“affordable yet comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
phillipines
“affordable yet comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

owner is very hospitable . the place is just minutes away from the beach .

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosettebaldo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Baguio, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I was unable to book through using hostelbookers so I took the chance of writing an email to the owner around 11:45 pm. If the owner will not reply, I will then take the chance of being a walk-in guest. Fortunately, the owner sent a text the morning after, informing that he had booked me already and that I need to proceed immediately to Trafalgar upon arrival because I have no deposit for my advance booking. This is really great. He is a very considerate owner. I received a text informing me that the room I reserved was prepared already and I was able to check in around 9:00 am which is pretty much early. This is really, really great and I am really thankful to the owner for this kind of accommodation even though I have not deposited any amount yet. So, I paid for the first night which was 550 pesos, and the room was shown to me and the key was given too. I traveled solo to Boracay and checked in as solo but I was able to inquire and request if it was possible for an extension of stay because I have no place to stay in Boracay. Also, I informed that my Love (my gf) will stay with me. The lady attendant, Ate Lizel informed Sir Joel (owner) and after I came back from my beach stroll and island exploration, I was informed that I can have 2 more nights. Regarding the room which we have stayed on, it is just a simple bedroom with 2 windows and an electric fan and opened cabinet. There is no TV (besides, I don't really watch TV) and a bathroom is shared or common bathroom. There are other rooms available for family, couple and solo traveler. Just inquire in their website or you can call the owner directly and asked for reservation. What I really like best from my stay aside the from the hospitality, is that it is just along the main road, a few steps from E-Mall (D-Mall is another mall in Boracay) and a few steps from the original Talipapa where you can buy cheap souvenirs. The white beach is just a few minutes walk which is around 3 to 5 minutes. A very affordable place for a sleepover. There is no curfew. Just don't lose the key assigned to your room.

Room Tip: Call in advance or you can try to send an email to them.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jeb083079
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a couple weeks. We were only going to stay for a few nights but decided to stay longer. This is the cheapest hostel in Boracay and it is really nice. Very, very clean, fantastic location. If your on a budget this is the place to stay. www.trafalgarcottages.com

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carrie p
manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

The best thing about this place is the very friendly owner. He picked me up at the airport all the way to his place. You just have to inform him ahead. And of course, the place is packed with fellow backpackers so its a perfect place to know other nationalities.

Though this place is the best when it comes to value of money, but it has to be understood that its far from the beach front and it lacks amenities such as pool and own bathroom as later is common to all.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank carlomorales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

Moneywise its ok comparing other hostel.... Aircon? Yes they got aircon rooms you just need to know how to book through hostelworld or hotelbookers. Not that perfect as the flush lever of the toilet bowl is broken and quite difficult to flush hope Joel will look into it. Ambience i may say 30% only as the garden are not that well organized and the entrance oh dear almost i cannot recognize it as a hostel i thought it's a slum area. I don't mean so negative to the point telling you not to stay there, that's is only just some comment. Overall, while we are there staying outside the whole day so Trafalgar is a decent place to leave our baggage and the aircon room is ok for sleeping time..... Think of it as of this time 1,000 pesos for an aircon room good for 3, really cheap right? So kudos to Joel Tejada for the warm reception, to his staff as well!

Room Tip: Try to communicate with them first so that you will know about their rooms if suitable with the numb...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Vinz2533
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2011

This guesthouse was totally rad!! I stayed here for 6 nights and the owner Joel actually got his boy to come and pick me up at Caticlan airport. From Caticaln to Boracay it is about 40 or 50 minutes as you need to get a tricycle to the jetty, a 15 minute boat ride to Boracay, then another tricycle to the guesthouse. It only costs about $5 to $10 at the most for all of that though.

The guesthouse itself is run by a very friendly bunch of people and they loved me and my sense of humour. My sense of humour is somewhat idiosyncratic at times, but they accepted that and just let me be myself. I can honestly say that Filipino people are for the most part non judgemental, and certainly not as patronizing as some people are in some of the other South East Asian countries

The beach and shops are only a short work away and in the evenings they had some great entertainment on the beach, namely the firedancers. I also went scuba diving during my stay here, and I can honestly say that the diving here is on par with Phuket and the Great Barrier Reef!

If I ever do come to Boracay again, I would certainly stay in this hidden gem, that few people seem to know about.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank PerthBigAL
Busan, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

Spent 4 nights there and really enjoyed it. I adjusted quickly to the lack of AC. One thing i couldnt adjust to was the loud construction taking place next door starting at 7am!! It is impossible to sleep through it!

• Stayed March 2011