after 1 horrible night at Swiper's Inn, we found Fairway through their online booking website and were wow-ed by their:
1. Affordability (half of what i paid for Swiper's)
2. Upgrade to 1-bedroom suite which is near the guardpost, making it convenient to go in/out of resort without using their shuttle
3. Pristine private beach (meaning no unwanted touts, no rubbish, more security over leaving our items on the beach while enjoying the turquoise water, able to order yummy food directly to the beachside)
4. Friendly & efficient staffs (especially Ms Zet at the reception & a red-shirt driver whom I regretted didnt get his name, the only clue is he stayed next to the local police station, has 5 kids & some dogs) They stationed a guard at every villa block, making it safe & convenient to call for shuttle, i never waited for more than 5mins to take the shuttle)
5. Efficient shuttle to d-mart every hour (saving $ in taking tricycle)
6. in-room massage (ask for Michelle, she's very professional & skillful) which is absolutely convenient & enjoyable
however, they have areas to improve on as well:
1. The shower water was switching between hot, warm, lukewarm, cold during the whole shower even though we didn't adjust anything. so it was kinda hard to bath comfortably
2. Breakfast was slightly below average (the only nice food were rice noodle & freshly cooked omelets)
3. No room line in the room (i have to use my smart pre-paid sim card)
4. (not very sure) We started to develop small bites all over the body after 1st night of stay, suspecting it may be sand-flies (from beach) or bed bugs (from the bed) the bites didn't go away until we left Fairway & reach our own home.
5. No brochure/menu in the room for browsing of their facilities/services/in-room dining options. We only came to know of the spa centre (right infront of the beautiful beach) when we asked the driver, otherwise no other info was made available in the room. I only got to know about massage service after asking at the reception for a list of activities available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting a private white sand beach and an 18-hole golf course, Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay is an eco-friendly resort that also features 6 swimming pools and 12 food and beverage outlets. Free internet access is provided in designated areas. Each of the more than 700 air-conditioned rooms has views of the garden or golf course. Each room is equipped with the safe, LED flat screen TV, fridge and tea/coffee maker. Baby sitting, laundry and salon are also available on-site. Guests can enjoy exclusive amenities found within the resort including fitness and wellness center which features hot tub, steam bath, sauna and gym. For relaxation, they can have a massage by the beach at Maris Spa or head to Bluewater Spa. Horseback riding, zip line and cable car rides is also available. La Terraza Restaurant, overlooks the beach while the Veranda Restaurant, which offers a view of the golf course features a local and international menu. Laguna Cafe offers Modern Asian cuisine while the modern restaurant, Monterey Cafe dishes out international cuisine. Ventana Restaurant for its part, is popular for its Eurasian dishes. A private dinner by the pool or beach can be arranged on request. Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay can be reached via 45-minute flight from Manila to Caticlan, followed by a 5-minute ride to Boracay Island via the resort's speed boat. It is a 25-minute transfer from Cagban Jetty Port. A free hourly pick-up from D'Mall is provided until 22:00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Fairways & Bluewater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairways And Bluewater
- Fairways Bluewater Boracay