“Property, service 5 star - food and beverage 1 star” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairways & Bluewater

Fairways & Bluewater
Ranked #27 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Sangju, Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea
“Property, service 5 star - food and beverage 1 star”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

The location of this hotel is pretty secluded with a massive property of villas. There are three pools but the newest and cleanest one is near the entrance. The other pools were a bit drab and in need a of renovation for my tastes. The beach is very private and value for money here is excellent.

I have to start off with how terrible the food was in this hotel. 50% of the things we ordered the waiter would come back and say it wasn't available. We wanted desert one night... they had zero desert. We wanted garlic shrimp every day we ordered we were told they would be available the following day. One time we ordered lobster shrimp pasta. It came with no lobster, watery unseasoned tomato sauce and WORST of all no lobster. I sent it back untouched and it was still on my bill. The breakfast buffet had what appeared to be 5 day oldwater melon as its only fruit selection. ROTTEN tomatoes and moldy bread!! I would highly highly reccomend this property if they could sort out this huge flaw.

The Dmall shuttle worked like a charm for us we never had any problems what so ever. The service getting around the hotel property however is another story... waiting 20 minutes for a shuttle to come take you to the beach (10 minute walk) was annoying. Instead of having gas powered vans per request they should just employ 2 golf carts who drive in a circle with a hop on hop off system.

The golf course is really nice and you can play for 50% off as a guest (but sitll really expensive when you pay for all the rentals as this was a non golf holiday i didnt bring clubs in total it ran me 5000 pesos.

The massages are reasonably priced and so are the activities however if you go and bargain in dmall you can bet them for 50% cheaper.

The property is in desperate need of a 7-11 or mini store as there are ZERO stores or restaurants within walking distance to the property.

No in room wifi seems to be a thing in Boracay (understandable) but you will want to be situated close the new lobby. It has the sexy new restaurant (with awful food). Regular shuttle leave from here, free wifi and if you live near the new lobby you are close to the nicest pool and swim up bar.

I complained about the food and got a free shuttle over to out next hotel Boracay Regency (5 STAR). The manager seemed genuine and sincere about my serious issues with the F&B which is all I ask for.

My recommendation is to wait and let them sort out the F&B after enough people get sick and or complain. Finally they are developing this area as "Boracay Newcoast" Completion in the next 5 years. I would plan your trip after this area is completed as the island has limited shopping choices (dmall) with about 5 variations of all identical stores and souvenirs.

Room Tip: Stay close to the new lobby (Catalina Villa) for updated pool and close wifi. Stay close to the old...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Corrdawg
Marketing_Fairways, Manager at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Dear Corrdawg,

Thank you for your very detailed review about your travel experience. We acknowledge the issues that you have raised especially with regards to our F&B. Rest assured that they have been forwarded to our key people - who are now hard at work to improve and find solutions to the problems at hand. Your review will go a long way to help us become a better resort for our valued guests. Thank you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

First tip: check the discount websites like cashcashpinoy and ensogo ph for great deals. This was my mistake. I paid full price only to learnthat these websites offer atleast 30 percent off.

The room we had was spacious and clean. But it only has one mono bloc chair in the balcony. It would've been nicer if they had an alfresco setting.
The guard in our villa was friendly and accomodating. Pity we was not around when we checked out. I wanted to give him at least 500.

The services available in the hotel was not clearly advertised. There was no list available in the room.

