“Pretty Disappointed... Just a motel. ”
Review of Residencia Boracay

Residencia Boracay
Ranked #55 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Taguig City, Philippines
“Pretty Disappointed... Just a motel. ”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

For the price and the 3.5 avg rating on TripAdvisor, I was expecting a lot more. I had an upgraded deluxe room with my 7 month old baby and the hubby. The amenities of the room were pretty run down and old. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived too, which was pretty disappointing. The TV had a lot of channels, but half had no sound. There's only cleaning service available every other day. There's no safe and just a basic home door lock that you could pick easily. Our single friend had the regular superior room and it was really small with 2 twin beds. His ref didn't work. (rm 109). The bathroom barely had ventilation, so our swim stuff never dried. We couldn't open our window shade because it bordered a walkway. The room phone also didn't work, so I couldn't order food for dinner (stuck in the room with a sleeping baby). There's also no reception with Globe in the rooms and the wifi doesn't really work. We only got 1 bar and even if it was 5 bars, it was still really slow (rm 104). For the price, you can find something better.

Now, you might be asking why I would even give this a 2
Well... The staff was really nice and friendly. It was somewhat clean. The aircon worked well and the location was on the beach. Also, do to the fact that the hotel was wasn't big or busy, you can get a beach chair at anytime with options for a massage or foot scrub. The breakfast was good too.

I wouldn't recommend staying here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank CrabisGOOD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It's purely my luck to have came across this hotel coz i always wanted a beachfront hotel and i'm left with a month left to make a booking. After browsing numerous hotels and resorts this is the only one left available out of the 'HotZone' of Station 2 and 3. As you can see Station 2 and 3 are flooded with pubs and bars wherelse i wanted a quiet place to have a peaceful night rest. When i'm there everything is perfect. It's just couple of steps to the beach, white powdery sand, breezy and the sea is safe enough to swim in because comparing with Puka Beach, the sand are slightly rougher and the wave are wilder. Bolabog Beach is like being hit with a storm. With strong wind, i can't even open my eyes. The locals claimed it's depending on the monsoon so it will change. If you love strolling by the beach, going to Station 2 and 3 took you about 10 mins walk.

Room Tip: So far nobody have a complaint of mosquitoes. FYI beachfront view rooms are those costly..
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank V_Schizo
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 21 January 2014

It's my 3rd time to stay in this resort in the past 2 years. And I am never disappointed. I arrived in Boracay on the 7th of November, a day before typhoon Haiyan hit. I have reserved 2 rooms for this trip, with one room to be occupied by my friends who were arriving a day after. Due to the strong typhoon, all flights and boat trips were cancelled, and my friends have no way to get to Boracay (one of them even got stranded for days in Caticlan), therefore I had to cancel my reservation for the second room.

We were supposed to stay only until 10 November, but the airports were severely damaged and flights won't resume until after 2 days.

Therefore, we needed a room for 2 more nights and we had no reservation. The entire staff, including the Manila office was very accommodating and helped us save our precious cash (there was no power and internet in the entire island for days, ATMs had mile-long lines - not exaggerating, this is the first time I saw more than 200 people lining up for one ATM) and get the best deal for our extended stay.

We felt really safe and well taken care of although most of the staff are worried about their properties and their families too. Not to mention the well appointed rooms and the serene location - away from the crowded area but not secluded.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Take the superior deluxe room on the second floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bea G
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Recommended by a good friend who handled our booking arrangements, we were excited to be able to stay two night. We arrived fairly early in the morning, and was told our room would not be ready until much later in the day. (We had been booked into a standard room). We asked what the price difference was to upgrade to a balcony room overlooking the water.. the price was not much different, so we chose that option. Good choice! don't expect frills even with an upgraded room. The beds were ok and the bathroom small. The shower was interesting, but it worked. There was also a smaller shower room as you entered the room to wash the sand off before going in. There was a balcony that overlooked a courtyard area, with beautiful palms trees and a nice glimpse of the ocean. It was a nice treat to be able to sit out and enjoy a nice beverage or snack. There was a refrigerator as well as in room safe, which was nice. With a short walk out, we were on the beach. There is a buffet breakfast which again..no frills, but enjoyable if hungry. Free WIFI, which works best toward the check in area. Did not work in other parts of the hotel. The guard at the gate was very nice, and helped us get a pedicab to take us to the Mall. 10 pesos if sharing with others, 60 pesos just us. (we opted for the 60.) The sandy courtyard area.. you can get a massage, a pedicure/manicure or arrange for a tour/excursion. The beach is well maintained, and absolutely beautiful. Location is good as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susan D
London
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

LOCATION
The hotel is probably 5 +/- resorts from the top of station 1. It's a great location for those that prefer somewhere which is much quieter during the day when bathing. All of the hotels in Station 1 are high end pricey hotels and this one off little hotel sits in the middle of them. It's about a 5 minute walk to the bars of Station 1 (Cocomangas, Club Paraw, Guillys) and a 10 minute walk to Station 2 where most of the beach bars, restaurants and shops are) the walk home in the evening can feel a little intimidating as it's quite dark on the beach and the main road is quiet... although I have to say that we never really felt that we were in danger at any point. :)

THE HOTEL
The hotel is probably one of the cheapest in Station 1.... and you get what you pay for. It's a standard hotel, there's nothing glam or luxurious about it but I'm not going to complain as I thought the location was fab. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

THE ROOM
Standard room but has what you need,except a safe... luckily we had a padlock for our case which. There is a fridge, air con, TV and shower as well as a drying room for your towels and swimwear (and for you to wash sand off your feet)

BREAKFAST
Breakfast was really tasty!!! We had to pre order our breakfast for the first 2 days and for the rest of the days a Filipino breakfast buffet was available (longonisa, rice, tomatoes, bangus) pancakes were also available which went down a treat :)

One thing I will mention is that there were few occasions where we noticed that ants had gathered around anything sweet (by the water cooler and the serving spoon for the longonisa) this didn't bother me too much as I know it's likely to happen but it's definitely something they should try to keep on top of.

I wouldn't say no if I had to stay here again but would also pay £20 more to try one of the other hotels in Station 1

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank mooks143
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This hotel has appalling customer service, and violates safety regulations. During my stay I was injured in the garden path and turned to the front desk for help. They did nothing to rectify the situation and more than six months later they have done nothing to address the situation. Rooms are not clean, the hotel is noisy, staff and management are irresponsible.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TravelD20
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I booked this place precisely because I did not want to be staying in Station 2, which is the rowdiest, noisiest part of White Beach. It did not disappoint. This is a small, cozy property in Station 1, next to Ambassador in Paradise Resort. From the Cagban Jetty port, you can hire a tricycle and pay around 120 pesos. They have an entrance directly next to the main road. Check in is quick and perfunctory, and they allow early check-in. Rates are reasonable, given the location and the facilities. We got a superior room, which has a single and a queen-size bed. I loved the small laundry area, where you can wash the sand off your feet, and where you can dry your clothes quickly! The shower in the bathroom has good water pressure, has hot water, and - what I appreciate a lot in hotel rooms - a bidet! My only gripe is that the airconditioner was a bit noisy, But after a long, hot day of lounging in the beach, walking 20 minutes to Station 2's restaurants, you do fall asleep rather quickly.

They have an exclusive lounging area by the beach, with parasols and beach chairs, perfect for sunbathing and frolicking in the cool, glistening-white sand of Station 1. It's definitely not as crowded as Station 2, and this is the area that has the widest stretch of powdery fine sand. There are some hawkers that would buy and annoy you with sunglasses and water adventures, but not as ubiquitous compared to other areas. There's also an area in the front of the property with cabanas and hammocks. During the monsoon season, all properties along the beach put up walls of netting, to prevent sand blowing into the hotels.

As there were few guests during our stay, the hotel did not provide a breakfast buffet. Instead, you choose from a set menu what you would want to have the next morning, and they have it ready in the dining area starting 7 am. Do make sure that the dining staff understand what you want, as sometimes, they get confused and bring you the wrong meal!

Overall, this small hotel is clean, and I appreciate the reception staff, friendly guards and restaurant staff who go out of their way to accommodate your requests.

Whenever I travel to Boracay, I prefer to stay in a place that is quiet, away from the crowds, and has a cleaner beachfront and bluer waters. At the same time, I can be a leisurely walk or a quick tricycle ride away from the bacchanalian feasts of Station 2. If you're like me, this place is definitely for you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple