“Adequate but many annoyances”
Review of Tans Guesthouse

Tans Guesthouse
Ranked #28 of 219 Boracay B&B and Inns
Seongnam
“Adequate but many annoyances”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We arrived at 11am but they were cool about letting us check in early. They ended up taking us to the “annex” but the room was adequate (two comfortable beds, TV, AC, and fridge) and the annex is just 50 meters further back from the beach so it wasn’t a big deal. The bathroom basically had dripping water. Even after they fixed it, it seemed like every time anyone in the building flushed the toilet, water pressure reduced to drops. Plumbing problem was constant during our stay with water stop running at random times. The wifi was non-existent or too weak to be able to do anything with during the stay. To get the room cleaned, you had to be in your room (which was understandable but still an inconvenience). Staff were pretty apathetic. It didn’t matter what my question was (all were reasonable things to ask “where can I get laundry done?”, “when will wifi be up?”, “can you recommend a dive shop?”, etc), their reply was almost always “I don’t know.” I’m not even sure why they even have helped hands at this place. Basically a budget place charging mid-range rate because of the high season. While an adequate place to stay, too many annoyances to recommend it. There has to be many options that are better in Boracay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank thelonious22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed 23 December 2013

As always, I travelled again this year to Boracay and chose TGH to be my place of stay. This time, I was allocated the room at the Annex. It's a short walk from TGH main but I find the rooms cleaner and more comfortable. One drawback though was the WIFI connection the time I stayed was non-operational in the floor where I stayed. This was due to the disruptions both in the power and communications lines of the island by typhoon Yolanda. Nonetheless; the staff was helpful and accomodating. Thanks to Elna and Aileen who welcome my stay there again even for a short notice. I will always be coming back to Boracay. The island has a hypnotic spell on me that soothes my senses just looking at the tourquoise blue waters, walking the long stretch of the beach, enjoying some sports the island offers and a lot more for travellers whether alone or with company.

My review last year remains consistent this year. Hopefully, the guesthouse will give some priveleges to frequent visitors like me in my future travels to that paradise island of Boracay. See you again in 2014!

Room Tip: Choose a high-floored room in the Annex Building.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank JasonRey
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My first time here was in 2010 if I'm not mistaken. I was very satisfied. For the room rate per night, the room is big and clean, there is a cable tv, aircon, hot and cold shower and it is just beside D Mall. The location is perfect. The staff are very friendly too.

I went back here last month and the room I got this time was even better than my previous stay. I am very delighted to stay on this guesthouse again. An affordable place to stay in. Room is clean, cable tv, aircon, hot and cold shower for a very affordable price and the best part as I mentioned.. the location is perfect.

Highly recommended :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank BlissSummer
Manila
Reviewed 17 September 2013

stayed for 3 nights in Tans Guesthouse last July 2013. Our room from annex bldg is new and clean. It's really beyond our expectations considering the discount they'd given us. The bed has clean sheets and very comfortable. Bathroom is clean, organized and has hot and cold shower. Including in the room is the LCD with cable, water heater for your hot drinks, veranda for your wet clothes, and cold aircon. =) They have wifi in the lobby but it didn't reach our room (from 3rd floor), I actually don't mind about it.

Staff our accommodating. They always greeted us "Good morning", "Hi/Hello", "Good evening".

For booking and reservations, they responded to my queries promptly. As in within the today or tomorrow. And thank you Ms. Ailyn Bereber for that. =)

I will surely stay again to Tans for our next Boracay trip. We really had a nice and relaxed vacation. ^_^

Room Tip: Request a room from annex bldg 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mila R
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 23 July 2013

just got back from our vacation on the island of boracay. we made the right choice by staying in this guesthouse. stayed at the annex. the place looks new and well maintained. i also love the room design. its better than most of the hotels that we stayed in boracay. just a few minutes walk to the beautiful white beach. a real value for money. one of the most affordable places to stay on the island but definitely one of the best

Room Tip: "rooms in the annex are a little farther but newer and better"
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank travellingkatl
San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Me and my friends decided to book accommodation here, conveniently it provides a globe number we can contact since we have unli-call package with globe. Phone keeps on ringing for days but no one answers it, you send them a text will reply after hours you sent them. What kind of service is that? Have sent us an email of their price quote after 8 missed calls. Thought they'd improve after we mentioned that to them. After reviewing the quote and would have follow-up inquiries and you try to call them up, no one will answer again to your mails/calls/text. I wouldn't be surprised if poor service will again welcome us if we continue booking at Tan's.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 17 July 2013

- stayed for 4 days and 3 nights (June18-21,2013)
- highly recommended