All reviews diniwid beach dry bag minute walk place to stay swimming pool white beach two nights perfect location hostel facilities noise crowd island backpackers coz station trike
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Felt lucky to have stayed at Chillax on my third visit to Boracay, it's a 10-15 minute walk to White Beach so that it's convenient to get to (but you're not stuck in the middle of hundreds of tourists all day while trying to recover from a hangover). Diniwid beach is only a few minutes away and really quite and clean.

The rooms are large, incredibly clean, and the toilets and shower are 5*, at times I felt like I was in a posh hotel instead of a backpackers! The staff at Chillax are amazing and really friendly. Dan (the owner) gave me some great tips on things to do, where to eat, and can even help arrange dives, day trips, a visit to the zip-line etc. Each guest is given a waterproof bag, a fan and a reusable water bottle to use during their stay which is great as I never had to buy plastic water bottles.

The pool at Chillax is awesome - I've never been in anything like it (see the attached photo)! Food can be served on the deck by the pool and I have to say it's some of the best I've had in Boracay and very reasonably priced.

There is a small local convenience store across the road (called John Glen's) and a shopping mall around 5 minutes away which has everything you need (CityMall).

Had an amazing stay but unfortunately wasn't long enough - will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The rooms are all great, but there are stairs which you need to climb up and they can be quite steep.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My stay in Chillax was great ! We chilled there so much ! I liked atmosphere there: it was minimalistic but cool and stylish. An owner of this hostel Dan is awesome, he knows so much about Boracay and let us know about the best places to eat, to dive, to do different activities, so we had a great time! Thanks to them! For me it was a place where I met a lot of people there - an atmosphere is super nice! I liked the way girls made a breakfast for everyone in the mornings and how they made a bed in the afternoon. It's clean, comfortable and friendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I cant say enough about these guys.. I initially went for a week and stayed for almost 3, the location is away from the noise and party which is definitely a good thing, you can walk around the coast to others stations in 15-20 mins or jump on a local rate trike at the mall for 20peso. It has the amazing Diniwid beach just 3 minutes walk down the road which is also great for the sunsets and has a couple of chilled happy hour bars.

Service wise the guys go above and beyond, from the off I get a very warm welcome, Dan is a true gent and all his staff are always happy to help with anything you need, I even ended up in hospital requiring stitches and Dan assisted me along the way.

If you are looking for somewhere more chilled, cheap but also very sanitary and clean and good food then this is the spot. All those requirements would be hard to find elsewhere on the Island..

If I can say one gripe... it would be nice to have a fresh towel each day.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Good to know that there is an establishment around the busy island of boracay that you can totally feel chill and relaxed. Its name totally live up to it, plus the accommodating staff. Would consider to go back here. Thank you for the feel good experience. Keep it up!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

This hostel is something i have never before experienced, all made from shipping containers and to a 5 star rating finish, including a pool! Dan was more than welcoming and made our stay easy and enjoyable. Definelty recommended!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends