truth. Happy travels. Hope to see you again some day.