Will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank butterflyexistence
Ustica, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Traveling is always a good cure for the weary soul. When life gets to be taxing or tedious, there is nothing like leaving life's stresses behind by journeying in faraway lands. The world is vast and beautiful, and to not explore it is a huge waste. But while travelling is wonderful in itself, nothing beats seeing the world with my soulmate. There is nothing like going on a Gondola ride in the Italian Riviera in Venice, watching a Broadway Musical in New York, or enjoying the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - all with the one you love. That is why when an opportunity arose again for me and my fiancee to go on a vacation, we immediately grabbed the chance to indulge our romantic wanderlust at Fairways and Bluewater Boracay THE PHILIPPINES! My fiancee and I have been to a lot of countries all over the world, but we have not been to the Philippines. Boracay has always been on our Bucket List. We really love travelling, we love seeing new places, getting to know other cultures. One of the things that made our trip to Boracay to stand out among our other sojourns is the Concierge of the resort Donell. I personally believe that the guest service of a hotel can either make or break a vacation, and Donell is definitely the best we have ever had. He was very nice, very friendly, had a great sense of humor. He is also caring toward us. He is also very caring towards other people. He also moves and think like an action star, sleek and fast, and I had a great time constantly ribbing him about it. j And the most important thing we expect excellence from when we travel? Of course the hotel accomodations should be comfortable and perfect which is exactly what Fairways and Bluewater provided us. As I said, this is our first time to travel to Boracay, and we were not disappointed. Actually, we've tried to looked upon two other resorts before this one, and I must say I'm glad we saved the best for last. I also want to share to everyone that we are recommending Fairways and Bluewater to our business partners in the US where we are based right now and also to our families and friends in UK. I'm already telling everyone all about our trip. I'm really encouraging them to book trips for it right now because we know they will never regret it. As for our future plans, we are already looking forward on having a Beach Wedding on the private beach of Fairways and Bluewater with it's pristine white sand beaches. " Breathtaking " is almost an understatement for this cluster of coves. If there was such thing as "panoramania", or landscape overload, Fairways and Bluewater would be the cause of it, with seemingly endless and unfailingly spectacular views coming one after the other, just around the bend.

Room Tip: Upper 3rd floor with a scenic golf view!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank IgZEM2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Everything was great except for the last day. I have to find my own transport to the jetty! Not only that, I have to also walk all the way from the lobby to the entrance of the resort which is some distance away carrying my luggages. This is really annoying and none of the hotel staff offered to assist us. It is as if that after checking out, you are no longer their guests and they don't care about your needs after that.
If they can arrange for the pick up from the jetty for free, surely the least they can do is to also drop us off at the jetty! This leave a bit of a bitter taste to our stay there.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank B T L
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed there last week of June 2013 in one of the villas. The entire resort is so huge and spread out, and with that comes the need to wait and use their service van which runs at specific times. I must say though that their vehicles did operate close to their posted schedules!
We had a rather unfortunate incident in our room when in the middle of the night the tiled floor literally started to open up and for a second I thought there was hail pelting our patio glass doors. It was a weird and huge inconvenience as we had to pack our things in the middle of our stay and move to another floor...though our room was upgraded. I almost think that there is a problem or anomaly when the place was built bec one morning while we were having breakfast, one of the heavy tiles from the walls came crashing down onto the dish table!!
I like the privacy and solitude the resort offers; I didn't like the fact that their private beach was not even close in comparison to the White Beach sand --lots of shells, some debris, etc. Kids loved the pools! Didn't like the real crowded breakfast lounge every morning. You are given meal vouchers... Which was rather inconvenient to always remember to take with you in the AM otherwise no meal for you. I booked the hotel online which was easy, but registering ( after having been on a long trip to get there) took a rather long time... I'd say close to 45 mins!! It's unfortunate that there was absolutely no wifi in the villas...just in the main reception areas...and to think you have to take their service vans to commute in their expansive resort. Fair warning: once in the D'Mall and you're waiting for the ride home, some of FBR foreign guests can be very unruly and cutting the lines to get into the vans! I appreciate though how the FBR guys manning the lines did their best to efficiently and properly load/unload guests and keep the chaos under control. There should be clear designated areas for specific resorts to pickup/dropoff guests...right now there really is no order on how this is being done.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Jadyan3
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel is complete perfection. The room was large and spacious as expected, the private beach and the infinity pool are breath taking.We ate at veranda restaurant and f&b attendants are very hospitable and attentive. All in all the service was very kind, thoughtful and check-in staff were super and very accommodating. Definitely will go back here to bring my family with me.

Room Tip: We stayed at Villa Maria
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michael B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

We went in a group. 4 couples. 5 kids all below 5, including a 5 month infant. So we opted for 2 two bedroom suites. Not having an elevator didn't matter because the staff always carried the strollers etc up and down. Place was clean and facilities good too. On other days I'd prefer being at the ocean's doorstep but with toddler,the distance and quiet made more sense. The private beach and in-room massages are useful when children are to be csred for.

• Stayed May 2013