“...just perfect ! ! !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 217 Boracay B&B and Inns
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
“...just perfect ! ! !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

BUDGET wise, Ocean Breeze is realistically VERY AFFORDABLE. It's like your own PAD/apt in Boracay. We felt 100% at home. Cleanliness was everyone's responsibility. Staffs and crews just had the appropriate personality. Being just completely yourself was highly tolerated. So, there was really no need for us to adjust as to how we communicate with everyone. Information were EASY to gather(the whatabouts, and the what to do's) with their people. I celebrated my BIRTHDAY on the 1stday..."thank you for the Cake!"... =) ....and on the 2nd day I had the most memorable PROPOSAL ---an under-water proposal it was!....because of the very affordable price for the place-to-stay, we had completed Boracay's awesome activities like....island hopping, buggy-riding, reef-walking, speedboat riding, and parasailing.

We sincerely and honestly want to voice-out that .."Ocean Breeze???.........just PERFECT ! ! !"

-Shane N Ryan ♂♀

Room Tip: Choose any room that best comforts you....
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank shaneNryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

This place has a couple of good points : it's only two minutes from one of the most beautiful beach of the world and the staff is really friendly and helpful. But there are also quite a lot of bad points : it's not very clean (bugs and cockroach in my room), it's noisy (roosters making noise all along the day AND the night) and my bed - I don't know for the other rooms - was absolutely awful because bedsprings were broken. So I spent 4 horrible nights. And it was expensive...

So personnaly I won't go back to this place.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
OceanBreezeInn, Owner at Ocean Breeze Inn Boracay, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Thanks for your review and positive comment about the friendly/helpful staff and location close to White Beach. Sorry, that you did not report any complain during your stay to our staff, because I am sure that immediate action would have been taken to correct your problem or even we would offer you another room, which is more suitable for you.

Just some remarks to your review ... When our staff asked you, if they may clean your room, your reply was .. "No thanks, not necassary", so I am just wondering that later on your complain about the cleanliness of your room. Another hint .. you often left your room entrance door and the window open, therefor no wonder when insects have been later on noticed in your room.
It`s wrong, when you state, we are expensive. As many regular guests always confirm again, we belong to those accomodation offers at Boracay with the lowest rates. Our fan room rate starts from only 490 Php per night for 2 guests and the aircon room from 790 Php/ 2 pax on. Please also consider, that you booked your room through a travel agents website and were able to compare our rates to many other Boracay offers, before you made your final decision. Anyway, you visited Boracay during Easter time, thats the most busiest and expensive time at Boracay. And you booked through an agent, and with your booking and deposit you also paid for agents service.
I checked the bedsprings and couldnt find anything wrong with it. Anyway .. we will change the bed to a more comfortable one within this month.
Changchun, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I chose to stay at OceanBreeze after browsing the reviews of Boracay B&Bs here in TripAdvisor. I made the right choice given that I’m a budget traveler.

My exchange of emails with Ocean Breeze (c/o Ma’am Emmy) was frequent before I made the final booking and even after I stayed for 5 days and returned to China for work, she emailed me my pictures with the staff and asked how I was after my Boracay trip. Ocean Breeze made quick and clear replies to any inquiries I had.

If you’re a budget traveler looking for a very comfortable and homey place to stay, then Ocean Breeze is the right choice. I stayed in their Guesthouse Upper Room A which was furnished with a new aircondition unit, new fridge, safe, closet, hot & cold shower, queen-sized bed, side tables with lamps, ceiling fan, cable TV, stereo-system and wine glasses. It has a balcony with a nice view complete with a coffee table and a reclining chair for sunbathing. This room on the 3rd floor has a wifi signal coming from the reception on the first floor. It’s a good steal for the price. The windows are really huge which is just the way I like it. I found coffee every morning right at my door.

The instruction on their website is clear. From the Cagban Jetty Port, I took a tricycle to Mandala Spa then called them for assistance since I couldn’t find the signpost leading to them. After 5 minutes, the staff named Marlon was there to pick me up. Friendly and very accommodating guy he is, he carried my 12kg suitcase. I could have gone to the resort by myself but the sign couldn’t be seen anywhere. Marlon discovered it fell off. Ocean Breeze needs to check and put it back so their first-time guests can easily find the resort.

