“The most bad hotel i have stayed in”

Fairways & Bluewater
Ranked #27 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Nanjing, China
“The most bad hotel i have stayed in”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I don't make dirty of their bed cover. When they found it is dirty with pink and yellow they didn't check it and didn't tell me in first time.Only put the blame on customs. they foced me to buy the cover when i checked out ,and it is easy to make the cover clean. The manager is no polite, lack of professional ethics . The fact is the insects make the cover dirty,none of my business.they are rude to their costoms,will be ruded to themself in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank haiyun z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 May 2013

we were satisfied with the service.Only the reception area is a bit on the low side.Takes awhile for us to get our room key.although i have fully paid our stay.reception has to take Php 9000 from(3000 each room)me.this is what they call a? Security money and will be return upon check out.what if i dont have that amount, does it mean we wont be able to check-in even our stay has been paid off prior.?anyway i would like to commend the waiter john i think his lastname is hotillano im not so sure but sounds like that.he was really good and kind.considering that we are the only filipino,,hotel resident during that time he still; ,treated us thesame us other hotel resident.the service of john has really made our stay perfect.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank riggsjerrimontespagcu
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay in this hotel, the staff were friendly and polite, we could get transportation to visit the busy white beach station 1 anytime, which has loads of typical tourist bars and restaurants and the must visit, fish market, where you just buy what you like and take it to be cooked in local restaurant. The beach at the hotel is beautiful and with a little cave at one end a perfect spot for the children to play and to get a bit of shade while having lunch, the infinity pool is just right to use after a swim in the sea , the towels provided smelt wonderful......breakfast was excellent, something for everyone, they could however expand on other meal choices and a ice cream parlour would make it heaven! Donnell was an excellent member of staff and very helpful....I hope the change over to the new lobby has been completed. we would like to go back there again, the Philippines is a really fantastic place to visit, the people are warm, happy and very welcoming. (It is a shame many Koreans now visit these beautiful islands, they came across to us as rude abrupt people with no manners!!)

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank gooner0812
Manila
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We got a good price to stay here in July of 2012. The resort seems to be fairly new, and everything is in pristine condition. The rooms were nice. We got a corner room so it was a plus. The bed was plush and comfortable. Overall the room was above average.There was not bath tub however. Breakfast is included, and while not very extensive for a hotel of this class, it was sufficient.

The hotel has its own private beach, but very few people seem to use it. I can attribute this to the fact that, 1). its beach isn't as good as the one in the main area, and 2). there's no water activities available here. Its just mainly a beach for lounging around.

The main downside to this hotel is its location. Its very far from the center of action in Boracay. I believe it is on the edge of the island, and indeed it takes 15-20 minutes by tricycles, or by their limited free shuttles. I say limited because I remember there was only 4 or 5 shuttles everyday to Station 2 (the main area). Be aware that the tricycles outside will try to rip you off. A trip to Station 2 should only be around 30-40 pesos, instead they tried to charge us 100 pesos.

The resort itself is huge, they have shuttles to whisk you between the different buildings. However, these shuttles weren't very frequent, You often had to phone the instead and wait for around 10 minutes. We ended up walking to our building most of the time and that itself is a good 10 minute walk.

One suggestion I hope they implement is to add more shuttles between the hotel and Station 2. For a hotel portraying itself as a more upper class resort, they should offer free pickup services also for hotel guests stranded in the middle of the night.

I was also very disappointed that the hotel didn't have room service during midnight. I got hungry at the middle of the night (3 am) and called room service, only to find out that if I wanted to eat something, I would have to go on a trip all the way to Station 2 by my own expense to buy something. Unacceptable for a hotel this size.

Overall, the room is nice, the resort is nice, but improvements will still have to be made, I am optimistic that this hotel will be better in the future. They just have to work on their main deficiency (the transportation to the main area, Station 2)

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms, so that you have dual views from the balcony, and higher floors, so that you h...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank xploredworld
Manila
Reviewed 4 May 2013

You can't wrong with newly renovated rooms, private pools and beaches and clean sprawling property. However expect service at par with a 3-star resort(or less). Food orders are served 30 mins later. There are no waiters on the beach and 1 I spoke to even refused to serve us (directing us to the clubhouse instead). Requests for housekeeping require additional 3 follow-up calls.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank stargazerManila
Shanghai
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I spent my vacation in Boracay in middle March , Fairways and Bluewater really impressed me. Very nice staff and very nice swimming pool which have a very good sea view. also two private sand beach. I would love to stay in F&B again next time I went to Boracay.

Room Tip: I stayed in Villa Lucia in F&B which was a private swimming pool under construction March 2013...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank BenjaminSH
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Me and my wife been here about 4 days the service was real good and friendly also the shuttle bus service to the center, it felt like you are always taking care of from the staff. If I will come again to boracay we defenetly will stay here again...btw breakfast and swimmingpool not to miss!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple