“Nice place to eat with good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bamboo Lounge

Bamboo Lounge
Ranked #146 of 299 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Philippine, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boracay, Philippines
“Nice place to eat with good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have eaten at this place a number of times. The service and food quality is always very good. I would highly recommend the Asian salad and splice chicken wings. Very nice.

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
“good taste, good sunset view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We ordered shumai, shrimp noodle, stir fried beef broccoli, and lotus fried rice. Every dishes were good Chinese food and we could see beautiful sunset.

Manila
“Nice place to sing along”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Drinks & food were nice. Prices are reasonable and service a little slow. Had a great time with friends!

Visited March 2014
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Poor nachos”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had diarrhoea after eating their nachos. Also their nachos look so cheap but the fact that it cost 250 pesos. Pricey for having a bad quality food.

Visited March 2014
Boracay, Philippines
“Just a glitch?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I've been to Bamboo Lounge before and thoroughly enjoyed the food, so decided to take a visiting friend along in her final weeks holiday. The atmosphere and ambiance is great, with the low comfortable seating and table lamps.

The cocktails and shakes we had were delicious, with the bonus of it being happy hour. My friend had a honey, melon and mint shake - which sounds odd, but is absolutely gorgeous.

However, on the night we visited, the food was beyond disappointing.

I ordered the Chicken Rolls and Pork dim sum (my usual order) to start and specifically asked the waiter for these to be delivered to the table first (this shouldn't need explaining as they are both appetizers).

My friend ordered the calamansi chicken dish, broccoli and some jasmine rice and I ordered the schezuen chicken with egg plant.

The waiter returned about 30 minutes later with my friends order and the chicken rolls.

I told the waiter that I'd specifically asked for the appertizers to be served first and was told that the main was cooked and already ready to be served. When I tried one of the chicken rolls it was luke warm, indicating it had probably been sitting at the counter for a while. However, the chicken rolls were delicious as always.

The Jasmine rice was just one small cup, that served just one person - the price for this being over 100PHP.

The Calamansi Chicken, a version of lemon chicken, was 80% batter and 20% chicken. My friend had only picked at this dish and complained that it was fatty. I took it to pieces in front of the waiter and showed him that what looked like large chunks of battered chicken, was in fact large junks of batter with a 1cm bit of chicken inside. The batter, was lovely but at the price of the dish, and the description, you do expect some chicken as well.

My pork dim sum finally arrived, 5-10 minutes after the main course was served and was swimming in oil. They also did not have the usual amazing flavours, even when dipped in the accompanying sauces.

The Schezuan Chicken and eggplant dish was delicious but such a small portion, particularly when we didn't each the pork dim sum and couldn't eat the battered chicken.

I did tell the waiter that I was very disappointed in the standard of the food, that the appetizers were delivered either at the same time and after the main course, and I showed him the oil covered pork and the chicken-less, battered chicken. He acknowledged our complaint and disappointment but told us that the Manager wasn't there so there wasn't much he could do. I asked why there was such a drop in the usual standard and the waiter told me that the cook is different in the evenings. I pointed out that I've only ever eaten there in the evenings anyway.

When the bill was delivered, we both felt so disappointed with our meal, that I asked the waiter to reconsider the price. In the end they did remove the Calamansi Chicken from the Bill and we paid it. However, even then it felt over-priced.

My previous trips to the Bamboo Lounge have always been good and I've also ordered take-out from here, so I was really disappointed, particularly as I'd told my friend it was really good food etc.

• Visited January 2014