One thing I find negative is their distance from where the night life is. I can’t fault them on this though. The nightlife center is in Stations 1 and 2 and they are in Station 3. So during my stay, I walked the whole 7km stretch of the white beach whenever I went to Club Paraw, Guilly’s or Epic Bar. I tell you, I left the bar tipsy and when I reach Ocean Breeze, I wasn’t. It’s quite a walk but it was fun. Many people were walking anyway.

One final note, the nearest beachfront to Ocean Breeze is very quite and less populated. I enjoyed whiling away my time reading a book while I had my usual drinks. Cheap lunch or dinner can be had in some nearby mini-restaurants along the beach.

All in all, my stay in Boracay was very pleasant. The difficulty in finding the resort was compensated when I was greeted by their smiling staff. I can only remember their names start with the letter M. My fatigue from a long bus ride from Iloilo City was gone the moment I entered the room they prepared for me. It had that scent (from the fabric softener) which made me so relaxed.

So Ocean Breeze, 谢谢您!Muchas Gracias! Danke Schon! Salamat! I’ll definitely come back.. You’re my home in Boracay!

Room Tip: Choose the Guesthouse Upper Room A on the left or right side. It comes with your own balcony. Wifi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank PropesorTuko
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed here five days in March 2012 and it was a very relaxed place. The aircon room was comfortable in size, as well as the mattress was good. Some things (like this mattress) caused our yearning, when we had a very thin and uncomfortable bed-foam in our next accomodation, after Boracay, in Pandan, Panay island.

The WIFI worked without problems very well, the balcony with an additional sunbed (aside of 2 chairs and table) is pleasant for a shady afternoon nap. The short walk to the beach is okay, this 3-minute way is the price for the quiet location of the house and the rooms. Not to forget the staff, they have been very friendly and helpful, nothing to complain.

Ocean Breeze Inn offers no full breakfast, but instead we have been served with a thermos jug of hot water and instant coffee, which was placed every morning already at 6 (or so) to our balcony. As the room has also a ref, no problem to store there butter, jam, cake or any preferred things for an individual breakfast.

The beach area is nice and not so crowded like in Station 2. If you order there your drinks, sunbeds and umbrella is given for free, for your private use.

All together a place to come back again. We have been in several accomodations while this journey (Palawan, Coron, Boracay, Panay, Negros) and the Ocean Breeze Inn was for sure the most pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sunsetstrip77
Makati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed here in February 2012 with my Hungarian friends. We got two rooms. First room is good for two which is on the second floor, that was big, with a refrigerator and a vault. The second is an extension room on the ground floor, it is very small and can just accommodate 1 person.

It is not a hotel so don't expect hotel quality if you'd stay here. There are occasional cockroaches and lizards. They forgot to plug in the air conditioning unit of the extension room and my Hungarian friend told me the following day. Unfortunately, the plug did not match the socket and there was no adapter given. They fixed it immediately after I reported it.

The toilet in the second room floor kept having some problems. First it won't flush down. They resolved it immediately. Then the next day, the tank wasn't filling up. I reported it but they did not fix it. We spent the next days manually pouring water into the bowl to flush.

Well I guess we got what we paid for. Room rates are very low, so if you're on tight budget, this guesthouse can do. But if you'd be willing to shell out a little more, go find another one. There are some nice quality guesthouses near D'mall. Location-wise, it's not a good find as it is in the end of small alley in station 3.

Internet is not free, you have to pay around 50 pesos per day so they'd give you the network password.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Travelled with 9 friends over ChineseNew Year so a very busy period. The staff were very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to help us as much as possible. The Inn is situated a short distance from white beach and is nice and quiet (except for the cocks, haha highjinx). The rooms were clean and everything worked. The beach near Ocean Breeze is slightly quieter and more relaxed than the beach near boat station 2 which was great. I would really recommend Ocean Breeze to anyone travelling on a budget for a nice homely place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower floors have better WiFi
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Zoolander135
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Was a bit hard to find but the locals were super helpful. The room was awesome had a private balcony overlooking the jungle, shower was great as was the a/c. It's not far from the beach at all and the beach is less busy than station 1 or 2 so your able to score a prime spot with lounge chair easily. The ONLY issue and it is no fault of Ocean Breeze is the damn roosters next door. If your an early bird you won't have an issue with this if your not indulge in many cocktails and you'll sleep through their noise.
The male staff were super friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the roosters as possible.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo