“Highly recommended place to stay in Boracay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tans Guesthouse

Tans Guesthouse
Ranked #24 of 217 Boracay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Highly recommended place to stay in Boracay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

We booked our stay here at Tans last year (2008) and the owner Ms. Net was very fast in responding my inquiry. I paid my reservations in full and it was all settled.

We availed the 4 nights and 3 days stay there. Supposedly we booked Jan 23-26 but later on we changed it to Jan. 20-23. Ms. Net was very kind to call me and said it was okay to change our booking.

Then of course, we had all the inclusions in the said package except for the cocktails because we opted to sleep very early our our night stay in Boracay beccause we have our son with us and not to mention we did bring our yaya - and forget to tell the owner about it because the package was said to be good for 2 only plus free is my son. The owner did upgrade us to a bigger room w/o extra charge. We did paid for the additional for the island hopping and some in our food (breakfast and dinner of the yaya)

The vacation was simply superb. I even forgot my sunglasses Rayban in our room there and Ms. Net even texted me even Im on my way home and asked me my home address. She sent my sunglasses back! I was glad I stayed here and will stay here everytime I visit Boracay.

Food - big serving although its too sweet for us.

Tours - i liked the spider (the one we used for our landtour).

I highly recommend this place especially the coffee shop that offers free wifi. The staff are very nice and courteuos as well.

• Liked — Free Wifi, accomodating staff, friendly and homey
  • Disliked — none.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank jadeandthecity

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2008

it is very unfortunate to know that others have had bad experience with tan's guesthouse while me, have nothing to say but raves and praises..

my family with my 1 1/2 year old baby stayed with tan's last sep8-12, a 5 day vacation to the perfect destination since it was hubbys break from work..i have searched the net for the perfect place that could cater to my quirks since we are with our baby..i was just very fortunate to have stayed with tan's..we paid 1800/night for a family room good for 4 pax..it includes daily bfast, one time dinner, one time cocktails..the wifi service i was told beforehand that it only works in their rooftop area and i was fine with it, since the place was very comfy..

definitely, all in all the stay was awesome..i would definitely suggest the place to my friends, which actually i have been doing..tehee!

• Liked — the owner's attitude and the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank claire23Manila
baguio city
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2008

We stayed at Tan's Guesthouse last May 2008. We booked directly with the owner Ms. Net Sacapano. I chose this guesthouse because I read good reviews and relatively it was cheap considering the location, since its between station 1 and 2. The place was okay, we stayed in their family room with kitchen so I guess we saved a lot on food coz we were able to cook our own meals. But what was disappointing was that not everything that they put in their website was true.... Like they said that the accommodation included breakfast, but when we asked they said no breakfast was to be served. They also said free welcome drinks or something in happy hour..., free internet access, etc... don't believe any of these... coz none of it was true. How I wish that they just be truthful to what they say not just to advertise and to market their place. Mrs Sacapano didn't even welcomed us, its just their errand boy who welcomed us. I texted her that I wanted to see her to pay our balance but she didn't reply because I presumed their boy already told her that I was asking for the breakfast inclusion that they were saying in their website. So don't believe everything they put in the website..... Try other truthful guesthouses....

5 Thank rosegutz
net72, Manager at Tans Guesthouse, responded to this review, 1 November 2008
The inclusions in the website depends on the rate the guests are paying. For example during regular season the room with kitchen with occupancy of 4 pax the rate is P 3,500.00 /per day , but there were instances that the guest asked for a lower rate or a discount like for example P3,000.00. With this amount we are not offering anymore what are being offered in the website.

Presently, all our guests benefited what has been published in the website. With regards to internet connection, we provided already a wifi connection at the roof top (4th floor) to solve the problem of sudden internet disconnection due to power low voltage.

Net Sacapano is not all the time visible with her business and been busy also with other tasks to serve the public that's why she could not welcome all her guests.If in case she could no longer answer a phone call maybe she's in a meeting but for her, a ring of a phone is so valuable because this means business to her.

We appreciated bad comments so that we could improve our service. We've been trying to struggle in order to provide a good service to make our guest happy.